enlighten me-how to stay full during master cleanse.

Options
2»

Replies

• FitLink
    FitLink Posts: 1,317 Member
    Options
    Im actually going to start this fast in two weeks time, and no, you don't eat anything. You're allowed to drink herbal teas mixed with maple syrup, water, and should drink about 6-8 glasses of the lemonade daily. You will gain all your weight back and ruin the detoxification purpose if you go back to your bad eating habits. It is for the long run, it is astart to a healthier lifestyle.

The "detoxification purpose?" What is that? Your body detoxes itself quite nicely, and you can eat whatever you want while it does so. There is nothing at all healthy about living on herbal tea, lemon juice, maple syrup, and cayenne pepper. Nothing.
  • mandihdz
    mandihdz Posts: 19
    Options
    I say to each his own! Good luck with your diet! :)
  • FitLink
    Options
    I dont know if this was said already but you can have as much water and peppermint tea as you want!! Just mke sure you make enough of the cleanse that your never hungry but to switch it up have lots of water and peppermint tea too... Make sure you get the book.. its not just "here drink this for 8 days" theres alot more to it...

All the water and peppermint tea I want?!? Really!?! Such bounty!

OP-- Really! Take the advice given over and over. Eat a good, lowered calorie, healthy diet and exercise. Really. Long term, you'll be glad you did. There is no such thing as a cleanse.
  • FitLink
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with doing a cleanse a few times a year.

There's nothing particularly good about it either.
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if anyone has asked this already...but why do you want to do this?
  • Austin1988
    Austin1988 Posts: 243 Member
    Options

friend 1) Did Modified MC for 12 days lost 25 lbs, then took a 60 day break and kept a 1200 calorie a day diet w/ 1/2 body wt water, and fiber lost 5 lbs in that 60 days, Did a round 2 of Modified MC for 10 days and lost 15 pounds. She has kept this weight off for 8 months now, and eats 1500 calories a day and workouts 1 hour 4 days week cardio/weight training

friend 2) just did 15 days of Modified MC and dropped 18 lbs and kept it off for 6 months. She also transitioned to a pescatarian after cleanse. She was ridding her body of meat..

And you truly feel like this is safe and healthy weight loss?
  • meg7399
    meg7399 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I know a bunch of you out there have done it-did you eat anything at all to keep you going?
    Almonds? Avocados? Fruit? Psyillium husk? C'mon I want to do this and do it WELL

That's so funny, I forgot to laugh
    Clearly making fun of the matter is the opposite of the supportive lifestyle some of us have grown to appreciate with MFP. Other people were at least giving helpful advice. She had a serious question, whether you believe in it or not, perhaps don't be so quick to judge. I always see you post ridiculous and hurtful comments on these forums...how are you not kicked off yet??
  • lehorrible
    lehorrible Posts: 4
    Options
    I have read a few threads on here with people asking about The Master Cleanse, and these people are crucified immediately. There will ALWAYS be people with someone negative to say about someone's lifestyle choices. And no, you do NOT always gain the weight back and it is not only water weight. My friend used The Master Cleanse to transition to vegan ism and has not gained her weight back. Who said they were living off of maple syrup and a lemonade drink? Ten days hardly equates to a whole lifetime.

If I want to fast then I will fast. A LOT of people fast, whether it to be for weight loss, detoxifying or spirituality. Fasting is not only about your body, food affects your mindset and your spirit. Some of you people who were once over-weight or obese must feel the need to crucify others and rudely question their motives, because you all of sudden think you're the know all on any subject dealing with our bodies. You're not. You were once trapped in a body you were unhappy with. The fact that some of you go on to say drinking a lemonade diet is stupid, but then suggest someone live off of fruits and vegetables is humorous. Sooo, our organs detoxify themselves properly enough, and waste does not accumulate over the years? Yes, our organs do detoxify our bodies, but there are foods you can eat/drink that also have detoxifying abilities.

If you don't like the Master Cleanse then don't do it, leave the questions to people who are supportive and not sarcastically making fun of those who want to learn. (: I'm positive if I knew any of you holier than thou people I could pin point a handful of things you're doing to yourself that is seriously questionable.

And for anyone picking a part my post, I meant it is NOT for the long run, but for astart to a new lifestyle.

It teaches you discipline, actually. Resisting cravings and hunger, you can more easily choose what to eat and how to eat. For a lot of people on MFP, it is not just a goal of weight loss. Their could be eating disorders and unhealthy relationships with foods they are trying to break. If an obese person can lose weight by doing it "the right way" then a "healthy" person with a habit they deem "unhealthy" can find a way to ween off of a lifestyle. Chill out with the judgement. Don't like it? Don't do it.
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options
    Im actually going to start this fast in two weeks time, and no, you don't eat anything. You're allowed to drink herbal teas mixed with maple syrup, water, and should drink about 6-8 glasses of the lemonade daily. You will gain all your weight back and ruin the detoxification purpose if you go back to your bad eating habits. It is for the long run, it is astart to a healthier lifestyle.

Oh boy, sounds delish! :noway:

Seriously, losing weight is so much easier than this. I lost 66 pounds, got leaner than I've EVER been, and ate dessert every damn day.
  • lehorrible
    lehorrible Posts: 4
    Options
    @KatieJane83 That is awesome that you've lost 66 lbs. For some, fasting is not for weight loss. Weight loss is just an added bonus. People say Ohh Boy, Delishh when they find out someone is a raw vegan, or choose to eat food from the garbage can because they don't believe in wasting food. To each their own. Your new weight loss doesn't give you the ability to throw sarcastic remarks at those who haven't had the same experiences as you. I loveeee herbal teas, so yes, it is DELISH. (:
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    How I stay full on a master cleanse:

1) Let someone else do the cleanse
    2) Eat my normal meals

It is a foolproof strategy!
  • reneeot
    reneeot Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    The sarcasm is in full swing on this thread. There are more respectful members who can make their point without being condescending. I hope u find your answer.
  • jillian769
    jillian769 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    The sarcasm is in full swing on this thread. There are more respectful members who can make their point without being condescending. I hope u find your answer.

I agree. I think it is because people are afraid of what they don't know. Did they read the Master Cleanse book and all the science and reasoning behind it??? Probably not. Also it takes a TON of willpower and determination to stay on a 7-10 day cleanse, and most people are not willing to try it. Actually most people fail it. I did it and I was very proud of myself. I also felt great on it. It was hard, but it was worth it. There are a lot of know-it-alls on MFP. :mad:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    Best way to stay full on a master cleanse........................................................................eat and don't do it. Understand that fads like this make money off people who WANT TO BELIEVE that it actually does something the body already does on it's on.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer/Group Fitness Instructor
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    your body already cleanses itself and you can still eat while this happens. it's a cool system.
  • jackieatx
    jackieatx Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Papaya contains papain, which helps clear bad parasites from your gut. The seeds are particularly good for this. Juice for a couple days. What your body needs is nutrients, depriving it of this will lead nowhere good! Stay positive!
  • Lindsay_1984
    Lindsay_1984 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    If you drink the lemonade mixture, at least 7-8 glasses a day, you will feel full and should not experience any hunger pains. Be sure to drink plenty of water in between drinking the lemonade. If you want something else to drink I recommend Peppermint Herbal Tea because it is good for the stomach.

Good luck!