how would you all count this??

Options
So I am taking my 1yr old grandson yo Sea World for his birthday tomorrow. That will be a LOT of walking, pushing him in a stroller, up hills. How would you guys count that? Obviously I won't be walking fast, but mostly slow, although also mostly constant moving with some standing in lines and occasional random sitting. We plan to be there from 9 am until at least 5 or 6.

Replies

• DDahl5570
    DDahl5570 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I would post it as a slow walk maybe 2.0, and I would post it for less time then you are actually going to be there. I do this for one main reason. If you are wrong about the strenuousness of the work, you gave your self a buffer, and as an added benefit if you were right, and you apply this same principle in the opposite direction for your food log, you will have higher than normal results at the end of the week. Good luck!
  • stella_julia
    Options
    Do you have a smartphone? Download the app Cardio Trainer and turn it on. It will register how far you walk, and speed. I live by this app. It gives you a calorie reading and is just amazing.
  • htmlgirl
    htmlgirl Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    When I do trips like this where I'm continuously walking and not wearing my HRM, I take the time I was doing it and divide it in half and then I set the pace to like 2 mph or whatever. This is the same type of day where I would eat stuff that I can't accurately track (restaurants here don't have nutritional facts anywhere), but it seems to even out.
  • rchambers2072
    rchambers2072 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Do you have a smartphone? Download the app Cardio Trainer and turn it on. It will register how far you walk, and speed. I live by this app. It gives you a calorie reading and is just amazing.

I have a windows phone. Will have to see if that app is available.
  • Gt3ch
    Gt3ch Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Try Runtastic. Like that app. Have it on the iPhone but you can get it for Windows Phone 7. Will calculate calories, average speed, distance, and map where you went.

Personally I don't log long walks or running around after my 3yo nephew. I only would if I thought the exertion would make me ravenous later in the day. Then I'd take others advice and be conservative how you log it. It's very easy to over estimate your exertion and end up over-eating.