Woman that are 5'9 or around this

Options
2»

Replies

• jayne_mel
    jayne_mel Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10 and a bit. I wear 00 generally and am 115. I'm just inclined to see where my body settles at, but I don't want to lose.
  • RachFace1000
    RachFace1000 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 floating around 155 and 150 currently. I wear a size 9 jeans. problem areas for me would be hips and obliques. my goal is 135 OR fit into a size 6/7 (which i've done before so I know it's not an unreachable or unhealthy goal for me.) I'm pear shaped haha
  • rachaellynn91
    Options
    I find it interesting where our measurements differ sometimes my starting waist in inches was 36 and now I'm at 33.5 and my starting hips were 38 and now I'm at 36 but I am a size 10-12 jeans not size 8. I also made it a point to add in my butt to my tracking because I want to measure what I lose back there too lol I started that at a 44 and now I'm down an inch there too.
  • UrbanRunner81
    UrbanRunner81 Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I am 5'10" starting weight was 180, i am now 138. I am small framed.

My stomach/hip area didn't start to decrease until after I got to my goal. That is when I started lifting heavy.
    I was a size 14 and now I am ready to for a size 6. My size 8 pants are too big on me now.
    I am really just working reducing my body fat right now. I am getting smaller but not really losing weight anymore. I think this fall I am going to gain some weight to add some muscle on.
  • kristenlees122
    Options
    hello :) i'm 5'9, highest was 180ish lbs. i'm about 145 now, trying to get to 125, which is where i was a couple months ago and looked and felt fab.
  • MystiqueASAP
    MystiqueASAP Posts: 747
    Options
    5'10 and current size 8; goal size 6 - 8. I am committed to strengthening up my body and staying healthy. I'm not necessarily concerned with the scale while building muscle; I'm more concerned with how my clothes fit and body measurements.
  • crudd123
    crudd123 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" currently 219. I'd like to get to 180. I'm wearing a 16 women's jean and a 14/16 top!
  • vmclach
    vmclach Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9"
    I weigh 135ish at the moment. I cannot seem to lose more than this. I am a distance runner, running 45+ miles per week. I would like to lose more, but it's not really possible!

I started at 160ish. I wear a 0 or 2 in womens. 3 in juniors

it's hard to maintain anything under 140 in my opinion.
  • taxacctdfw
    taxacctdfw Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I am 5 feet 10 1/2 inches. I have dropped 5 sizes since Jan 2012. I don't mention my weight or my sizes because it is a private matter for me. But I am encouraged with all the posts because my goal weight is within range of what some of you are saying. I am eating 1440 calories a day and working out 4-6 times a week. I try my best not to eat back the calories I burn. If I do I only eat back 1/2 of them.
  • Emv79
    Emv79 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I find it interesting where our measurements differ sometimes my starting waist in inches was 36 and now I'm at 33.5 and my starting hips were 38 and now I'm at 36 but I am a size 10-12 jeans not size 8. I also made it a point to add in my butt to my tracking because I want to measure what I lose back there too lol I started that at a 44 and now I'm down an inch there too.

True. Although it's easier to relate to someone close to our height to get an "idea" of targets and sizes, genetics plays a huge role. I have the frame of a linebacker: big bones, wide shoulders (not very blest on the chest size though), very narrow hips and a very small butt. I don't think at the same weight I'd be wearing the same size pants if I was had an hourglass figure.
  • Jenniriggins
    Jenniriggins Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I must be shaped weird because I'm a hair under 5'9" and weigh 134. I'm in a size 8 jeans...I don't think my hips could EVER fit in anything smaller!
  • angelpie36426
    angelpie36426 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    my doctor said a good guideline is 100lbs for the first 5 feet and then 5lbs for every inch after that. For example I am 5'8', so I should be about 140.
  • Emv79
    Emv79 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I must be shaped weird because I'm a hair under 5'9" and weigh 134. I'm in a size 8 jeans...I don't think my hips could EVER fit in anything smaller!

You make a good point. When it comes to jeans, cut will make a huge difference in size. As an example, I can't tell you what size I'd be in a skinny jean because I have never managed to get any past mid thigh (shape of a linebacker and legs of a swimmer...I think my parents were drunk during conception!lol).
  • emgawne
    emgawne Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Hey there!
    I am 5'9, i started at 175 lbs and am now at 157 lbs. I am currently at 19.1% body fat and wear a size 8-10 jeans.
    my problem areas are definitely both my love handles and my thighs. Here are pictures of my progress:
    First pic is from 175-157
    7160217758_d629a22d0b.jpg
    2010-2012 (2) by emgawne, on Flickr

Second pic is both at 157, just a change over 2 months in inches/body fat.
    7108156495_d9e24a4880.jpg
    Back by emgawne, on Flickr
  • vlynnvale
    vlynnvale Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I'm a little over 5'9". My heaviest was 200 lbs. and I was wearing a very tight size 14. A few years ago whenever I was weighing in at around 140-145, I could wear a size 4. (Goal Weight)

Right now I weigh 167 lbs and I'm in a tight size 10, loose 12.
  • jhgreer
    jhgreer Posts: 145
    Options
    Height - 5'8 1/2 (I'm adding the 1/2 because I've always been 5'9" and I guess I've shrunk in the last couple of years!)
    SW - 234
    CW - 206
    GW - 160ish

I've been 140 (in college) and looked very unhealthy - collar bones and ribs poking out. 160 with muscle seems like a good goal - we'll see once I get there. I was around 180 when I got married almost 9 years ago and have steadily gained since then to 234 (actually around 260 with my 2nd pregnancy just over a year ago but that came off quickly).

Started MFP and cardio 2-3 days a week in January. Lots of stress in the last month or so with my baby having major surgery but he's OK now and I'm ready to get back on track. Finished the first 30 days of P90X before the surgery and now I'm trying to work in 4-5 days of a mix of P90X and 30DS.

My problem areas are butt, thighs, and belly - never had a problem with belly before until kids.

Started in a TIGHT size 18 and currently in a 16 for the most part. I did buy a pair of 14 work pants yesterday but I feel like it's cheating that they came from Lane Bryant! :) Would love to be in a size 12...even at my smallest I was never less than a 10.
  • keena17
    Options
    I am 5'9.5" and 189lb very early 20's. My heaviest was 210. In higschool I floated between 140's and 160's. I was a decent weight in my opinion for my height but kids called me fat still.

Now that I am older I realize that I have a different body type than most girls my age who are my height. I realize that its all about fat distribution, and not about size or weight so i should not be comparing myself to other girls because their fat enhances certain areas of their body, while my fat enhances other areas of my body.

I gained the freshman 15+30 in college puting me at 210. After my freshman year I came back home and got really sick. I had about a month long hospital stay. After I left the hospital I weighed in at 196. I started doing regular exercise like walking, biking, and crunches. I changed my diet cut out sodas and candy only ate salads and veggy meats and a lot of rice and potatoes. Got down to 170 so fast that I didn't even realize it. I felt happy and confident and I looked good. I started dating a whole bunch of guys because i Felt powerful. They were just falling over me left and right. I quit working out because I thought that I was super woman...

Well I went back up to 210. That was 2 years ago. I started this plan on bodybuilding.com but it was hard to follow the meals because I am a vegetarian going vegan. I lost 13 lb. Now I float between 190's and 1'80s. I feel so lazy because I know what it takes to be happy again but I keep doubting myself and telling myself that I can't do it. I want to be 170 again. After than I plan to gradually get down to a weight that I want to stay at, which is 140. I feel this weight would be perfect for me because I have very long legs and I dont want to look too thin. I want to keep my fat in the right places.