Any stay-at-home Moms out there?

Options
I'm 28 and I stay at home with my 3 and 1 year old kids. I love them, but they make it hard to work out! We are busy, busy, BUSY! I could really use some support and motivation to keep me going.

Replies

• tinana_RN
    tinana_RN Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    I work 2 days a week and am home with our kids (ages 2 and 4) the other 5 days :) They DO make it harder to work out, but I try to involve them to keep them occupied-- walking, Wii fit, Jillian Michaels DVDs-- they try to play along and usually lose interest-- lol
  • lyndall5311
    lyndall5311 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Im also a SAHM, to my 3 kids 6yo son, 4yo daughter and 2yo daughter. i also run a family day care business, so am also very busy.

Ive just sent you a friend request, thought we could motivate each other.

Cheers, Lyndall :smile:
  • Mamax8
    Mamax8 Posts: 1
    Options
    I am a stay at home mom of 8 but 4 are now grown and I have 4 more I'm home with now and it's exhausting ,people say well you don't really have a job ya right hardest job ever but I'm glad I've been here for my children
  • jules0516
    jules0516 Posts: 158
    Options
    You can add me if you want..I'm a SAHM- I have 2 kids and take care of 2 more..I also home school them..I've started making the older ones work out with me, but they still eat ALLL day long :grumble:
  • vsay215
    vsay215 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I belong to a gym that has babysitting. I used to take them with me. I was able to work out and they met friends.
  • mrscapamerica
    Options
    I'm also a stay at home mom right now. It is definitely hard to find the time to work out. I try to take a walk with my daughter and puppy every couple days. It may not be a lot but it does keep me more active. I wish I could spend time at the gym but that is just not going to happen any time soon.
  • darlenem12
    darlenem12 Posts: 18
    Options
    Hi I am a stay at home mom also and I know how hard it is, maybe you can find a gym with a daycare, and if not, there are some good workout videos that you can start with maybe when your kids are napping. my daughter is in school so now it's easier for me. But whatever you do don't give up cuz you'll end up gaining weight I know cuz that is what I did, and I put alot of weight on which is going to take sometime to get off. Good luck with your decision, I wish you the best.
  • emmymae22
    emmymae22 Posts: 206
    Options
    I'm a stay-at-home mommy to 4 year-old twins...I'm very lucky though because my gym has a babysitting service. I can drop them off for a buck a piece and let them play with other kiddos while I do Zumba or Turbo.
  • slepygrl
    slepygrl Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I'm a SAHM I have a 7 y/o and 2 3 y/o's. Our gym have FANTASTIC childcare. My kids love going.
  • pamelak5
    pamelak5 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I work outside the home, but a couple things that help when I am home - be ready to start working out as soon as everyone is asleep - morning, nap or night! For mornings, I keep my gym clothes out. For afternoons, I will already be in my workout clothes and have a DVD ready to go. Do you have a double stroller? I found some steep hills by my house and couldn't believe how hard it was to push just the single stroller!
  • BHRussell
    BHRussell Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Not m here... but I am a single Mom of a 13, 10, 7 and 1 year old, and I home school. It is all me. I gained 100# with my last and I am 25 pounds away from old overweight self. However I want more, 100#s more. I know I can do it.
  • BethMamma
    BethMamma Posts: 4
    Options
    That is so true! I think we should have the highest paid job on the planet! But we're the lucky ones to spend so much time with our kids. Go you for raising 8 children!! I admire you. I think it's hard to have two haha! Hang in there with working out. The hard thing is making time for ourselves since we're always worrying about what everyone else needs. But we deserve it :)
  • ACB42
    ACB42 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I work 2 days/week, but am a SAHM the rest of the time. My kids are 5 and 3. When I work out, it's generally after the kids have gone to bed. It works for me because I am a night owl, anyway. We are about to join the YMCA for the summer, and my plan is to tell the kids that they are going in the childcare room for the first hour while I exercise. If they behave, then we'll go swimming afterward. We'll be there 2-3 days/week this summer, so that will help a lot!
  • littlecaponey2
    littlecaponey2 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I'm a SAHM, have been for 10 years. I have three kids.....10, 7, and 5. I just started going to the gym 6 days a week and feel like I have finally started coming up for air after 10 years. I have survived for 10 years and now I am up and seeing the light again adn putting me on the list. Feels Great! Add me if you would like....
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    I'm not a stay at home mom, but when I'm not at work it's hard to tear myself away from my kids - the solution? I get up at 5 everyday to get a good workout in before they wake up, then I'm completely available to get them up and dressed and off to school, and when they get home shortly after I get home from work, I'm 100% there for them because my workout is already done.
  • jessgarr27
    jessgarr27 Posts: 78
    Options
    Ima stay at mommy of 3 year old twin boys their brother is 8 and he's in school full time; I work out at 24 hour fitness 6 days a week gives me a lil time away from them LOL .. but I have no mfp friends Idk how to add people so send a req if u want ... I also work out at home when I get home from the gym everyday LOL I'm always moving I swear... Good luck to ya tho I know its tough being a stay at home mom
  • tmte1207
    tmte1207 Posts: 22
    Options
    I'm a SAHM to two little ones, ages 3 and 5. I work out every morning and the kids go with me. They love going and love cheering me on when I'm going through and doing my thing. Love it and love that I'm leading by example for them! :) Feel free to add me as a friend if you want!!
  • darrcn5
    darrcn5 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I am! My little man is 16 months old. The jogging stroller is a miracle for me; he actually likes riding in it and I can get a run or walk in. I ran the steps at the playground today to get a little extra cardio in :)
  • Mommareed4
    Mommareed4 Posts: 144
    Options
    I am a stay at home mom of a 6,5, 3 1/2 & almost 2 yr old..i work out when my oldest goes to kindergarden and my youngest is taking her nap..i try to get my boys (middle age) to watch a movie..if not they just watch me lol
  • adelineclarke
    Options
    Lucky you