Alcohol

Options
Finally22
Finally22 Posts: 305 Member
I have a wedding coming up to go to & I want to have a few drinks - any low calorie or lower calorie suggestions?
Help ya'all....

Thanks! :drinker:

Replies

• bethgames
    bethgames Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Rum and diet. Or if you want to be healthy, Bloody Mary. :drinker:
  • hyperkate
    hyperkate Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Vodke, lime and diet lemonade :-)
  • TinaHumphries
    TinaHumphries Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Spirits are always the best calorie wise, I normally go for Vodka and diet coke :drinker:
  • Sumo813
    Sumo813 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Check out www.getdrunknotfat.com... ;)
  • BarefootBrendan
    Options
    Just to offer a fun alternative. 1. Its a wedding!!! I love weddings. 2. They are heaps of fun. 3.Live it up for the night!! 4. Train harder for the rest of the week. :)
  • guardian419
    guardian419 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I typically go with clear liquor and fruit juice or diet soda (I'll avoid chemicals before I avoid sugar). There are graphs online showing the caloric value of different types of alcohol. For example, Jaegermeister is something like (going from memory) 1800 calories per 12oz, while grey goose vodka is somewhere around 110 per 12 oz.
  • UrbanRunner81
    UrbanRunner81 Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    yeah stuff with diet soda mixers, or just have one or two glasses of wine and don't worry about it.
  • MelanieAG05
    MelanieAG05 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Gin and slimline tonic or vodka and diet coke (or any spirit and diet-mixer)

Steer clear of wine, lager, beer and cider!
  • DiannaMoorer
    DiannaMoorer Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Have red wine. It's heart healthy. and my favorite!:drinker:
  • semeyer
    semeyer Posts: 282 Member
    Options

hahah neat!
  • deniselynn13
    deniselynn13 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Vodka and club soda is the absolute best for those watching their weight. The second best would be vodka and diet tonic, but most places don't have diet tonic. You are going to be getting excess sugars in any other type of mixer (fruit juice, tonic, etc) and unneccessary sweeteners in any diet beverage (i think diet beverages are a joke - a personal belief). I usually will do either white wine (lower in calories and sugar than red) or a good quality vodka on the rocks with lemon slices. The vodka rocks is strong since it is straight vodka but it makes you sip it, it lasts longer and you don't feel awful the next day from all the sugar in your body combined with a hangover. Anything straight on the rocks will be better for you than a mixer.

Have fun!!!
  • LauraSchaller
    LauraSchaller Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Put some chrystal light to-go packets in your purse or clutch.. order a vodka & water, mix in half a packet .. stir .. drink .. be merry :)
  • Brevans04
    Brevans04 Posts: 18
    Options
    Put some chrystal light to-go packets in your purse or clutch.. order a vodka & water, mix in half a packet .. stir .. drink .. be merry :)

^^^^

yay! someone else does it to!
    I use a whole crystal light pack, vodka, and half a sprite and its awesome. Go for the rasberry.
  • fitnotfluffy
    fitnotfluffy Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Vodka and water if you can handle the taste. Haha! I have a friend who does that but I usually go with vodka and diet or rum and diet.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Have red wine. It's heart healthy. and my favorite!:drinker:

Me too! And 2 6oz glasses for 300 calories :)
  • Sierra_419
    Sierra_419 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    str8 shots or diet drinks mixed in.. i just take shots & drink water to stay hydrated
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I have a wedding coming up to go to & I want to have a few drinks - any low calorie or lower calorie suggestions?
    Help ya'all....

Thanks! :drinker:

This is one of those unusual situations. Just drink responsibly and have a good time. It is an exception and not the rule. I would not worry about calories in a special circumstance. Personally, I am not a drinker. But if I were, I would just keep the quantities down and not worry so much about the caloric intake at a special event such as this. Just don't make it a habit.
  • jenniejengin
    jenniejengin Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    If I know that I am going to drink, I make sure that I have a calorie deficit that would allow for the drink, and try to make sure that I stay within my calories when I do drink.
  • dlpnrn2b
    dlpnrn2b Posts: 441 Member
    Options

^^^this.. the cran-apple packets are so good wih vodka and water
  • LittleLightShine
    LittleLightShine Posts: 123 Member
    Options

Of course that website exists. LOL

Vodka and fresh lime juice.