Accuracy of Scales

Options
Which scales do each of you use and which do you find to be more accurate? Last night my digital scale at home showed a different number everytime I got on. It is very frustrating. Any advice?

Replies

• mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    I just bought a Taylor brand last night so I really haven't had a chance to truly put it to the test, but the same thing happened to my husband and I when we were trying it.. I'm not quite sure. My crappy old scale would do the same thing to me so I'd just take an average! lol
  • brwnsgr
    brwnsgr Posts: 78
    Options
    I was having the same problem with my scale, according to it I was losing and then I get on my WII Fit and I had lost. That's the scale I'm using from now on!
    :happy:
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    I dunno. I have an old scale that's not digital. I've compared what that says to what the scale says at the dr office and its been lower. I am thinking about getting a new digital one today.

I've heard good things about the weight watchers scale, but not sure I'll buy that. Just depends on the price. I'm not as concerned about it being as accurate as I am about keeping my money and just how I feel overall.
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    I have a couple of different scales I check on regularly. My home scale is lowest so it's what I measure my current weight by. The one at the gym is one of those big things with the slider weight on the balance bar. It stays the same week after week, then will suddenly drop. I use it to measure true losses. Then there is one at the grocery store, one of those huge things with the big round face towering over my head, it usually says the same as the gym, so when it shows a loss, I believe it :laugh:
  • heathyr
    heathyr Posts: 12
    Options
    i use the scale on my wii fit, it seems pretty acurate.
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    I just bought a Taylor brand last night so I really haven't had a chance to truly put it to the test, but the same thing happened to my husband and I when we were trying it.. I'm not quite sure. My crappy old scale would do the same thing to me so I'd just take an average! lol

Sometimes mine will do that, and I also take the average!
  • sarahnicolexoxo
    Options
    Yeah, I want something reasonably priced as well as accurate if that is possible. The one we have just shows a different weight each time my boyfriend and I get on it. I got excited last night becuse it showed I lost two pounds and then got on again to make sure and it showed the same weight I have been and the last time it showed I gained a pound. It was so frustrating! :explode: LOL
  • danir818
    Options
    I started using the Wii fit scale and it seems to be the most accurate! It tracks even the slightest weight loss and that keeps me motivated!
  • aeswan
    aeswan Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I have an old-fashioned non-digital scale that I think was about $20 at Target. It's usually a little lower than the doctor's office scale, but it does give me consistent readings. I don't know that it's entirely accurate, but it does tell me if I'm gaining or losing. And really, a pound our two off what my 'real' weight is doesn't matter--how I feel and how my clothes fit are more important, I think.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    If I'm using a digital scale, I tend to take the first number it gave me. It can vary a little depending on how you're standing on it, etc., but it should only be by about a pound- give or take.

The only scales I truly trust as my accurate weight are my doc's scales.
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    I use the following:
    my company's shipping scale (don't tell them!)
    WiiFit
    My friend's scale

... all of them read different things.