May-June 30DS challenge. Join here!

Options

Replies

• Falling2Grace
    Falling2Grace Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    So, im really confused...my dh downloaded 30DS (i had it sitting around but the toddler got ahold of it and lost it =/), tonight was my first day doing it. I did Day 1 Level. Im just confused on how the days work. Do i just keep doing day 1 for 30 days? or is there something else i need to download (besides the varies levels, i have those). how does this work, exactly? Just trying to figure out what to do with Day 2 (tomorrow)
  • Falling2Grace
    Options
    Day 1 completed of 30DS! At Level One. Since im posting my first day pics, im going to add my stats too....im being brave...this is so embarrassing, but i know i'll have your support. and you all got mine :D [sorry these are not clickable or very big. im still trying to figure it out, but once i have comparison pictures i will work it out]

Height: 5 foot 2
    Current Weight: 188lb
    BF%: 42.5
    Neck: 14 in
    Bust: 45 in
    Waist: 37 in
    Hips: 44 in
    Thighs: (R) 25 in (L) 24.5 in
    Arms: (R) 13 in (L) 13 in

th_day1backtop.jpgth_30dsfullbck.jpgth_30dsfullfront.jpg
    th_30dslwftsidefull.jpg ]th_30dsrightsidefull.jpg
  • njmp
    njmp Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    So, im really confused...my dh downloaded 30DS (i had it sitting around but the toddler got ahold of it and lost it =/), tonight was my first day doing it. I did Day 1 Level. Im just confused on how the days work. Do i just keep doing day 1 for 30 days? or is there something else i need to download (besides the varies levels, i have those). how does this work, exactly? Just trying to figure out what to do with Day 2 (tomorrow)
    I think you progress through the 3 levels...I plan on doing 10 days of each. I could be wrong but I think that's the idea!
  • njmp
    njmp Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Day 1 of 30 complete....That was HARD!!!!!! I don't know if I can do this. My legs and arms are shaking!
    Yeah you can do it!!! Make sure you do a GOOD stretch, the stretch at the end is not sufficient IMO...see you tomorrow!
  • Falling2Grace
    Options
    I think you progress through the 3 levels...I plan on doing 10 days of each. I could be wrong but I think that's the idea!

Thanks! i think im going to do the same-10 days at each level.
    Day 1 of 30 complete....That was HARD!!!!!! I don't know if I can do this. My legs and arms are shaking!
    Yeah you can do it!!! Make sure you do a GOOD stretch, the stretch at the end is not sufficient IMO...see you tomorrow!

You are doing a great job! i am SO jittery after that work out! Is it just me, or does that exercise make you really hot?! i was steaming quite rapidly while i was doing this workout. I think i only sweat like that one other time and that was doing Zumba for 45 minutes!...really hope im not sore tomorrow!
  • Zonera15
    Zonera15 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I've noticed that too! I sweat more during the Shred than when i'm on the elliptical for 45 minutes!
  • missataylor22
    missataylor22 Posts: 25 Member
    Options

i did 4 days on level one then felt i was ready for the next level because i wasnt sweating like i was before, base it on your body, dont push yourself too hard!! x
  • Alcoria
    Alcoria Posts: 167 Member
    Options

i did 4 days on level one then felt i was ready for the next level because i wasnt sweating like i was before, base it on your body, dont push yourself too hard!! x

the plan is to do each level for 10 days each but you can move or wait before or after the 10 days are up. Also dont forget to take a rest day here and there your body needs time to recover too. and one last thing (probably obvious) but rest days dont count toward your 30 days :P

i also found that if you have time Yoga Meltdown by JM helps a lot with the stiffness from 30DS for me personally i do 30DS around 2pm-2:30pm and than do YM around 9:30pm-10pm after kids are in bed for the night.

Good Luck and don't give up :)
  • Stephyshoes
    Stephyshoes Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Just finished my first day and I feel so great. :) Not sure if I will be able to lift my arms later, but great! hahahaha
  • amercer09
    amercer09 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
  • Falling2Grace
    Options
    Great job so far, everyone!

And thanks for the advice!

Today i am not as sore as i thought i would be...i mean, yes it hurts to walk (especially up the steps! LOL) but its not as terrible as i thought it was going to be....see if i feel the same tonight haha
  • MelissR75
    MelissR75 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    I'll join. This is my second time with 30DS. I did it last year (Nove & Dec) and have awesome results.
    I might jump around with it or add 2 workout together as I find level 1 not too challenging since doing RI 30 and a few weeks of Insanity.

Height - 5'7
    CW - 168
    Waist - 33
  • dward2011
    dward2011 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I do 30DS in the am, eat lunch, and then either run or cycle for 45 mins. That cuts out the soreness for me (plus stretching a few times during the day).
  • pinklily905
    pinklily905 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Did 30ds this morning after not doing it for three days. Gonna call today day 3 lol

Height: 5 foot 7
    Current Weight: 191
    Neck-  14.4 
    Right bicep- 13
    Left bicep- 12
    Bust- 45
    Waist- 40 smallest
    Hips- 46
    Right thigh- 26
    Left thigh- 26
    Right calf- 16
    Left calf- 16.5
    Around belly button- 42
  • adfabus
    adfabus Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Day 2 COMPLETE and my legs are sore. But my abs feel great! Has anyone had a hard time keeping up with JM? I could not do all of the jumping jacks!
  • gr8pillock
    gr8pillock Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Day 2 COMPLETE and my legs are sore. But my abs feel great! Has anyone had a hard time keeping up with JM? I could not do all of the jumping jacks!

I'm on Day 8 and I have to pause for a second during the jump ropes now when the first few days I didn't. My calves have NOT enjoyed this bullying. ;)
  • Persephone2003
    Persephone2003 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Day 3 down! I'm still sore but I can see little differences in my endurance happening already. Gotta work a 12 hour night shift tonight and tomorrow so these next two days are going to be the hardest to commit to. I'm going to do it though! :drinker: :happy:
  • Titanuim
    Titanuim Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Day 5 completed this morning. Thankfully muscle soreness has now gone and my endurance is up. More importnatly I can actually see the start of changes to my abs. So excited and so motivated to keep going.
  • toadiejones
    toadiejones Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Day 3 today...I'm doing better than all the other times I did the Shred. Very little muscle soreness. Usually the squat/presses and side lunges/lifts do me in. Think I can go up in my weights. Or maybe it was my cheering section today...this morning my 4-year old was shouting stuff like "You're great Mommy!"
  • aeris2126
    aeris2126 Posts: 7
    Options
    @toadiejones That cheering section does work wonders. I finished day three today and my six year old does tries to do the workout with me because "she wants to be big and strong." It's so cute, and it keeps me very motivated. She totally beats me at jumping jacks.