Bananas....good or bad? What's your take?

Options

Replies

• JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    I have 1 or 2 every day. They are great for after a workout to help you recover. That why you will always find bananas as a snack after any race.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    They are good. I went from eating them to not eating them, worried about the calories and sugars, etc and back to eating them. The good far outweighs the bad. Sometimes I only eat half, sometimes I pick the smallest from the bunch and eat the whole thing. I figure 1 won't kill me. Now if I sat and ate 10 banana's a day, that would not be good.
  • TanyaCurtis
    TanyaCurtis Posts: 630
    Options
    Natural sugar is good for u! U can eat lots of it, it's not the same as regular sugar!
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    I have a banana almost every day and as for the calories, it depends on alot of things - just pick the closest thing to what you are eating and go with it. My large banans I usually log for about 120 calories and the smaller ones between 85-95. Bananas are good for you and I love them!!!
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Bananas good...and delicious! Nothing like a peanut butter and banana sandwich with alfalfa sprouts an whole wheat bread. Yummmm.
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    Bananas are proof that the exercise gods love us and want us to recover from a good sweaty workout.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    They say bananas can kill you.

You see that ad over there?
    >
  • xXmimiXx
    xXmimiXx Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I'm bananas about bananas!

Google the nutritional goodness of them! :smile:
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    potassium helps us play and bananas are so easily portable. Definately good.

This. I was put in the hospital cause my potassium was so low, now I have a small banana every day!! :)
  • africaa
    africaa Posts: 228
    Options
    I loveeeeeeee bananas ...I could care less about how much sugar is in them, probably because I'm always below my sugar limit. & since everyone is saying that it's natural sugar makes me love bananas even more lol
  • MoreThanMommie
    MoreThanMommie Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Love them! Have at least one almost everyday!
  • McMeggers
    McMeggers Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    there has been a TON of negative press regarding fruit banannas being one of the target fruits on that attack, heres my take on it if its a fruit or a veggie i eat it, no guilt at all i think its insane that people think that fruit has to much sugar or whatever its natural sugar! youre not dumping bags of processed white sugar down your throat. i love banannas i eat one almost every moring so if you like it eat it
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Bananas, so wonderful, so many uses.......

I generally just eat mine...
  • Bakerchk
    Bakerchk Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I didn't read every single comment. But Bananas are a great source of Potassium, which helps to prevent cramping in your muscles. When I played volleyball in high school, all the girls would eat a banana before practice. I'm not a big fan because I personally don't like the consistancy. But they are good for you. Also yes there is sugar, but as others have mentioned they are natural sugars. When I add my calories for the day and subtract my natural sugars from the total sugars because there is a difference.
  • moochachip
    moochachip Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Key note = not all sugar is bad.
  • xXmimiXx
    xXmimiXx Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Bananas good...and delicious! Nothing like a peanut butter and banana sandwich with alfalfa sprouts an whole wheat bread. Yummmm.

Yum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :laugh:
  • lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    are good for you:noway: but i would not eat over two
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    <
    I love bananas.
  • jaseym6
    jaseym6 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    if your going take in sugar..then i guess get it all natural....and yes potassium is always good after/before 5+mile run....
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    sure bananas have higher sugar, but it's natural sugar.
    Personally I love them, expecially with dark chocolate yummmm

i love dark chocolate bananas! :wink: