Anyone own a Kia?

Options

Replies

• curvykim78
    curvykim78 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I've had 2 of them...I bought a Kia Sephia brand new...it was so aful and was in the shop so much and they couldn't EVER fix it. Didn't matter which dealership it went to, it wouldn't stay running. Every time I took it in for them to fix one thing, something else broke while they were trying to fix it. After 3 years and the dealership finally realizing it was a lemon, KIA offered me to pick another KIA and simply pay the difference. I said yes, not because I wanted a KIA but because I wanted a car that would run! I got a KIA Sportage. The Sportage was better than the Sephia, but I WILL NEVER OWN ANOTHER KIA EVER.....
  • m60kaf
    m60kaf Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    That kia looks pretty cool. If you are talking the 200+ hp versions

Don't they come with a no quible 7yr warranty

That chevvy looks the typical uninspired GM c r ap
  • _hi_hat3r_
    _hi_hat3r_ Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I like the Kia Sorrentos
  • itgeekwoman
    itgeekwoman Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Husband owns a Kia and while it's not a really nice sports car it meets his need for an economical and safe means of transportation. I drive it when my Mercury breaks down :).
    He's had no issues. I've had a bevy of them. Of all the cars we've owned, it's really the cheapest car both in style and accessories, but it runs every time and he's had no issues.
    I like it.
  • erica14304
    erica14304 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I have a 2011 Kia Soul. I love it. It gets about 24 mpg in the city driving. You can't beat the warrantee.
  • AMR76
    AMR76 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I purchased a Kia Spectra5 in '08 and love it. The customer service I have received from their maintenance department where I go for oil changes and preventative maintenance has been outstanding, unlike anything I have ever had at other dealerships.

However, like others have said, I've noticed it is wearing out faster than the Chevy Cavalier I drove. (The chevy started wearing out in the 70-80K range, but my Kia is starting to feel the wear in tear in the 50-60K mileage range).

The mileage is great. I drive mostly highway and average 30-35 mpg.
  • sammyjbray
    sammyjbray Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I have had a Kia Sedona since 2003, and aside from normal wear and tear it's been reliable. I will definitely get another when this one's time comes.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I owned a Kia in 2007. I think it was a 2003 Kia Sportage. Fun little car to drive, but it had lots of issues. Ended up totalling it when I pulled out in front of a hulking 78 Chevy van. Crushed it like a Coke can. I don't really consider the Kia a smart buy. In my experience, they are not made very well, and therefore, not dependable. But the company may have changed the way they manufacture their products since I owned one. Just my opinion. I would not buy another one.
  • vaderandbill
    vaderandbill Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    My wife has a Kia and I disagree with the perception that they wear out quickly. The older ones would wear down but the new ones are getting top grades in every area....and they back it with the warranty and give you a rental (no charge) if something does happen.
  • KellyKAG
    KellyKAG Posts: 418
    Options
    Have a kia forte. Love it. Went from a honda CRV that was in the shop once a month and bleeding me dry. I fell for the Honda name and was very dissapointed. At least I know if I have issues with this car in the future I have an amazing warranty.
  • Crystal0827
    Crystal0827 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    This information is very helpful.....Anyone from Maryland/Baltimore that can recommend a dealership? The one I am currently looking at is Jones Kia in Fallston.
  • janey1306
    janey1306 Posts: 83
    Options
    I have a kia rio, ive had it 18 months, bought second hand and is 52 reg, i think, but may be wrong, thats 10 years old. It had never failed an MOT when i got it, it passed again the first time I put it through and the second time, I needed a new tyre, windscreen wipers, a couple of other little things that i cant rememer now. Kias are now sold with a 7 year parts and labour guarantee, so the one you are looking at will still be under that guarantee. My car has never let me down, and when its time to buy a new one, it will definitely be another kia
  • carolann_22
    carolann_22 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    This information is very helpful.....Anyone from Maryland/Baltimore that can recommend a dealership? The one I am currently looking at is Jones Kia in Fallston.

We really like Buchanan Kia in Westminster, but that may be out of the way for you - we bought both our Kias from there.
  • Crystal0827
    Options
    I'm sorry, I could never bring myself to purchase a car who's company name stands for Killed In Action....

:noway:

I am sorry....I have never heard of this before? How did you find this out?
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, I could never bring myself to purchase a car who's company name stands for Killed In Action....

:noway:

I am sorry....I have never heard of this before? How did you find this out?

:huh: it's a military acronym that's been around for years MIA = missing in action, KIA = killed in action

You lie! You know you just made it up. :wink:
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    When I was car shopping recently, all the reviews for the new Optimas were really good. It's a very highly rated, affordable family car. Plus they look really nice! I saw a brand new one on my way to work today and I really liked the aesthetic.

I recently bought a new Mazda 3, though, less expensive and very highly rated as well, just fit into my budget better.
  • Crystal0827
    Options
    Yes I am trying to get the "most bang for my buck" as I am sure everyone who is car shopping is. I have time to make a purchase so I will keep looking around. I will check into the Mazada's also. I don't know much about cars....lol.
  • notthefatmomma
    Options
    I have had my kia mini van for about 3 years and love it. Great in snow, comfortable ride. We had one clitch with a sensor, they came and picked up the car and fixed it. Great warranty. I would def. go Kia again.