intolerance to too many foods!

Options
skiski
skiski Posts: 173 Member
hey all...(am like an complusive poster today!)

I am highly intolerant to pasta, potato, diary products & sweetners (all types) and some colourings...
ingestion= very unwell.

anywho my problem is what else can I have? I am struggling for food ideas.

I am vegetarian and mainly eat things like chopped tomaotes with various veggies with quorn or rice.

but it is getting boring...unsurprisingly!!! In regard to desserts I am totally stuck, in the uk we have skinny cow icream lollies which are nice but often I fancy something a little bit more indulgent!

help!!!

Replies

• skiski
    Options
    hey all...(am like an complusive poster today!)

I am highly intolerant to pasta, potato, diary products & sweetners (all types) and some colourings...
    ingestion= very unwell.

anywho my problem is what else can I have? I am struggling for food ideas.

I am vegetarian and mainly eat things like chopped tomaotes with various veggies with quorn or rice.

but it is getting boring...unsurprisingly!!! In regard to desserts I am totally stuck, in the uk we have skinny cow icream lollies which are nice but often I fancy something a little bit more indulgent!

help!!!
  • lilmandy89
    lilmandy89 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Check out this link

http://www.fitnessandfreebies.com/paleo/index.html

All these are Paleolithic recipes which are grain-free, bean-free, potato-free, dairy-free, and sugar-free.
  • skiski
    Options
    ohhh thanks will have a look now x

:flowerforyou:
  • beckyinNM
    Options
    I can't eat glutamates (people usually know it as MSG, but aren't aware that it goes by about 30 other names and is in practically every processed food out there) so I feel your pain!

As far as pasta goes, maybe try quinoa? It's an ancient grain that kind of reminds me of couscous, but I like it even better and it's got more protein.

I don't like milk, so I go for rice milk. Soy milk is bad news for me, because of the carageenan that is almost always added (nasty stuff...it's also used in airplane de-icer. If you've got digestive problems, I'd totally avoid it). I love rice milk blended with frozen chunks of papaya, mango, or bing cherries.

With sweeteners, have you tried Stevia? It's extracted from the leaf of a plant that has been known for thousands of years (I think the Incas in South America discovered it?). It's SUPER sweet and a little tough to get used to at first, but I wonder if it would bother you. It's totally safe for diabetics not artificial in any way. Comes in liquid or powder.

Good luck!
  • kellbell
    kellbell Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Have you tried any of the Kashi cookies? My family and I love them.
    The cookies have 3 grams of fiber and are very satisfying. I always save 130 calories in the evening for my big treat.....not too exciting, but hey, it gets me through :wink:
  • skiski
    Options
    kashi...I have no idea what they are?x
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    I am not sure if you have ever had the opportunity to try Kamut cakes. Very similiar to rice cakes and the ones I get are sweetened with agave nectar.

Here is a site I recently found it is terrific.

http://www.cookingallergyfree.com/recipes
  • skiski
    Options
    hi eve thank you I will have a look and maybe ago at them! i love plain rice cakes!

thanks again:flowerforyou:
  • kellbell
    kellbell Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Not sure you have this brand in the UK?
    Go to www.kashi.com.
  • honeybee71
    Options
    I am allergic to soy and am lactose intolerant. Soy is hard to avoid, but lactose is easy. There are a lot of products out there that help with that and many places are starting to understand soy allergies as well.

I had a problem with my pancreas a while back that made me intolerant to starches. You may want to get it checked out.