Looking for Motivation

Options
Hi,

I've been using MFP since January 2012, I've only been using it to keep track of my diet, however I'm having a bit of a motivational issue at the moment and was hoping that some of you could give me some pointers on keeping on my diet. I'd also really appreciate making some new friends on the site as most of the people that I know (in my daily life) don't use this site and luckily for them don't need to.

Cheers,
Mandy

Replies

• grumpy_lynn
    grumpy_lynn Posts: 14
    Options
    motivation - I too am looking for some!! remember how great you feel when eating good food versus junk food. You can do this, baby steps. One day, one meal, one hour at a time!! remember why you are doing this - if you have a "BIG WHY" then keep that close to your heart and know it will take time... patience, time and hard work. But being women, we are no stranger to those things!! You can do it! I will add you as a friend and we can be supportive of each other!
  • mtraver88
    mtraver88 Posts: 78
    Options
    Hey ladies! Motivation is probably one of the most difficult things when it comes to making positive lifestyle changes. You can totally do it though. It's not easy, but you are reaching out for help and that already is a huge step. :) Keep up the good work and remember how good it feels when those pants fit or that 1 pound is lost. You both are doing fantastic! Feel free to friend me if you'd like and I'll do all I can to help. :)
  • amsaunders0313
    Options
    I've been on since April and I've loved the support even when I've had bumps in the road to weight loss! I also love giving support too! Feel free to add me and we can do this together!
  • NikkiSmo
    NikkiSmo Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I too need support ever now and again and reading all the positive and encouraging things people say on MFP usually gets me going (and they are not usualy even directed to me). I read several of the post on here everyday its very comforting to know others have the same struggles and up's and down's as I do. As many people have said on here the pounds didnt come on over night so they aren't going to come off overnight either. You have to accept that this is not a diet but a lifestyle change. I know for me sometimes its the little things that help keep me going like when my son wakes in the middle of the night and I have to walk down the stairs to him my feet and knees don't hurt and buckle anymore. Maybe it's the weight loss or maybe just the exercise either way its a good feeling! So find your small success and enjoy them. Sometimes it isn't what the scale says that makes the success. Keep it up you are all doing great!
  • mandymccoll
    mandymccoll Posts: 13
    Options
    I've got to say the thing that I really like about MFP is the support that you get from everyone on here. Thanks to for the words of encouragement, definitely happy to help motivate anyone who needs a little helping hand, it really is easier to see the small wins for someone else than yourself sometimes.
    :happy: