Low-cal chocolaty snacks?

Options
damnedlady
damnedlady Posts: 32 Member
My nick is damnedlady and I'm a chocoholic. I need some good ideas for low-cal, easy to make, chocolate snacks. It's a definite plus if it's vegan too. I have bought cocao powder and cocao butter, but not sure what to do with it ...

Replies

• catti41
    catti41 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    i eat 70% cocoa chocolate, the lindt version, it's only 55 cal per square and you dont really need more than one, two tops!
  • hpsaucette
    hpsaucette Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Sprinkle into low-cal pancake batter, in low-cal muffins/cookies, mixed with skimmed milk/water, mixed with fromage frais/greek yoghurt/philly,
    Make up lil pralines - Cocoa powder (low fat, unsweetened)1 table spoon, Egg yolks1 (optional), Skimmed milk2 flat table spoons, Skimmed milk powder 7 table spoons, Sweetener 3 table spoons, Vanilla extract 8 drops. Mix, add to container i.e. ice cube tray and leave in fridge for a couple of hours.
    Think you can also buy lightly chocolate coated treats in most supermarkets too.
  • jenbison
    jenbison Posts: 38
    Options
    Yum, I so agree. It is so satisfying and you don't have to make it:smile:
  • jenbison
    jenbison Posts: 38
    Options
    I love chocolate too. I am not much of a cook though. Dark chocolate (Lindt, Ghiradelli, Dove) has healthy benefits and is very satisfying. I know you said vegan, does that mean you don't eat dairy products. If you do, I also get my chocolate fixes with chocolate whips by yoplait or chocolate pudding.
  • TheFunBun
    TheFunBun Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    This isn't low cal, but it's so rich that you can easily get away with eating very little. And sooochocolatey.

http://www.fortheloveoffoodblog.com/2011/08/raw-chocolate-coconut-cupcakes-with.html
  • dhakiyya
    dhakiyya Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I've not tried this myself because I'm not into chocolate flavoured yoghurt, but you get a low fat yoghurt and mix in a scoop of chocolate flavoured protein powder. That way you get a lot of protein for minimal calories in a sweet chocolate dessert :)

I think if you love chocolate but want to stay healthy, you can do a lot with chocolate flavoured protein powder. The extra protein makes a snack into a mini-meal and it's a LOT more filling (protein makes you feel full)
  • brittanya92
    Options
    Cocao powder plus a little stevia with warm almond/soy milk! Delish!
  • damnedlady
    damnedlady Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tips! I will try them :)

I do eat dairy, but try to not eat so much of it.
  • kfitzpa
    kfitzpa Posts: 326
    Options
    I've been drinking the "Diet" Swiss Miss hot chocolate every time I get a chocolate craving. It's 25 calories and works like a charm :)
  • Four_Leaf_Clover
    Four_Leaf_Clover Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Cocoa dusted almonds are delicious. Emerald makes them, but you can also find recipes online to make your own - basically whole almonds, egg white, cocoa powder and your sweetener of choice.
  • vichick20
    vichick20 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Chia pudding is unreal and you can make it any flavor. It is also vegan :love: Chocolate chia pudding tastes like a chocolatey version of tapioca. Use this recipe and use chocolate almond milk to make it, or add a tbs of cocoa powder.

http://delainesskinnydelights.blogspot.ca/2012/05/chia-seed-pudding.html
  • kikiboniki
    kikiboniki Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    eating right makes an amazing FAT FREE chocolate frozen yogurt. Tastes just like chocolate ice cream only so much less guilt.
  • Bookchick887
    Bookchick887 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Sprinkle cocoa powder into cool whip.
  • HelloSweetie4
    HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I have heard that banana's help take away chocolate cravings. If that doesn't help, dip it in dark chocolate! lol
  • HelloSweetie4
    HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I have heard that banana's help take away chocolate cravings. If that doesn't help, dip it in dark chocolate! lol
  • MoganHorse
    MoganHorse Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I've been drinking the "Diet" Swiss Miss hot chocolate every time I get a chocolate craving. It's 25 calories and works like a charm :)

Me to! It's amazing, it doesn't taste low anything either!