Anyone vegetarian?

Options

Replies

• VegKellyRN
    VegKellyRN Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Proud vegetarian here! I'd love some friends to add here so we can inspire each other and get meal ideas, too. :D
  • dellrio
    dellrio Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Pescitarian for 5.5 years now, but mostly vegetarian - rarely eat seafood, only at restaurants that really do not have a vegetarian option.

I make most meals from scratch at home - can find many ideas online or if there is something that you like just think what you can substitute. Example - I love tacos, I make tofu tacos (they are amazing), portabella tacos, black bean tacos, and re-fried bean tacos. You may find that using veggie products in the place of meat in many meals will enhance and add to the flavor.

You should get your husband to try it with you for 1 month if you can, I tried it for 1 month, and my body never felt healthier. I rarely get sick, and when I do - i recover faster than most people. All of the natural foods really do help your body work the way it should.
  • sarahfournier50
    sarahfournier50 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I went pescetarian 1 1/2 months ago! I found it very easy though my knowledge of vegetarian recipes was small at the time its been growing and i've tried more new food the past month than I ever have. And I feel great! Theres no turning back for me. I will eventually go vegetarian but for now i'm keeping fish.

Everyone, feel free to add me. My food diary is also public.
  • msgremmy
    msgremmy Posts: 88
    Options
    I'm long-time vegan. Feel free to add me :)
  • jennadelane
    jennadelane Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Ovo-Lacto vegetarian for 14 years here! Would LOVE some more veg friends that are active and supportive. My diary is always open!
  • jenbenster
    jenbenster Posts: 16
    Options
    I'm a vegan who eats fish every so often if I feel like an omega or iodine boost, but no dairy or meat!

I know, labels eh?

Add meeeee! I do love excellent vegetarian food. Yummy.
  • WhitneyAnnabelle
    WhitneyAnnabelle Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    I'm vegan
  • Ravenesque_
    Ravenesque_ Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    25 years veggie and still going! :)

Any one is free to add me :)
  • CADreaming09
    CADreaming09 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I'm a pescatarian also.
  • Andwynn
    Andwynn Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Meeee. Went vegetarian on 13th Feb 1987, the day of my best friend's 13th birthday. Spent her birthday party picking the pastry off sausage rolls so I could eat something at her birthday party. :-)
    I now have a 6 + 8 year old mini-vegetarian at home, although their dad isn't.
    (And a firm believer that fish is /not/ a vegetable! Although I'm less fussy when it comes to vegetarian option wine or cheese, and I sometimes let the kids get away with sweets that contain gelatine)
  • Purplebfly333
    Purplebfly333 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I am vegetarian, striving to become vegan. I'm doing good because I only eat eggs or cheese 1 or 2 day out of the week.
  • Glucocorticoid
    Glucocorticoid Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    I'm vegetarian. Not because I love animals though ... I just really hate plants.
  • lrnpage
    lrnpage Posts: 27
    Options
    i'm a vegetarian :) feel free to add me!
    (ignore my currently dietry habits though, they're not the healthiest since i'm just trying to eat up all my freezer food before i move house - usually i'm a lot healthier than i am reacently!)
  • Geyser_Mountain_Dreamer
    Geyser_Mountain_Dreamer Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    It would be cool to make some cool vegetarian/vegan friends. Shoot me a message/friend request.
  • rachelelizabeth88
    rachelelizabeth88 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm a vegetarian :) feel free to add me... but I don't eat fish lol
  • Cheryl4726
    Cheryl4726 Posts: 17
    Options
    Hi, you can add me if you want :smile:

Been vegetarian for about 10 years now, my partner isn't, though since we have been together he eats vegetarian with me at weekends, during the week we eat our own things.

Since I joined MFP, he's started to think about what he's eating and quantities as he's been helping me watch calories, he's even managed to lose a bit of weight himself, guess I'm rubbing off on him, don't think he'll go veggie though, but I don't mind, being veggie is my choice.

Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • Tink_889
    Tink_889 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Hey,

I see you have a lot of replies already but just wanted to say howdy and that I am vegetarian as well.

Hope you find MFP helpful, I certainly do.

Lottie x
  • spiderbaby80
    spiderbaby80 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm vegetarian as well and have been for 10 years.

I could use some friends on here so feel free to add me, everyone :D
  • jenslife82
    jenslife82 Posts: 229
    Options
    I'm vegetarian. Not because I love animals though ... I just really hate plants.
    LMFAO!!!! That's perfect!! :)
  • FitPet
    FitPet Posts: 9
    Options
    I've been a pescetarian half of my life with a few years of full vegetarianism in between. In addition to health benefits, I choose this diet for environmental and ethical reasons (I know fish isn't good for the environment! I'll cut the seafood once I've lost a few pounds, now I just need the easy protein).
    I love cooking and experimenting with my food. I'm learning to see food as fuel for my new healthier lifestyle full of yoga and running. Feel free to add me as a friend - I'd love some friends here on MFP to feel more accountable and to provide mutual support :happy: