May-June 30DS challenge. Join here!

Options

Replies

• 27wolverine
    27wolverine Posts: 13
    Options
    never heard of 30ds but sounds interesting... I will start Insanity tomorrow and join in. I have been yo yo loss gain but good news is, I am on the loss swing right now! I'll join for as long as I can.. May have to have surgery on both heels. Get rid of golfball sized bone spurs and tighten up my achilles tendons. oh well.. No more excuses! just keep moving!
  • Alcoria
    Alcoria Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    hey all i got my pics up under my profile if anyone wants to check it out (and no im not pregnant :P my pics are the result of having 3 kids in 5 years) never got to lose the weight between them. Good Luck everyone!!!!
  • kdenny5
    kdenny5 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Im in. Starting weight is 146.8. I will take measurements when the kids are napping
  • Titanuim
    Titanuim Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I'm didn Day 3, Level 1 this morning so I'm in.
    My weight pre 30DS was 70.5kg
    W - 93cm
    Hips - 104cm
    Bust - 104cm.

I did an hour of pilates this evening as well so am expected a new level of suffering when I wake up tomorrow.
  • xxnat24xx
    xxnat24xx Posts: 3
    Options
    id love to join. im on L1 D2

sw:148.9
    gw: 140

i have done the 30ds before, when my son was born last year and lost 16lb. got down to 10.3 stone, started working in a hospital then hello weight lol.
    need to learn how to maintain the weight
    xx
  • Stephyshoes
    Stephyshoes Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I've been contemplating doing this for a while, and seeing an MFP friend's recent progress pics was the last little push I needed! Looking forward to starting tomorrow morning and sharing pictures and progress. :)

Height: 5'6''
    Current Weight: 130 lb
    BF%: 26
    Neck: 12 in
    Bust: 35 in
    Waist: 27 in
    Hips: 40 in
    Thighs: (R) 21 in (L) 20.5 in
    Arms: (R) 10.5 in (L) 10.5 in

Other Activities: Strength Training, Wii Fit, Walking, Tennis, Hiking, Disc Golf
  • tmacmoto
    tmacmoto Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Im going to start tomorrow :) [May 21st, 2012]

Anyone know how many calories one burns while doing this workout?

It's all based upon what you put in. I suggest getting a good Heart Rate Monitor that will track your calories burnt based upon your height and weight. Most average numbers seen on the 30 DS including the warmup and cooldown (27 min) is about 200-250, but the more effort you put in...the more you can lose...I average 300-350 per session.
    Hope that helps.
  • Brittni__duh
    Brittni__duh Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    If anyone is waiting to receive their DVD in order to join in, Lionsgate has released a lot of workouts on YouTube. They posted Level 1 of 30 ds if you have an opportunity to work out near your computer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Pc-NizMgg8
  • Alcoria
    Alcoria Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    day 1 done :) i am so exaughsted :P
  • Zonera15
    Zonera15 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I just completed Day 3 and it was tough!! I think it was hardest day so far. Now I know why people are saying that Day 3 and 4 are the hardest! lol
  • Persephone2003
    Persephone2003 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    OH it hurts! :( Perhaps I was too motivated yesterday (day 1) Going to do it tonight again though. Not giving up that easily!
  • Zonera15
    Zonera15 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    OH it hurts! :( Perhaps I was too motivated yesterday (day 1) Going to do it tonight again though. Not giving up that easily!

I went to the gym prior to doing the shred and it helped with the pain! We can do this!! Just 28 more days for you and 27 for me!
  • bbadria
    bbadria Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I am on day 3 and hope to finish the entire 30 days. I will post my meadurements tomorrow morning.

Height: 5'5"
    CW: 152
    GW: 130

I also run everyday (30-60 minutes)

I used a heart monitor to calculate calories burned doing 30DS and it's vetween 220 to 260. Good luck to you all!
  • mav7871
    mav7871 Posts: 2
    Options
    I am in.

Weight 178
    Waist 42
    Hips 41

This is all I have right now. Will get some more tomorrow.
  • aliciar876
    aliciar876 Posts: 32
    Options
    Is ripped in 30 by Jillian the same thing as 30 day shred??
  • bbadria
    bbadria Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Ripped in 30 is a different DVD by Jillian Michaels.
  • dward2011
    dward2011 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I am in too! I started this today (my second attempt because I broke my foot on day 3 last time).

5'3"
    155lbs
    Waist 34"
    Hips 39"

I also hike, jog, cycle, strength train, and walk.
  • ler2665
    ler2665 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I started last week and am doing it in the evenings so tonight will be day 8. Days 1 & 2 my legs were sooooo sore I could barely sit/stand. Since day 4 I haven't been in pain. The cardio isn't a problem for me, but some of the strength moves I still can't do for the entire time! I want to hurry up and see what level 2 is about, as I've heard that is when you really start to see a difference. I know I can't move on until I can do those strength moves, though. I have a vacation coming up just a bit after the 30 days are up and will be in a bikini plenty so I'm hoping for some good results! :-) I am also walking every day and jogging a little at a time.

current stats (didn't measure on day 1 but I did take a "before" pic)
    144 lbs
    smallest part of waist 30.5" (I have really high hips)
    hips/butt 39"
  • adfabus
    adfabus Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Day 1 of 30 complete....That was HARD!!!!!! I don't know if I can do this. My legs and arms are shaking!
  • pinklily905
    pinklily905 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Ohhh I'm so in! Did 4 days last week...then haven't done it for the last three days. Definitely starting again tomorrow! Will post stats in the am!!

Also doing a learn to run 1 mile program 3-4 days a week, and walking.