snack tips

Options
anyone have any good snack tips? what should i be eating and ho many carbs and stuff should they have please help me thanks

Replies

• fatdesigner
    Options
    Strawberries, grapes, almonds, baby carrots :)
  • angiered
    angiered Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    How many calories do you have per day? I try to split my day (roughly) into quarters. 300 cal per meal, and 300 for snacks for the day.

If you're going to have something with lots of natural sugars (like fruit) it's a good idea to have some protien with it too. Apple slices with Natural peanut butter. Or a banana with some string cheese. A small salad with some nuts in it. etc etc etc.

You're welcome to look at what I have in my food journal, but be warned...I'm boring. :laugh: I tend to eat the same things over and over.
  • sara1786
    sara1786 Posts: 101
    Options
    anyone have any good snack tips? what should i be eating and ho many carbs and stuff should they have please help me thanks

i really like an apple with 1 TSP of peanut butter. it's pretty filling and only has about 160 calories.
  • atcgrrb8
    Options
    Strawberries, grapes, almonds, baby carrots :)

My thoughts exactly. Just have to go easy on the almonds from a calorie perspective (and the strawberries from a digestive perspective).
  • mtcountrygal
    Options
    I am in love with light skim string cheese!!!!! Pair it with some Whole Wheat crackers and you have your proteins and your carbs. I'm hate to admit I'm horrible with fruit, but you could add an apple or a banana to the mix! Try making your own trail mix with fruit and nuts as well. Also, this time of the year, apples are abundant, bake in the oven with cinnamon (lowers blood sugar) and a little bit of stevia. Takes like apple pie without the guilt!