hydroxycut?good idea or no way??girls only!

Options

Replies

• gtwin
    gtwin Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I tried these while in the Marine Corps....some fellow Marines were taking them at the time for more energy when we PT'd twice a day. We didn't use it for weight loss, but simply just for energy....and they definitely worked. But that was when they had ephedra in them....they don't use that anymore in the new hydroxycut. I never had any bad experiences with it like some others have mentioned. Worked great for me! But like I said, I didn't need it for weight loss....
  • jcr85
    jcr85 Posts: 229
    Options
    Haha detoxing from hydroxycut for four days when they have a half life of like 4 hours. Unless you were abusing them and went into adrenal failure, were massively out of shape or had a preexisting heart condition I find that hard to believe.

Its only a supplement if your nutrition and exercise program are in check then you want to see how it works for you then do it. People like to mock thermogenics on this website I assume because they don't understand how to use them effectively or believe it will do all the work for them.
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    Why is this a 'girls only' topic?
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    the problem with diet pills (trust me, i've tried many) is that even if they do end up helping you lose some weight, there comes a time when you have to stop taking them and then the weight creeps back up. Learning portion control and starting an exercise regimen is best. Through diet and exercise I lost 30 pounds and was able to maintain that loss for the last 5 months. Now I'm getting back into the swing of things and am motivated work hard to continue losing. I have tried hydroxycut in the past and don't remember losing any weight with it. I lost weight with yellowjackets (which are banned now), but like I said, the weight creeped back up once I stopped taking them. hope this helps

^^^ This.

If you take a stimulant to raise your metabolism to lose weight, you will have the health risks associated with the stimulant. Eventually, you will have to stop taking the stimulant and your metabolism will go back down, and you will gain the weight right back.

If you take an appetite suppressant to lose weight, you will starve your body and lower your metabolism, and once you stop taking it you will eat more and with a lower metabolism you will gain the weight right back.

If you take a combination stimulant/appetite suppressant to lose weight, when you stop taking it, you're pretty much screwed. Your metabolism, having been supported by the stimulant, will crash at the same time your appetite, having been suppressed for so long, will increase. It's not uncommon to have a rapid weight GAIN to well above pre-magic-pill levels.

The only reliable and sustainable way to lose weight is to learn about food, control what you eat so you are eating proper fuel which will keep you from being so hungry all the time AND fuel your body so your metabolism remains healthy and you can be active to burn more calories.

It also happens to be without health risk, and very affordable. It just takes time, patience, and perseverance.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    All I got was heart palpitations.

I didn't even get that.
  • Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    I tried these while in the Marine Corps....some fellow Marines were taking them at the time for more energy when we PT'd twice a day. We didn't use it for weight loss, but simply just for energy....and they definitely worked. But that was when they had ephedra in them....they don't use that anymore in the new hydroxycut. I never had any bad experiences with it like some others have mentioned. Worked great for me! But like I said, I didn't need it for weight loss....

same here. I buy them cheap with coupons and sales but use then for energy. it helps. Its just a glorified caffine pill, since i dont have caffine often, it works for me on days im awake and alert for more than 12 hours.

for weightloss, its very meh, you have to make sure you drink a lot of water with them too.
  • diddyh
    diddyh Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I wanted to kno if any oe out there tried hydroxycut and had any positive results?.or if its not even worth tryin..would apprciate any opinion

I would say supplements like that are way too dangereous. Eat less, eat healthier, move more. It's a lot of work and determination but if you lose it this way, it's more likely to stay off.
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Idk why everyone wants to try an easy way out!! Just eat good food and exercise and drink lots of water.
  • _hi_hat3r_
    _hi_hat3r_ Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Idk why everyone wants to try an easy way out!! Just eat good food and exercise and drink lots of water.

That water BS is a myth.
  • madamepsychosis
    madamepsychosis Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Did a pill make you put on all the weight you want to lose? Probably not. So why would you depend on one to help you lose it all? Any weight you do lose with diet pills creeps back up the minute you stop taking them and the side effects hardly seem worth it. Sure, it's a longer, more arduous process to eat healthier and exercise more, but plenty of people on here have lost (and kept off) weight doing just that. It's a marathon, not a sprint.
  • deniseg31
    deniseg31 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    BAD IDEA...my brother used that for a while and even though he lost the weight he ended up gaining it back AND to top it off the palpitations and headaches have long persisted even after he stopped taking that stuff.

I say do it the natural way...nutrition and exercise...calories in - calories OUT. :)

Best of luck to you...
  • va_va_voom
    va_va_voom Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I tried Hydroxycut a few years ago at my husband's recommendation (not because he thought I needed to take them, but b/c he had known some people who had good results from it). I hated them and stopped taking them shortly after I started them b/c I didn't feel like myself at all. He and I ended up agreeing that the pills probably had little to do with the results his friends had and more to do with the clean eating and exercising they were doing. ;)

Why not try a Vitamin B complex supplement instead?
  • dlpnrn2b
    dlpnrn2b Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    absolutely do not need anything other then determination, exercise, good nutrition and lots of water. You CAN do this without supplements you just have to want it bad enough!! and the other thing I can not stress is give it time...
  • xPOOKiEx
    xPOOKiEx Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I got kidney failure....

I'm doing fine now, but I definitely don't recommend it!
  • shbretired
    shbretired Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I was told by women that they gained 10 lbs.

One man told me it was messing with his heart, dr said stop now! He's mid 30's.
  • KelliH729
    KelliH729 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Why is this a 'girls only' topic?

My guess is because the unisex diet pills will effect men and women differently. My husband can take two or three of a unisex diet pill and be just fine whereas I take 1 and my heart goes nuts.
  • widetobride
    widetobride Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Haha detoxing from hydroxycut for four days when they have a half life of like 4 hours. Unless you were abusing them and went into adrenal failure, were massively out of shape or had a preexisting heart condition I find that hard to believe.

Its only a supplement if your nutrition and exercise program are in check then you want to see how it works for you then do it. People like to mock thermogenics on this website I assume because they don't understand how to use them effectively or believe it will do all the work for them.

The half life of something is not the length of time you withdraw for. People can withdraw from alcohol for a week, and from caffeine for 5 days.
  • duplicitous
    duplicitous Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I have bveen taking them for two weeks and absolutely no effects positive or negative. They do not work.
  • Donners185
    Donners185 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I tried diet pills years ago! They just made my heart race and gave me papitations. Couldn't even sleep whilst i was taking them. I Wouldn't advise it.
  • crudolph76
    crudolph76 Posts: 5
    Options
    hydroxycut, Xenadrine, or anything you can buy at a CVS or Walgreens is virtually useless. When these were first introduced, they had ephedrine and caffeine as their active ingredients, and that is why they worked. The FDA saw that people were killing themselves to get the results of that stack, taking way too much then what was safe. EC works with drug-like results similar to Clenbuterol. If taken properly, it's safe...but not everyone does like they should.

I personally use EC stack to aid in fat loss and help with energy while on a caloric deficit. Do NOT waste your time on store-bought nonsense.