I beat my meat for the first time last night.....

Options
2»

Replies

• JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    Awesome title... it's a winner :flowerforyou:
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I just tried this, but I used a rolling pin to flatten the chicken breasts, and baked them, but I can see that it would be good for grilling to make sure it's done through-no one wants rare chicken:noway:
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    My preferred method for beating meat are breasts. Gets the job done a lot quicker.

And that's chicken...and the job is preparing dinner.

What is wrong with you people??
  • Deltafliers
    Deltafliers Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Props on the title...wish I was imaginative. Lol. :drinker:

Anyway, I used to beat my meat, until my beating toy got lost (or stolen) in our most recent move (and my stoneware too, as a matter of fact :sad: ). Haven't taken the time to buy a replacement. I liked using it for CK parmesan, and thinning as well as tenderizing fajita meats.
  • livinginwoods
    livinginwoods Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Yep. I just use my rolling pin but love beating my meat.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I have seen several people mention a rolling pin.....I thought the triangle/grooves on the mallet helped.....are they overrated?
  • reshapemariah21
    reshapemariah21 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    LOL this brought back memories of my cousin shouting out from the kitchen, "I'm beating my meat on the counter" while tenderizing his steaks. :laugh:
  • DarwinChick95
    DarwinChick95 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    hahahahahahahahahahaha omg made my day
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    I use the triangle/grooved mallet for wiener schnitzel... much more medieval.
  • ElleBee615
    ElleBee615 Posts: 177
    Options
    LOL this brought back memories of my cousin shouting out from the kitchen, "I'm beating my meat on the counter" while tenderizing his steaks. :laugh:

:laugh:
  • Jenwalker9899
    Options
    :laugh: I will have to say that the title totally throw me for a loop.
    I will have try and beat my meat next time. All the chatting it makes it sound yummy and fun
  • pg1girl
    pg1girl Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for the laugh! Total awesomeness!
  • livinginwoods
    livinginwoods Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I have seen several people mention a rolling pin.....I thought the triangle/grooves on the mallet helped.....are they overrated?
    I feel that it t tears up the meat to much for me. Unless you are beating steak to make it cubed but even then my rolling pin just a great job and makes it just as tender.
  • jb_2011
    jb_2011 Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Tee hee very cute. :laugh:

My favorite (ahem) "beaten" meat consists of chicken breasts pounded 1/4" thick, rolled and tied with a little light swiss, parsley, lemon zest and garlic inside, then sauteed until brown in a speck of oil. Afterwards add some white wine and simmer until fully cooked. Reduce the wine afterwards for a decadent sauce, maybe add a teaspoon of butter or yogurt.
  • cannonsky
    cannonsky Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I beat my meat today to make pinwheels... Don't have a meat tenderizer though... so I used my hammer
  • wongleweed
    wongleweed Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Beating the meat gets it from hard to soft fairly successfully