How many different sizes of clothes do you own?

DirtyStacks
DirtyStacks Posts: 179 Member
In the last 15 years, I have accumulated a significant amount of clothing. As my waistline grew, i've been forced to buy larger and larger clothes. I own sizes that span from 52" waist (my largest) down to at least a 36 waist. That is 9 different pants sizes! I have been looking forward to fitting into some of those clothes of yesteryear! I feel like it is an awesome gauge of my progress in the right direction, versus the previously ever expanding waistline. This weekend was rather hot, so I went searching for some smaller shorts buried in the bottom of my chest of drawers.

I hope I can describe the combination of mixed feelings that I encountered during thIs exercise. I found I was giddy with anticipation, tempered with trepidation of being disappointed that I still wouldn't fit in a smaller size. As I tried on pair after pair, I found I was delighted to discover not only can I fit in smaller pairs of shorts, but I have skipped down 4 waist sizes and can even squeeze in the 5th! The quantity of shorts which landed in the "TOO BIG" pile exceeded the quantity that landed in the "TOO SMALL" pile. That is an exhilarating Feeling!

I am looking forward to gathering all of those clothes and giving them away. Although I think I will keep a few of the largest ones to gauge my continuing weight loss!

Replies

• PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Not quite as much now... a few years ago, I gave away all of my super skinny clothes because I was determined to love me at a size 6 or a size 14.

But there was a point where I had:

size 6
    size 8
    size 9/10
    Size 12
    Size 14
    Size 15/16 ( ran small )

L maternity
    XL maternity...
  • Keeshaja
    Keeshaja Posts: 198 Member
    I have five differnt sizes from from size 20, 22, 24, 26, and 28 I am now back in size 24 and I keep telling my self to get rid of the size 26 and 28 pants that I have but I just havent yet ...but I will today because there is no looking back ! Thanks for reminding me by asking this question. :wink:
  • tcm118
    tcm118 Posts: 54
    I got rid of my 18, 16, and 14 clothes. I currently have 12's (which I'm wearing) and 10's. I'm still wearing both my XL and L tops, but the XL is just too loose. I've decided not to hold on to all the big clothes. I don't expect to EVER need them again. :happy:
  • wendygutie
    wendygutie Posts: 156 Member
    26, 24, 22, 20, 18, 16(currently in this size), 14 (hand me downs from my sister :)..)
  • kryscallarman
    kryscallarman Posts: 114 Member
    18, 16 (my current size), 14
  • Sizes 12-2 (and everything in between!) Right now, I'm back around 4-6. Getting back to size 2 has been an expensive goal :)
  • FeelingFroggy13
    FeelingFroggy13 Posts: 66 Member
    Size 22, 20, 18. 16, 14, 12, 10! I have also been enjoying the change in my lifestyle as well as the change in my habits. I am such a packrat, a slob, a collector. As I drop down in sizes, I have been getting rid of all of this unhealthy clutter in my life. Not only going through the clothes I can no longer wear, but also getting rid of any that are unflattering at my current size.

A word to the wise...please please please save one or two pair of your very largest clothes. I gave away all of my jeans and I now desperately wish I had a pair of my largest for days when I am feeling down. I know that slipping them on and seeing how much I have lost would perk me back up. Buying a pair in the same size just isn't the same, since every manufacturer makes clothes differently.
  • fabafter5
    fabafter5 Posts: 200 Member
  • jzrharv
    jzrharv Posts: 126 Member
    I've got one pair of my 44 Tactile 511s, 4 pair of 42s, 4 pair 40s, am now into my Nordsport 38s and they are getting looser, have hauled out the 36s (Nordsport and Brittania) that are somewhat snug (not tight) right now and have the 34s still in the storage box. I'll be sending off most of my large clothes, but will keep the 44 around, as a reminder. Not sure exactly where I want to end up, around size 32 I guess. Back in the day when I was size 30, coworkers said I kind of looked sickly, not exactly what I'm striving for...

Shirts, on the other hand, I'll keep around. I've always had a broad chest, so I had to buy large anyway, but now the gullet isn't stretching the lower part of the shirt out (see photo).
  • SlimSammy2012
    SlimSammy2012 Posts: 893
    <~~Extra Large to XXL.....
  • LenaMena87
    LenaMena87 Posts: 469 Member
    Sizes 14-7!!!!!!!! I need to get rid of the clothes they look retarded on me...I still wear the big shirts to the gym because im too lazy to go shopping. I will get around to it one of these days...
  • cawitkow1
    cawitkow1 Posts: 2 Member
    2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 14!
    UGH! Thank God I have a huge closet! I need to get back down to the 2/4 range. That's what most of them are.
  • denisembari
    denisembari Posts: 11
    4, 6, 8, 10, 14, 16 (not sure how I skipped over 12). Want to get back into my favorite size 6 levis!!!
  • tehzephyrsong
    tehzephyrsong Posts: 435 Member
    Tops: Medium to 2X. I don't know if I still have any of the 2X tops, though; they might be in a bag someplace in the back of my closet.

Bottoms: 14-22.

I don't know how many of you folks are also on Reddit, but there is now a clothing-exchange subreddit specifically for people who have lost weight and now have a bunch of old clothes they need to get rid of:

http://www.reddit.com/r/weightlossclothes
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,923 Member
    16's, 14's, 12's, 10's, 8's, and presently 6's. Now, I got rid of most of my largest clothes, just kept the newest things, things I couldn't replace, etc. I seriously think I could clothes a whole army of different sized tall women!
  • tdeaux
    tdeaux Posts: 36 Member
    I donated all of my "big" clothes so that I would keep myself in check.
  • margeb102
    margeb102 Posts: 18
    currently 12 and 10 pants. large and medium tops. always have worn larger top than bottom gave away all the big ones. largest top worn was 2x and bottom 20. not going back!!!!!!
  • mommy2AR
    mommy2AR Posts: 2,796 Member
    5/6 7/8 9/10
  • garita93
    garita93 Posts: 267 Member
    From the smallest before I got married, size 10 to the largest before I started working out at a size 20, in a 16 now, trying to get to that one dress I have left that is a size 10 and keep going down from there.
  • jayne_mel
    jayne_mel Posts: 173 Member
    I have pants/shorts/skirts that range from 00-4, with me being a 0 and almost 00

tops I have from a child L to a ladies M that fits small. i'm generally an xs
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!