What is a good thigh measurment?

Options
13»

Replies

• chantels1
    chantels1 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    My thighs are the least of my concerns! I am 5'4, 125 lbs and have 22" thighs at the largest part. I haven't been working out until recently, so there is room for improvement, but I am more concerned about my upper arms as they seem really big, and my tummy bulge! Men love sexy and shapely legs. Small just doesn't seem to fit in with shapely thighs! I don't want toothpicks for legs! ;-)
  • mandypooh2103
    mandypooh2103 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    bump
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    It has to be the right proportion for you. Me, i'm 5'7", 150 pounds, and my thighs are 24in at the biggest point. My hips are wide set and my thighs barely touch at this size. i think anything smaller than 23" would look odd on me.
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    Do you have a hip reduction goal? Aim for half of that.

(e.g. I want to lose 2 inches from my hips so I am aiming to lose 1 inch from my thighs).

1 inch is a lot! Wrap the tape measure around your thigh an add one inch to your measuremt. It adds a lot more then you might think. In my experience, thigh measurements change a bit slower then hip measurements, so do not get discouraged!

Okay this may seem silly, but i cannot seem to get a consistent hip measurement! I tried looking at figures online, but I just cannot measure my own hips apparently :embarassed: I think 1 inch would make a big difference you are right :]

Measurements are only accurate if you measure in the EXACT same spot every time. I find it very difficult to do. My thigh is actually easiest because I place the tape measure on a certain part of my tattoo. Hips are much more difficult because you measure around the "widest" part, but as you lose weight, the widest part can and does change! So you may be measuring the maximum circumference, you're not necessarily getting an accurate picture of inches lose. I've noticed that my widest hip area has moved farther down my body.

I just posted a thread about hip measurements last week! Haha, yeah, my widest part moved down a lot too. It is difficult to gauge.

I

Now I have visible and LARGE saddle bags LOL. I swear, I never had that before. It actually looks so out of proportion! Ah well...shrinking pains I guess LOL.
  • hfzimmerman
    hfzimmerman Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Well.... I'm 5'3 very large and my thighs are 30 each that's bigger than some people's waists but if I get them toned up I'm fine with having large thighs I think its more how they look then actual size. If your thighs look sexy and strong ain't nothing wrong with that.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!