Eggs, Glorius Eggs -- How do you dress them up?

Options

Replies

• cyclerjenn
    cyclerjenn Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    I love eggs. Here are just some of the things I do.

Eggs scrambled with spinach, mushrooms, garlic and hot sauce
    Egg salad with red pepper, spinach, pickles, and hot peppers - just a little mayo to hold it together
    Eggs on toast with a slice of swiss cheese
    Eggs with black beans, hot peppers severed over leftover baked potatoes
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I love my eggs scambled preferably with cheese. I do love scrambled eggs with ham too! yum! I also love fried eggs with the yolks broken. I love WARM egg salad (cannot eat it cold).
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Oh and eggs with salsa. Sounded kinda weird to me, but sooooo delicious!
  • kema1005
    kema1005 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I just recently got on a kick of eggs for breakfast ... I bought a new pan, one of those green pans (don't use spray oil on it though). One egg scrambled, put in the pan, add LOTS of chopped cilantro, some diced onions, sliced mushrooms, sliced mini bell peppers, fresh tomatoes and a small small small amount of shredded jalapeno jack cheese. Yum.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i heart eggs..

you can also do a egg bake/quiche type thing :
    4 whole eggs + 6 egg whites + 1 cup of chopped brocolli + 1/2 cup parm cheese +1/2 cup onion + 1 small bell pepper + half pound cooked ground turkey breast.

mix it all together and pour into a casserole dish and back for around 25 minutes. it's makes about 6 servings 197 cals/18 gram protein per serving
  • Brittmy
    Brittmy Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    The tiniest bit of butoni pesto sauce mixed in. MMMM. You can also add any veggies in with that, I like spinach or asparagus.
  • Embera
    Embera Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    i love dill in mine
  • K1Teacher
    K1Teacher Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Scrambled with spaghetti squash and fresh salsa & veggies....yummmm and oh so filling!
  • Ashekelle
    Ashekelle Posts: 13
    Options
    I love deviled eggs (I use 1 tsp of mayo and 2 tsp yellow mustard for two eggs, which keeps them relatively low in calories). I sprinkle curry powder on top instead of paprika. So good!
  • AlayshaJ
    AlayshaJ Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    I cook it with veggies like a pancake, put ketchup a little ketchup on top, and cut it like a pizza.

mmmm.
  • GreenEyedLady1
    Options
    i love dill in mine

i second this.

my fave is to add onion power and dill and scramble the eggs, and top with a little cheese. Yum!
  • Ashekelle
    Ashekelle Posts: 13
    Options
    @ AlayshaJ: Could you elaborate? It sounds really good!
  • HealthyAlison
    HealthyAlison Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    With glasses, mustaches and, of course, cute little hats. :smile:
  • rob_v
    rob_v Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    2 words....Salsa Verde!
  • kathygail86
    Options
    One of my favorite ways to eat eggs is one my husband taught me--migas. I fix them this way. For each egg to be prepared melt about 1 tsp of butter in a non-stick skillet over medium heat. As well, for each egg tear one corn (yellow corn is my favorite) tortilla into bite sized pieces. Add the tortilla bits to the melted butter and stir a minute or so until the tortilla bits are softened. Then add the eggs and continuously stir and toss the eggs and tortilla bits in the skillet. When the eggs are almost as cooked as you prefer (I like my soft set and not dry) add salsa to taste and stir to thoroughly mix. Continue to cook until the eggs are the desired texture. Add salt and pepper to taste. If you're a cheese lover, grate some Cheddar or American cheese over the finished dish. This is great with a side of refried beans or just home cooked pinto beans that have been mashed to help cut down on fat. Deee-lish!!
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Since I'm trying to keep my daily carbs at 75 or below, eggs are a great choice esp with any kinda cheese. Love them with roma tomato, fresh dill and swiss. But will eat them anyway you fix 'em.
  • mollydubs
    mollydubs Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I cook them sunny side up and put them in a bowl with cottage cheese, peanut butter and jelly, cinnamon, and ground flaxseed. Dream come true? Yes.
  • AimeeLynn90
    AimeeLynn90 Posts: 94
    Options
    I absolutely love eggs. Scrambled with salsa and some left over meat with some pepper jack cheese. yum.
  • anastasiawildflower
    anastasiawildflower Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    poached over a bed of grilled asparagus with goat cheese, lemon zest and some tarragon

Cute hats are always fun though too :)
  • AimeeLynn90
    AimeeLynn90 Posts: 94
    Options
    I cook them sunny side up and put them in a bowl with cottage cheese, peanut butter and jelly, cinnamon, and ground flaxseed. Dream come true? Yes.

All together? That sounds weird but at the same time, sounds delicious.