THIGHS

Options

Replies

• dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I have the jiggly inner thigh as well, I do squats and lunges, I for sure see a change on the front and side of my thigh but not the inner. Would like to see responses...

The jiggle is fat.. thats another key component. Lose the fat=lose the jiggle.

Do cardio, squats and lunges, and eat a deficit.. eventually you'll see change.

Obviously I know its fat and OBVIOUSLY I do cardio and eat at deficit and I have not seen any change on my inner thigh that is why I was asking for suggestions not for a sarcastic remark thanks!!:frown:

I don't think she was being sarcastic, at least it didn't seem that way to me.

A lot of people think that squats and lunges alone will help them lose the fat in their legs and they won't. Obviously they give a calorie burn, which contributes, but if you are building or maintaining muscle in your legs to firm them up through these exercises, it won't make the slightest difference unless you are losing the fat as well.

Fat loss comes from a deficit, which is easiest to achieve through diet or cardio. Squats and lunges are amazing, but to show the muscle and have less fat there, the deficit itself is the main thing.

You have to be patient, when you have a deficit and are losing fat, you can't choose where this fat comes from (you can't spot reduce). For some people it's from the thighs first, and some it comes from the thighs last, but if you are in a deficit, they WILL lose the fat in time. :smile:

In short: A calorie deficit (through diet and cardio) to lose the fat + strength exercises such as squats and lunges to build/maintain the muscle you have in your thighs (which is what keeps it firm looking)

Thank you.. this is what I meant, and she said it perfectly.
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    BamaBreezeNSaltAire Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • corrinnebrown
    corrinnebrown Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    sumo squat.
  • countrygirlatheart0717
    countrygirlatheart0717 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels Killer Buns and Thighs
  • sel254
    sel254 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Bump....I have this same problem
  • Sundance722
    Sundance722 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    pop pilates! youtube blogilates. inner thigh insanity phhhhhhhew!

I just watched the inner thigh insanity. OUCH! I'm definitely going to add this to my rotation. Thank you.
  • EbAbYgONhArD2013
    Options
    I have the jiggly inner thigh as well, I do squats and lunges, I for sure see a change on the front and side of my thigh but not the inner. Would like to see responses...

Obviously I know its fat and OBVIOUSLY I do cardio and eat at deficit and I have not seen any change on my inner thigh that is why I was asking for suggestions not for a sarcastic remark thanks!!:frown:

A. This was not directed at you

B. I gave you a response earlier

C. Grow thicker skin... this is the internet after all. You are bound to get lots of posts you don't like.. and posts that are sarcastic... If you don't like it, then don't post.. that simple :)

Grow thicker skin???? I was not being sensitive to your comment just simply saying I know what it is called "fat" was asking how to tone Duh... I also know everyone is entitled to their opinion it's just some are more stupid than others its just that "simple" :laugh:
  • EbAbYgONhArD2013
    Options
    THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR THE SUGGESTIONS I WILL GIVE THEM A TRY AND SEE WHICH ONE I LIKE THE BEST AND CAN STICK TOO :wink:
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    As others have said you can't spot-reduce fat, but I've found the one exercise that targets my inner thighs like no other is kettlebell swings, as heavy as you can go!
  • EbAbYgONhArD2013
    Options
    As others have said you can't spot-reduce fat, but I've found the one exercise that targets my inner thighs like no other is kettlebell swings, as heavy as you can go!

Thank you I will have to look into buying some of those this weekend after pay day.
  • VMarkV
    VMarkV Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Front or back squats wide shoulder width stance and deep (front squats place more emphasis on the quads than back squats)
    Sumo squats work too
    Pretty much any wide stance compound leg exercise is going to work the inner portion
  • badgerbadger1
    badgerbadger1 Posts: 954 Member
    Options

C. Grow thicker skin... this is the internet after all. You are bound to get lots of posts you don't like.. and posts that are sarcastic... If you don't like it, then don't post.. that simple :)

Grow thicker skin???? I was not being sensitive to your comment just simply saying I know what it is called "fat" was asking how to tone Duh... I also know everyone is entitled to their opinion it's just some are more stupid than others its just that "simple" :laugh:

You're really out of line here. Why are you being rude?
  • EbAbYgONhArD2013
    Options

You're really out of line here. Why are you being rude?

I am being rude?? Sorry I didnt think I was
  • killinme
    killinme Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    An old book called "Thinner thighs in 30 days" has some great targeted inner thigh exercises. This will help with the squats and lunges.

Hope that helps!
  • skinnyl0l
    skinnyl0l Posts: 63
    Options
    POP PILATEEEEEES :D:D
  • heddylyn
    heddylyn Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Get a medium sized bouncy ball, put it between your thighs and hold it there while you do squats.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options

Being snotty to people who are trying to help you won't make your thighs jiggle any less
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    when I first started riding my bike I lost an inch off both thighs in less than two weeks. i find my inner thighs are so much better when I ride. :)
  • jkleon86
    jkleon86 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I picked up the do-hicky at a yard sale called "leg magic" if ya lived next door it would be on your doorstep today hehe it kills my knees but works you thighs and inter thighs check it out on youtube.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    squats, lunges, bear crawls, deadlifts, inclined treadmill, hip abductors, bike and above all - eating clean