28g protein chocolate pancake in an avocado

CoderGal
CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
I hate pancakes but love these. Made this this morning. Puts some good fats in with the protein <3

Mixed 1 egg with half a scoop of kazien naturals chocolate protein powder sweetened with stevia
Heat 1 tsp of cold pressed coconut oil in pan on low
Cut out some avacado rings, peal skin off
Lay avacado rings in pan
Poor protein pancake mix in holes
Simmer for a few minutes and flip! I find it doesnt stick with the coconut oil at all and is very easy to flip
Smear crunchy peanut butter over the top, let melt and enjoy!

Replies

• NewMeTomG
    NewMeTomG Posts: 59 Member
    Now that would be completely different. Can't even imagine but might have to try it just because...
  • tigerdactyl
    tigerdactyl Posts: 112 Member
    Looks awesome, I've been trying to get more avocados into the diet. I made an avocado/banana pudding yesterday and found an awesome raw chocolate frosting recipe that's avocado based. Plus I just throw it on any sandwich I can. I'll give these pancakes a try, the protein is a big plus!
  • ericarae33
    ericarae33 Posts: 211 Member
    How much avacado? This sounds good
  • CoderGal
    Looks awesome, I've been trying to get more avocados into the diet. I made an avocado/banana pudding yesterday and found an awesome raw chocolate frosting recipe that's avocado based. Plus I just throw it on any sandwich I can. I'll give these pancakes a try, the protein is a big plus!

Me too. I refuse to spend a million dollars on one so I go to price club, get 5, and have to guzzle them down lol. You should send me a pm with that avocado banana recipe! I'm in the same boat. It seems a lot of people eat them with salt and pepper. Since I went to Australia (where I had my first Avocado) I've been using it like butter on toast. I like the protein pancake thing though for macro nutrient balance lol. My bfs guacamole isn't bad either.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,344 Member
    I'll bump this!
  • OccupyFitness
    OccupyFitness Posts: 147
    This just sounds so weird!

Maybe the combination of chocolate and avocado is what sounds different.

I am curious and will have to try it.
  • kbeach08
    kbeach08 Posts: 184 Member
    bump
  • jonski1968
    jonski1968 Posts: 4,498 Member
    Try this Advocado recipe from Kymmu...

Chocolate Avocado Pudding
    2 ripe avocados
    2 tsp. real vanilla extract
    ½ cup cocoa powder
    ½ cup maple syrup
    ¾ cup milk (coconut, almond, raw dairy... your preference)

1. Slice avocado in half, remove the pit, scoop out the fruit, and throw it in the blender with the other ingredients.
    2. Blend until smooth. You may need to stop a couple of times and scrape down the sides. Add a bit more milk if necessary.

Variation Suggestions: add ½ - 1 tsp. (depending on your preference) of cinnamon, cayenne, or peanut butter. You could also substitute half of the vanilla extract with almond extract.

But..don`t eat it all...This is 4 servings..And also don`t lick the blender blades.. :bigsmile: like i did...
  • Skeels
    Skeels Posts: 929 Member
    I do not know if avocados will taste good in my Pancakes.......
  • Jugie12
    Jugie12 Posts: 282 Member
    bump!
  • jonski1968
    jonski1968 Posts: 4,498 Member
    Just tried these...They get the Jonski seal of approval..

Thanks for the recipe
  • bjwbmw
    bjwbmw Posts: 55
    bump
  • Ravenesque_
    Ravenesque_ Posts: 257 Member
    avocados are really expensive here... :(
  • Jessicaruby
    Jessicaruby Posts: 881 Member
    bump i love avacado and this sound unique must give it a try :) thanks
  • Try this Advocado recipe from Kymmu...

Chocolate Avocado Pudding
    2 ripe avocados
    2 tsp. real vanilla extract
    ½ cup cocoa powder
    ½ cup maple syrup
    ¾ cup milk (coconut, almond, raw dairy... your preference)

1. Slice avocado in half, remove the pit, scoop out the fruit, and throw it in the blender with the other ingredients.
    2. Blend until smooth. You may need to stop a couple of times and scrape down the sides. Add a bit more milk if necessary.

Variation Suggestions: add ½ - 1 tsp. (depending on your preference) of cinnamon, cayenne, or peanut butter. You could also substitute half of the vanilla extract with almond extract.

But..don`t eat it all...This is 4 servings..And also don`t lick the blender blades.. :bigsmile: like i did...

M'mm.....sounds delish!
  • Picola1984
    Picola1984 Posts: 1,133
    I make avocado and chocolate cookies so can totally understand the yummyness of this recipe
  • dandur
    dandur Posts: 267 Member
    Bumpity because avocados = awesome.
  • CoderGal
    How much avacado? This sounds good
    1!
  • CoderGal
    Just tried these...They get the Jonski seal of approval..

Thanks for the recipe
    lol thanks!