Couch to 5k

Options
2»

Replies

• Symonep
    Symonep Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Don't feel you have to finish week 1 in a week. You can redo it until you can do the whole thing properly.

I will start wk1 run 1 tomorrow :) I have the app and did up to wk 2 a few months back. I have't done much exercise lately so will need to start back at the start.

My aim is to do C25K every second day and weights on the off days.
  • PJ64
    PJ64 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    I am doing C25K too and have been putting it under "Running (jogging), 5.2 mph (11.5 min mile)" then just add the time that I did the run in.
  • DterMined2012
    DterMined2012 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    quick question where can I find the c25k plan? I found one on the internet but it doesn't sound like the plan you guys have. I also have the app on my iphone...guess I need to go searching :ohwell:
    thanks
  • chubbster17
    chubbster17 Posts: 31
    Options
    I'm on week 2 :) did day 1 today. If you have a smart phone get the app "sport tracker" it uses GPS to show how fast and far you've run. If you put your weight etc in it also calculates the calories burned. :D
  • DterMined2012
    Options
    quick question where can I find the c25k plan? I found one on the internet but it doesn't sound like the plan you guys have. I also have the app on my iphone...guess I need to go searching :ohwell:
    thanks
    here is the plan I have for week one:
    Brisk five-minute warmup walk. Then alternate 60 seconds of jogging and 90 seconds of walking for a total of 20 minutes.
    Brisk five-minute warmup walk. Then alternate 60 seconds of jogging and 90 seconds of walking for a total of 20 minutes.
    does this sound like what you guys have?
    thanks
  • ber3023
    ber3023 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I did week 4 day 1 yesterday. I was never a runner either, so I'm amazed that I've come this far. I agree with saying repeat weeks if you need to. This week was pretty tough so I might have to repeat this week cause next week looks scary lol I use a treadmill cause I'm not comfortable enough to do it in public yet lol I do a 3mph warmup and cooldown, 3.5mph walks and 6mph jogs.
  • kelleybelly35
    kelleybelly35 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    i am on week 2 day 2. i run outside and do the time one. i use my HRM and just log the calories from it under C25K that i created under my exercises. i was training for a half marathon when i decided to go back to school 3 yrs ago so now i am starting all over....good luck
  • BobOki
    BobOki Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I too have been trying to get my couch to do a 5k. I have offered it all the encouragement I can, told it I would sit in it, replaced its pads, vaccumed it, talked sweetly to it.... still it just sits there unmoving. I am running out of ideas to be honest guys... maybe I can bribe it by dropping some change in a crack? Help!

In all seriousness, congrats and good luck guys. I am not quite ready to do anything silly like... you know.. exercise or work... but I am facinated by those that do. You are the glowing pulsing light of a bugzapper to my fat roll insect. Good luck and keep up the great work!
  • kelleybelly35
    kelleybelly35 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    thanks
    thanks
    yep that is the one i am following
  • deez2015
    deez2015 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    thanks
    thanks
    yep that is the one i am following

www.c25k.com ....scroll down for different downloads depending on what you are using (mp3, iphone etc)
  • DterMined2012
    Options
    Thanks for everyones replies and help :happy: :flowerforyou:
  • dreamingchild
    dreamingchild Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Great thread...I did week 1 workout 1 yesterday. I was actually surprised that I could do it. As I look ahead to other weeks it looks scary to me, but then I just tell myself to focus on where i'm at now. I have never been athletic and have never been a runner but it is a secret wish of mine. I really want to run in a 5k race. I think it would encourage me in other ways too. So, glad to see others starting this week too. If you want a buddy, friend me. Good luck everyone!!!!!
  • 9cj8
    9cj8 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Just wondering if anyone has tried starting on a Week later than week 1? I was doing some running before starting, so just wondering if people were successful starting on other weeks?
  • littleblonde200
    Options
    yaaaaaaay week one day one complete and i did the WHOLE THING. It was hard and i did push myself. Now someone please tell me its gets easier.....please

Cant wait for day 2 now which will be friday as that is when i have someone to watch my girls.

Good luck everyone and let me know how you get on.
  • Brenda_Pancakes
    Brenda_Pancakes Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Yay for C25K!! Before joining MFP about 90 days ago- I had never actually followed thru with an exercise or eating plan. So to find a training program that is going to help me learn to jog for 30 min straight kinda seemed impossible. Starting tomorrow, I will be on week 3, day 1. But I think im going to repeat week 2 instead. Ive never actually ran for more than a min or two in my life. So im actually really excited :)
  • bisland
    bisland Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Stick with it. It does get easier. I would say the first 4 weeks were the most difficult. Do not be afraid to repeat a week or day when needed.
  • bunnaroo
    bunnaroo Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just finished day 3 of week 1. I was worried because I have asthma and running has always been a struggle for me, but I bring my inhaler along and so far it's been fine. I'm also using the rundouble app.
  • littleblonde200
    Options
    aching a bit today. Not sure weather to do run 2 tomorrow or friday. Will have to see how i feel i think