THIGHS

Options
Good Morning to everyone and happy Monday! Just a quick question does anyone know of good workout exercises that will help with the inner thighs?? I have noticed my legs getting toned but the inner wiggles anybody have exercise tips that have helped them could you let me know?? Thanks so much hope everyone has a fabulous week!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Squats, lunges.. and heavy ones at that.
  • emmlovesyewx3
    Options
    pop pilates!
  • xXmimiXx
    xXmimiXx Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Squats and Lunges.

Everyone says it...and it works honestly! I used to have a mental block on squats and lunges but if you do them everyday for a week you get used to it and start to enjoy it! Honest! Give it a go :o)

If you want a structured workout where you don't have to think and you get motivated by someone else, try Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred
  • kcragg
    kcragg Posts: 239 Member
    Options

^ this
  • Jenncoc86
    Jenncoc86 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    get an exercise ball, there are several exercises that will help, check out fitness magazines website.
  • DeMarraDontStop
    DeMarraDontStop Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I have the jiggly inner thigh as well, I do squats and lunges, I for sure see a change on the front and side of my thigh but not the inner. Would like to see responses...
  • Wendysworld13
    Wendysworld13 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Squats and Lunges.

Everyone says it...and it works honestly! I used to have a mental block on squats and lunges but if you do them everyday for a week you get used to it and start to enjoy it! Honest! Give it a go :o)

If you want a structured workout where you don't have to think and you get motivated by someone else, try Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred

Hate to say it but its true. And this workout is a tough one ecven for someone who is a seasoned work out person - just taught it to someone who clearly said WOW!
  • billgiersberg
    billgiersberg Posts: 163
    Options
    This fitness trainer shows how to do some inner thigh exercises.
    http://www.ehow.com/video_8213289_do-do-inner-thigh-exercises_.html
  • dad106
    Options
    I have the jiggly inner thigh as well, I do squats and lunges, I for sure see a change on the front and side of my thigh but not the inner. Would like to see responses...

The jiggle is fat.. thats another key component. Lose the fat=lose the jiggle.

Do cardio, squats and lunges, and eat a deficit.. eventually you'll see change.
  • jennkain97
    jennkain97 Posts: 290 Member
    Options

Absolutely! Hold a kettlebell or other heavier free weight (dumbbells won't cut it for long). Curtsey lunges are great for inner/outer thighs especially. Instead of going straight back, take one knee to the floor BEHIND the opposite foot, then switch to the opposite leg. Hold the weight and maintain proper posture, and you will also work the abs a ton!
  • EbAbYgONhArD2013
    Options

Obviously I know its fat and OBVIOUSLY I do cardio and eat at deficit and I have not seen any change on my inner thigh that is why I was asking for suggestions not for a sarcastic remark thanks!!:frown:
  • Dudagarcia
    Dudagarcia Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Pilates also
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    If you have an exercise ball, you can stand with it btw your legs and squeeze it.

Curtsy lunges are a good variation to work different parts of the leg as well.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    thigh master?

just kidding, dad has it right, squats, lunges, deadlifts.
  • jameehardey
    jameehardey Posts: 32
    Options
    pop pilates! youtube blogilates. inner thigh insanity phhhhhhhew!
  • nessagrace22
    nessagrace22 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    :ohwell: bump
  • glowbuggy
    glowbuggy Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    For 10 bucks u can get Jillian Michaels 30 Day shred. AND IT DOES WORK!!! Thighs, inner/outer, arms, abs, all of your body! And U WILL FEEL it after the 2nd or 3rd day!

Its a great workout for 10 bucks!!
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options

Obviously I know its fat and OBVIOUSLY I do cardio and eat at deficit and I have not seen any change on my inner thigh that is why I was asking for suggestions not for a sarcastic remark thanks!!:frown:

I don't think she was being sarcastic, at least it didn't seem that way to me.

A lot of people think that squats and lunges alone will help them lose the fat in their legs and they won't. Obviously they give a calorie burn, which contributes, but if you are building or maintaining muscle in your legs to firm them up through these exercises, it won't make the slightest difference unless you are losing the fat as well.

Fat loss comes from a deficit, which is easiest to achieve through diet or cardio. Squats and lunges are amazing, but to show the muscle and have less fat there, the deficit itself is the main thing.

You have to be patient, when you have a deficit and are losing fat, you can't choose where this fat comes from (you can't spot reduce). For some people it's from the thighs first, and some it comes from the thighs last, but if you are in a deficit, they WILL lose the fat in time. :smile:

In short: A calorie deficit (through diet and cardio) to lose the fat + strength exercises such as squats and lunges to build/maintain the muscle you have in your thighs (which is what keeps it firm looking)
  • dad106
    Options

A. This was not directed at you

B. I gave you a response earlier

C. Grow thicker skin... this is the internet after all. You are bound to get lots of posts you don't like.. and posts that are sarcastic... If you don't like it, then don't post.. that simple :)
  • nomadic_neenz
    Options
    My inner thighs are pretty flabby as well! Actually, they're really out of proportion with the rest of my body...can you say "pear shaped"??? Haha anyway.

I agree with everyone else - cardio is essential! I don't really think that you can just target one area of your body, like just isolating your "inner thighs." However, I think that the Pilates side leg series of movements really lengthens and makes my legs leaner.

There is also a Pilates move that I saw in an infomercial that specifically focuses on your inner thigh: you lie on your side, support your head with your bottom arm, steady yourself with your top arm, and cross your top leg over the bottom one (bending at the knee and hip so the knee is pointing at the ceiling). You do small pulsating movements with your lower leg...just raising and lowering it. Do that on both sides.

I also think and have heard from others that jogging tends to bulk up your calves, whereas walking lengthens your whole leg more.