Looking for LOW CARB eaters

Options
dnsrmr
dnsrmr Posts: 99 Member
Hi everyone. A few days ago I posted the message below and many replied and also sent an ADD FRIEND.
Well, for the life of me I accidently pressed the wrong button and deleted your request as a FRIEND and want to apologize.
I'd like to ask if you can add me as a friend again please. Here is what I wrote the other day:

Hi, I'm looking for Low Carb eaters who will Friend me so we can work on weight loss together.
I have a stomach (or maybe it's all in my head) that gets sick everytime I eat foods high in carbs.
Even if I eat healthy low glycemic foods, it's the same.
I've been checked for everything under the sun, and the only way I lose weight and feel good is by staying on low carb foods like the Atkins Induction.
Please friend me with LOW CARB EATER so I'll know or reply to this.
Thx in advance and good luck with your goals.

:flowerforyou: ~Dee

Replies

• kathyc609
    kathyc609 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    i am a low carb eater -- i will send u a request : )
  • poshmonkey
    poshmonkey Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I've already requested you/been accepted, but I wanted to add to anyone else interested - I'm also low carb if anyone would like to add me :)
  • vegansassy
    vegansassy Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have been low carbing for a while, and I am pretty much the same way with high carb foods. I get head aches, feel pretty yucky with higher carb foods. But I have found if I eat a little bit of OWL type foods( like once a week) it helps me get used to them. But then I back off for a while again. I think it is best to add like a 1/4 or 1/2 serving, instead of a full serving too. Our bodies get used to certain foods i guess. Only add one type of food in case it just is a food intolerance as well. I found I cannot eat gluten pretty much at all, when I started atkins. So the low carb mixes and low carb tortillas are off limits for me. Maybe you have an underlying food intolerance? But if you feel better lower carb and you are still losing weight, then keep doing it. Just make sure you are getting your fiber and eating enough veggies....they are vital to this way of eating. I found increasing my carbs a bit kick started my weightloss a bit when I was stalled. But some people find being really strict on induction ( sometimes 10 net carbs a day) is better for them. It really is individual....our bodies are all unique. Exercise seems to be something a lot of low carbers avoid doing for a while. I have a friend who just started exercising and she's been low carbing almost a year! I go in spurts with my exercise. I get really focused on it then I fall off the exercise wagon for a few weeks. It is difficult for me to be constant. But I find I lose way better when I am exercising. Even if it is only walking on a treadmill everyday. I have exercised off and on since day 1. It was torture at first, I felt like I was going to die! I was so out of shape. I couldn't do a light jog for more than 30 seconds. But now, I can do a constant jog on a treadmill for 50 minutes. It takes time to work up to that. Before atkins I had never been able to run a mile, EVER! Even when I was a teen. I figured I just was not a runner. I wasn't obese or any thing too at the time. I hated green vegetables befor atkins, and eating salad was really hard for me. Now no problem, but it didn't happen over night, either. But losing almost 80 lbs sure has shown me this is the best way of eating for me. I have tried a lot of different diets. This is the only way of eating that controlls my hunger, and keeps me calm. Too much carbs shoots my anxiety through the roof! Good Luck on your journey! And don't let people tell you that it doesn't work, or it is bad for you. It is your journey, not theirs.