What is a good thigh measurment?

Options
I feel like I have "thick" thighs. I am 5ft 4 and 120 pounds but still am not very happy with my thighs.

What are slender, sexy thighs? Thinking of a good goal..

Replies

• onequirkygirl
    onequirkygirl Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Bump....

Sorry.....erm, I hate bumps....but I am curious of the replies on this one.

My thighs are in proportion to me....they are also too big.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    In proportion to the rest of you.
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    BUMP!! (for laterz lolz)
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    Mine are 23.75...so definitely NOT that LOL. But seriously, I have no idea. Maybe 17"? It's hard to gauge reduction in circumference for comparison.
  • Elizabeth_M
    Elizabeth_M Posts: 562 Member
    Options

This.

You can't compare yourself to a random measurement. Keep at it until you get to where you like it!
  • domgirl85
    domgirl85 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    It's whatever looks and feels right to you. I have thick thighs but I love them. I wouldn't mind them being a little smaller as long as they're still thick and I can tone them up.
  • illuminatusObservor
    Options

This.

You can't compare yourself to a random measurement. Keep at it until you get to where you like it!

Makes sense. Was curious if there was a good range that people were comfortable at or preferred. Never hurts to ask heh :flowerforyou: Mine are 21 inches, but I was told by my dad the other day that i am much too stocky for shorter shorts, so it had me wondering
  • sarahkittymeow
    Options
    My thighs are 23 inches at the largest part, and I am 5'4" and "average" however I am trying to slim mine down a few inches as well. But, anyone who has previously posted that it's all based on what you look like individually is correct. Just aim to be as proportionate as you'd like to be! Try to tone up legs by doing thigh-specific resistance training exercises.
  • sarahkittymeow
    Options

This.

Makes sense. Was curious if there was a good range that people were comfortable at or preferred. Never hurts to ask heh :flowerforyou: Mine are 21 inches, but I was told by my dad the other day that i am much too stocky for shorter shorts, so it had me wondering

Yeah don't take fashion advice from your dad, he just doesn't want any boys hollerin' at that booty
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options

This.

I wonder if you are focused on the wrong thing? Maybe you should just wear different shorts?
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Mine are 21". I'm 5'4" 130.

I would like to lose about an inch on them so that they don't rub as much anymore when I run and such. My legs are straight muscle for the most part so I don't expect to lose much on them. I'd much rather have large thighs than a large stomach!!!
  • onequirkygirl
    onequirkygirl Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    It's nice to have them in proportion, from an observer's standpoint. But you might still be uncomfortable trudging those things around.
  • bcampbell54
    bcampbell54 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    This again...
  • illuminatusObservor
    Options

This.

I wonder if you are focused on the wrong thing? Maybe you should just wear different shorts?

Oh trust me I didn't buy the shorter shorts after that comment! I have been going more for cargo shorts and longer ones. I will never pull off the short shorts because of my thighs I think
  • illuminatusObservor
    Options
    This again...

What? O.o
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options

This.

Yeah don't take fashion advice from your dad, he just doesn't want any boys hollerin' at that booty

i was going to say this :laugh:
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    I checked out the thread referenced above and disagree based on MY THIGHS LOL. At 23.75", I fall into a normal range in that thread but my thighs, while muscular, are also coated in flabby fat. So, rather than concentrate on a measurement, concentrate on the look. Mine = not good LOL.
  • ahealthy4u
    ahealthy4u Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    My thigh is 19" at the thickest part and I am 5'5" there really isn't a right answer for this in my book I would say go for what is right for you and you feel comfertable as long as it is healthy.
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    Mine are 22" at 5'3.5" 141 lb. So a bit big, but I'm an hourglass, so thick thighs are part of the shape, and for that, I love them.

I wear short shorts and haven't heard any complaints yet.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!