Any stay-at-home Moms out there?

Options

Replies

• jenny95662
    jenny95662 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    i stay at home mom also. have a 5 yr old and a 2 yr old. my husband is in the navy so a lot of the time i am a single mom. add me if u would like
  • mlynnea03
    mlynnea03 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    My 2 year old DD stays with me during the day and we are hardly home. I run all the errands, take the kids (2 and 10) to appointments and various activities. I usually workout at home during the days that I don't have much to do. I don't have a set nap time for her because we leave out at different times during the day, so I workout when she is awake. She has gotten used to me taking this time to workout and doesn't distract me as much. She used to try to pass me her snacks :laugh: Sometimes I am able to squeeze in a brisk walk at the park, which both kids love.
  • KristysLosing
    KristysLosing Posts: 683
    Options
    I wish!! :happy:
  • Missjilly1025
    Missjilly1025 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I belong to a gym that has babysitting. I used to take them with me. I was able to work out and they met friends.

This is what I do. Perhaps a gym near you has the same option.
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    im a stay at home dad :) btw there is a stay at home parent group here
  • mkutkowski
    mkutkowski Posts: 10
    Options
    I am a stay-at-home mom to my two daughters, but I am also working on my degree. I share the same problem: it is so difficult to find a time to exercise when I won't get interrupted, which in turn puts a hamper on my motivation, and so it goes.
  • PhotographyChick
    PhotographyChick Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    27yo SAHM to 2 girls, 5 and 18mos (almost 19mos). They're actually really good about hanging out with me while I get my workout done, sometimes they try to follow along, other times they play together nicely. I'll admit there's a few times I have to pause my dvd to go get the littlest one out of something. haha! It's definitely interesting, but I demand this time for myself. I deserve it, and I deserve to do something to make me feel better about myself. :) Anyone who wants can feel free to add me! I love making new friends! :)
  • Jen32285
    Jen32285 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I stay home. I'm 27 and my kids are 6 and 3. My 6 year old is in kindergarten this year. She will be finished up in 2 weeks. I go nuts at times. I miss the adult interaction.
  • BriskisGrl
    BriskisGrl Posts: 461
    Options
    I'm a SAHM at the moment.. my monsters are a 9 yr old little girl she hits double digits this year :(:( and a soon to be 3 year old rambunctious little boy who i swear thinks he is super man.. jumps and flys off everything. I believe he is giving me gray hairs already... Little boy has NO fear. Just like his father.
  • mdorsey0728
    Options
    Yup, I'm a SAHM,and have an almost 2 year old boy here, and my husband is only home on weekends. I put him in the jogging stroller and speed walk. He loves it!
  • jarrettfam
    jarrettfam Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Im a sahm. I have a 19 yr and various ages of foster children off and on. I try to exercise while they are in school. My ymca has a daycare but havent had a chance to try that yet.
  • victoriasnow
    victoriasnow Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    stay at home mom to two beautiful kids! i have a 1 1/2 year old daughter & a 4 month old son. currently doing insanity every day & running when i can. feel free to add me! :)
  • N4monsters
    N4monsters Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm 27 and a SAHM to 4! You can add me if you'd like! :)
  • KISSmom4
    KISSmom4 Posts: 9
    Options
    I, too, am a SAHM. I have 4 girls (8.5, 7, 4.5 and 2.5) I am also a part time student and have a husband who works a weird shift. I have a hard time fitting in workouts, but I have decided I just need to get up in the morning before the kids so I can get it in. It's hard but it has to be done. My older ones will work out with me, but the 2.5 year old likes to get into trouble when Mommy's busy.

If anyone wants to friend me for support, I'd love it. I'm new to MFP and I have NO friends. :(
  • bzmamaof4
    bzmamaof4 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I am a WAHM of 4 kiddos ages 12, 8, 6 and 4. Life is BUSY! Feel free to add me! :)
  • ExplorinLauren
    ExplorinLauren Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    Stay at home mom... that would be this girl ;) lol ... I have a 16, 11, 2 and 7 month old.
    Working out is hard... between everything else I have to do daily... Its reallllllllly hard! My goal is to wake up every day at 5am to exercise, that way I have the house to myself. But that rarely happens. lol I'm usually doing my workouts when the babies take a nap. Which sucks, because its my only 2 hours a day to get my cleaning done, or actually do something I want to do! But .... either way, I'm on a mission to get it done, because I have to take care of me... just like everyone else.
    Good luck!! We can support eachother! I will send you a friend invite :)
  • trijoe
    trijoe Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    Stay at home dad. Ha, we do exist. Take that bigfoot.

3 girls - 10, 7, 7. It's lonely during football season.
  • ajburroughs
    ajburroughs Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm a proud SAHM as well. I also work from home--usually late into the evening/early morning. So basically I get no sleep, lol! My girls are 2, 4, 7 and 11. It's just as hard to find time with the older kids around as with the younger ones. The littles like to join me, the bigs like to fight and need help with homework and stuff. It's tough but doable.

Oh, and for the dad, my 11 yr old loves football--likes to watch it, play it and talk about players and strategies. In fact, her last two birthday parties were sports-based and one was all the girls playing flag football. They all loved it! We just finished up football season with her and my 4 yr old.
  • melissa_ky2012
    melissa_ky2012 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I'm 24 and a SAHM- I have 2 kids (2yrs & 3 months old). You can add me if you'd like.:smile::smile:
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    i am a sahm of 2 boys, 8 and 2. feel free to add me!