Need a Weight Loss Buddy

Options

Replies

• nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    I like the meal suggestions. One of my biggest issues is eating while at work. I get bored here. At home I'm always busy and probly don't eat enough. So, if I can keep filling ideas on hand then I should be ok.

I've cut out pop and don't even want it anymore. I drink a lot of iced tea and water. We will get vitamin waters at home and they are nice for a change, but I usually just do iced tea and water.

My goal is to lose another 15 pounds by the end of the year - at least.

I exercise at night, after the kiddos go to bed. I need to do this at least 3 times a week - if not closer to 5. I've been doing fairly well with the exercise, but my food is my downfall right now.
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Let's check in every Monday...share at least one good recipe or idea a week

3 to 5 cardios

2 to 3 strength

anybody else have ideas???
  • ticky
    ticky Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Count me in too! Sounds like a great plan. Good luck everyone!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    What a great response from everyone...those of you who would like to send me a buddy request, that would be great...I tried to send a bunch; but, it became very time consuming.

I am super dedicated to this...I have many short and long term goals.

As a nurse, I see the outcome of poor nutrition and obesity

Thanks all

Kim
  • ianconway
    ianconway Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    What can our group be named? We need something that will stick out in the forum!
  • wb5eey
    wb5eey Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I would like to join, makes it two guys now.
    I like the Monday check in, makes you accountable for the weekend (my biggest challenge), and I'm going to do my one/week weigh in on Monday morning, too.
    Sorry this is my first post here or anywhere (except on Facebook) so not sure if I'm doing this right.
    I have pre-diabetes, 290 lbs with way too much belly fat :laugh:, need to lose 60-70 pounds, doc says...
    the 2-3 times per week strength and 3-5 times cardio sounds good. Some days, may just be 30 mins walking, but that should count for cardio, eh? Thanks for starting this...

A name? I don't know about sticking out in the forum, but how about Visualize This!!!
  • ianconway
    ianconway Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I like Visualize This! Alright guys, let's start this week out right!
  • nehtaeh
    Options
    Is there another thread started already with that name? Can we post a link when it is started, if it isn't already?

I like the 3-5 days cardio. I am not sure that I'll do the strength at this time, but I will add it in as I get closer to my mini-goal weight.
  • leshawnturner
    Options
    Wow!!! I'm excited about this group, especially the monday weigh ins (have to account for the weekends)!!!

I like the name "Visualize this..." I think that's wonderful.

Cardio 3 to 5 times a week and strength 2 to 3 times is good. Remember your cardio needs to be at least 30 to 45 mins for weight loss (at least that's what I was always told :laugh: ). Just as a side note to those who are not doing strength training you might want to consider it because muscle burns more calories for a longer amount of time. Start slow and give it a try!!!!
  • nehtaeh
    Options
    Wow!!! I'm excited about this group, especially the monday weigh ins (have to account for the weekends)!!!

I like the name "Visualize this..." I think that's wonderful.

Cardio 3 to 5 times a week and strength 2 to 3 times is good. Remember your cardio needs to be at least 30 to 45 mins for weight loss (at least that's what I was always told :laugh: ). Just as a side note to those who are not doing strength training you might want to consider it because muscle burns more calories for a longer amount of time. Start slow and give it a try!!!!

I did do some strength training the last few months. I don't want to overdo it on that though. I am way more toned because of it, but its covered in fat in spots. I'd like to concentrate more on the fat burning right now. I will get back to the strength, but if I can only do one thing, it will be cardio right now.
  • outdoormom09
    Options
    Do we have a name yet? How does that work? I am new to this. How do we find the group that is created to check in?:embarassed: I'm a little slow.. lol. Did elliptical for 25 min. Stayed under my calories... still no loss. Will be doing better with the weekly weigh-in's. That way I don't torture myself every morning. My clothes are feeling looser though. Having trouble drinking all the water... why is that so hard?:drinker:
  • whitepuredove
    Options
    ok evryone....whats the group name? And where is it? I am up for logging once a week .... Everyday is to much. Already do that on my blog.

Ok Cardio 3-5 times
    Strength training about 3
    and recipes...

Awesome. Feel free to visit my blog too. :wink: Look forward to when we start this group.
  • outdoormom09
    Options
    ok... I had a craving for something sweet last night. I had a slice ~ one serving of angel food cake with strawberry's rubbed with splenda and 2 tbs of whip cream from the can. It was Yummy and I think it was about 170 calories. Got me through the night.

Today worked on legs in the gym

squats - 95 # weight (including bar) 3 sets 15

Lunges - 1 sets of 15 each leg forward, 1 set each leg backward and 1 set 15 back and forward

Calf raises sitting - 35 # each side. 2 sets of 15 1 set of 12

Step up with 10 # weight each hand. 12 " step. 18 , 15, 12 each leg (OUCH!)

Incline set ups - 3 sets of 20 (Ouch... Ouch.....)

These are the excersises our anytime fitness owner gave me to do once a week. I have two other workouts for arms. Share them later

I am doing weights 3 days a week and Cardio 2-3 days a week. Elliptical 25 min

Still not loosing yet... doing good on calories I think. I'm really really tired though:yawn:
  • nisijam5
    Options
    I would like to join, makes it two guys now.
    I like the Monday check in, makes you accountable for the weekend (my biggest challenge), and I'm going to do my one/week weigh in on Monday morning, too.
    Sorry this is my first post here or anywhere (except on Facebook) so not sure if I'm doing this right.

A name? I don't know about sticking out in the forum, but how about Visualize This!!!

I like Visualize This...let's all check in on Monday...I guess start a new thread...who has the most experience here and can keep things rolling...let's set a goal of one month
  • nehtaeh
    Options
    If you start a new thread, just copy the address and post a link on this thread. I suppose I can do it if you like.
  • nehtaeh
    Options
    If you start a new thread, just copy the address and post a link on this thread. I suppose I can do it if you like.

Here it is:happy: :
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/67954-visualize-this
  • nisijam5
    Options
    That would be great...that's why I went into nursing...computers I try to stay away from...can you let me know when you do that, so I am not left behind

How's everyone doing? I have been holding steady. I did 3 bouts of exercise yesterday so I could enjoy some pizza with my family. It allowed me to stay within my daily allowance. It was delicious. I am feeling the soreness today.

I have to go to the grocery store today and reload on the fruits and veggies. I find that eating healthy is time consuming. Last time I went, I made a conscious decision not to buy any more chips. I buy them for the kids to munch on during the weekend. Guess who's hand is in the bag...yep, it's mine.

I would like to pose a question for the week:

What food do you miss the most and how do you compensate?

I love hot wings

To compensate, I fill a La Torilla Soft Wrap made with Olive Oil (very good and 12 grams of fiber) with 1 cup roasted chicken, 1 to 2 cups lettuce, 1 roma tomato, 1/4 cup low-fat cheese and 1/2 T of buffalo wing sauce and 1/2 T of Ranch.

That's 2 servings of veggies and lots of fiber with my delicious hot-wing flavor

Have a great day!! Keep moving!!
  • sharimarie
    sharimarie Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Is it too late to jump in with you all?

I am a mom of 4, I work full time and go to school full time. I am almost done with my bachelor's degree, last night of class is December 10th! YIPPEE! Then early next year I will be going into the masters program.

I started mfp May 2008 and lost 8 lbs. Not sure why I stopped, but since then have gained 20 :(

I tried in the last month to do the eating something small every few hours to help boost my metabolism....yeah did not work I gained 10 lbs. Went to the doctor and she said to go back to eating my breakfast / lunch / dinner. I usually don't snack.

I have been doing the Wii EA Sports fitness 4 - 5 times per week and throwing the gym in here and there for the treadmill.

I just feel lost and want to loose weight before May 1, 2010 for my graduation!
  • amym1
    amym1 Posts: 13
    Options
    Hi,

I'd like to join too. This is my first week on the site so I'm still getting used to everything. Like the Monday weigh ins too.

This first few days has been rough. It's hard to get into a habit of eating right and exercising and I'm still trying to figure out what works for me. Had to deal with an office birthday party and a junk-food craving husband, but think I did okay.

Now need to work on finding more time to exercise.

Thanks,

Amy
  • LindaMee
    Options
    I'd like support because I can't seem to lose a pound. I am now exercizing 5 to 6 days a week. where before I didnt exercize at all. I have replaced two meals a day with protein whey powder. I eat or drink (whey) five times a day and it is almost always healthy. for a regular meal, I will have skinless chicken breast, salad (with no dressing) made of mainly baby spinich, cucumbers and chicken as a typical dinner. I have either green tea, or decaf coffee (black). I never have sugared drinks. I either drink water or crystal light. I may treat myself to a 25 cal hot choc with a couple of tabespoons of fat free whipped cream. Maybe I'll have a 100 cal wheat english mufffin and sugar free polaner jam. I eat fiber one cereal and 1% milk or kelloggs weighjt reduction cereals for breakfast. I also at least four times a week so the 3 mile walk found on exercise TV. AND YET, I have not lost a pound in three weeks. I am not overeating or undreating. I am exercizing. I eat virtually no fast food or processed foods. I homemake just about everything we eat from wheat breads to soups. We have no junk food in our house. We make fresh fruit smoothies for dessert on occasion. ND YET, I am not losing any weight.

I am 159 pounds and 47 years old. I am 5'8 inches tall. My ideal weight has always been around 135-140. This extra 20 pounds is tiring and bulgy. I want it off and can't seem to get it off.

Please help with suggestions. I am frustrated and lately I walk into the YMCA wondering what's the point. I don't want to give up but it is getting hard to stay motivated.