Losing clothing sizes....

Options
The only problem with the more modest clothing that I wear.... all that elastic, drawstrings, etc means that despite having lost 25 pounds, I haven't gone down a size in my wardrobe!

Have you lost dress sizes or pants sizes? How fast did it go for you? How many pounds per size? What's your ideal size?

Replies

• ragekage21
    ragekage21 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    For me, it's usually 15 lbs a size. I was on the cusp between 22/20 and am now a 20. Hoping to get into the teens by June but we'll see :)
  • cmbrysonussery
    cmbrysonussery Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I was tight in my 16's. 30 lbs down I'm in a 14...I can zip a
    12 but barely and it's not flattering.

Ideally I'll be a 6-8 or so. Hopefully it will be more like 15 lbs per size.
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Went from 190-155. Started at a 16, now a 6/8. So 35 pounds, 4-5 size difference. I never wore elastic anything.
  • angie_sample
    angie_sample Posts: 190
    Options
    for me i started at a size 24 and they were tight it took me a good 30 pounds before i got into a size 22, it was quite discouraging. Now im in a size 16 and they are getting pretty lose, it seems it takes about 12-15 pounds to get to the next size smaller. But it really depends on how ur built.
  • katejkelley
    katejkelley Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    I recommend you shop for a pair of pants - no elastic or drawstring - in the next lower size. That's your next goal - to wear those pants and have them fit comfortably. No more elastic and drawstrings!
  • killingtheantagonist
    killingtheantagonist Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I was at a tight 20 when I was in my 260s.
    Now I'm in the 230s and those are way too big now and I'm back into my 18s.
    Hoping to be in at least 16s if not 14s by Christmas.
    Just gotta take it one step at a time.
  • dolldreams
    dolldreams Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I only wear elastic to work out in. I started out weighing 243 and wearing a size 20. I'm at 189 now and wear a loose 16. I could fit my hips, butt and thighs in a 14 but my waist is still a couple of inches too big.

It sucks being stuck between sizes!
  • sweetybird09
    sweetybird09 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I understand about the elastic waistband clothes, they are not a good marker of how clothes fit, since the elastic is just getting not as stretched, I started at a size 18 and I am now in a 16, I have lost almost 9 lbs, but as others have said it really depends on you and your body we are all different.

Try on some smaller clothes like a pair of jeans and see how they fit.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I also seem to drop a size ever 15-20 pounds. I started out in a size 18-not-quite-20 and now I'm down to a loose size 10 (depending on the brand/style obviously). I started out as an XXL on top in the baggy/elastic/t-shirt style stuff and now I'm just about into a medium, if that helps at all.
  • rebecca_d35
    rebecca_d35 Posts: 131
    Options
    I've only lost about 10 pounds, but I went from 8s being tight to size 6 being loose. I think it's because I lost it mostly through exercise. I'm more muscled and my measurements went down significantly without all that much weight lost. Also, no elastic waists, except for in my running clothes. They just fit a lot better.
  • kala_rebecca
    Options
    I started at a size 16-18 (weighing 225 lbs) and I had to lose around 40 lbs to get down to a size 14. Once I reached a size 12 (around 160-170 lbs) the sizes just flew off every 10-15 lbs or so. Now I wear a size 6 at 142 lbs. When I was bigger, the sizes were more forgiving as my weight fluctuated.
  • llkilgore
    llkilgore Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    The first 25 pounds or so took me from size 14 to size 12 pants, barely, because the lost fat came mostly from above my waist. I wasn't able to wear smaller tops before that point either. They needed to be large enough to fit around my hips and cover my butt. I dropped sizes fairly rapidly after the fat began coming off my lower torso, though, dropping from size 12 to size 4 by the time I reached goal. I lost a total of 58 pounds.
  • carhicks
    carhicks Posts: 1,924 Member
    Options
    I started at 283 and was wearing size 26. Pretty much everything was elastic waist. I have lost 80 pounds and am wearing anything from 16/18 to 20. The 20s are pretty big and I have to cinch the pants with a belt, but the 16s are just a little too tight and do not want to buy in between. I guess that means just under 20 pounds per size. I agree with others that you need to buy yourself some pants with a waistband. My girlfriends tease me because even though my pants stay on with the belt, they say I look like I have a "package". My ideal size would be 14. I will be happy with that and think I will be able to comfortable maintain that weight (160 - 165). Good luck.