Really fat or still developing?? I can't tell.

Options
Hello :) Well, I'm turning 19 this year and weigh 58kg. Really want to go back to around 52~kg which I was about 2 years ago. I've been attributing the weight gain to me over-eating when I was studying for my exams. But my mom got me thinking that maybe my body is still developing?? I really don't know. I've been eating quite little already and I can't control what my mom puts on my plate everyday, only the amount. Any advice?

Replies

• meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    well you are still in puberty but you wont be growing taller, so any extra weight will still be extra weight at your height. in general it's a good idea to start developping good eating habits sooner rather than later
  • Ohbutiloveicecream
    Ohbutiloveicecream Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hello :) Well, I'm turning 19 this year and weigh 58kg. Really want to go back to around 52~kg which I was about 2 years ago. I've been attributing the weight gain to me over-eating when I was studying for my exams. But my mom got me thinking that maybe my body is still developing?? I really don't know. I've been eating quite little already and I can't control what my mom puts on my plate everyday, only the amount. Any advice?

Females are done growing taller by your age.
    Males can continue to grow taller until about age 25

Are you exercising or keeping active?
  • kyah2155
    kyah2155 Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm not particularly active but I've just started taking a jog in the morning since the holidays just started.