New and in Need of Pals!

Options
Hello. My name is Michele. I am 35 and a mother of a one year. He'll be two this summer. I am on a mission to really lose some weight the healthy way and hopefully keep the weight off long-term. I am a nurse practitioner and you'd think I wouldn't have allowed myself to get so out of shape! I have a very supportive husband. I failed weight watchers, but I'm hoping this is the trick!:smile:

I'd love to find some pals that can offer some support. I know I have a competitive side, so I'd love to so some weekly challenges.

Replies

• megward0524
    megward0524 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi. I have a little girl who just turned 2. I'd like to do weekly challenges as well. I think it would help me kick it into gear.
  • rcloyd5
    rcloyd5 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I am 37 and have been carrying extra weight for the past ten years. I have three boys...9, 8, and 4. I also failed weight watchers! :) I am trying to keep motivated and could definitely use some support as well.
  • SaraEllie80
    SaraEllie80 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Weekly challenges sound like fun! And I too am a WW drop-out. With my journey so far-- I am realizing that I too am a bit competitive! I really have been drawing that inspiration with my current MFP friends-- maybe from you too! Frend request on the way.
  • kristenjeanfit
    kristenjeanfit Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Another WW drop out here, ha.
    Would love to join in on some challenges!
  • PudgyPostol
    PudgyPostol Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Sounds great! I'm not sure what kind of challenges you all are interested in. I know a huge challenge for me will be drinking all that darn water!

Some challenges I've thought of:

1) Minimum number of calories burned in a week
    2) Minimum cardio minutes a week
  • beccajune
    beccajune Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm also new! Anyone feel free to add me! I love the idea of weekly challenges, so count me in! Obtaining weight loss goals is so much easier with support. I look forward to the months to come with everyone and seeing everyone's progress! And remember, everyone makes mistakes. So just because we have a bad day or even bad week, it's no reason to stop our weight loss goals!