My number one dieting tip- what is yours?

Options

Replies

• Elf_Princess1210
    Elf_Princess1210 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Find an exercise you like doing. I've also stopped using the term dieting. I tell people that I am making a lifestyle change.
  • Elf_Princess1210
    Elf_Princess1210 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    I forgot to add, if you happen to over eat, don't wait until the next day to get back on track. Start with the next meal
  • kfitzpa
    kfitzpa Posts: 326
    Options
    Eat to live, Don't live to eat :smile:
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Portion sizes. Just because it fits in a bowl or a plate doesn't mean you should eat the whole thing.

Snacking. Never, ever sit down on the couch with more than you should eat.

It's not a diet.

Move.
  • pookaness
    pookaness Posts: 15
    Options
    Don't give up the things you love, if you want cake eat the cake. Just make sure you keep some calories free for it.
  • KatFierce
    KatFierce Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Breakfast is really that important! If I have a green smoothie, then some broccoli and egg whites with cheese for breakfast I have a WAYYY better day food and energy wise than if I wake up and have nothing, or something super sugary/carb-loaded.

And to just get the exercise in, if I dont do atleast a little workout earlier in the morning then I keep putting it off all day and it wont get done. If I wake up have a little something to eat, get in some activity, then I am far more likely to workout again, take the kids for a walk, be generally more active all day.
  • peachNpunkin
    peachNpunkin Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Walnuts and berries. They fill me up, without pooching me out.
  • ivyslocum
    ivyslocum Posts: 21
    Options
    Kitchen scales are more important than bathroom scales :flowerforyou:

The angels sang when I read this..... Can I borrow it on some of my pages please?
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Don't live where you're sick. Don't work where you're stressed. And don't date skinny men with a high metabolism who won't stop saying, "You sure you don't want some of this? It's really good."
  • lisa46219
    lisa46219 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Eat healthy, eat clean, move your body, and keep enough calories set aside for wine :happy:
  • thaislcrd
    thaislcrd Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Kitchen scales are more important than bathroom scales :flowerforyou:

Love it!
  • mispotatohead
    mispotatohead Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Don't drink your calories and make sure to get in a few servings of fruit and veggies daily.
  • whit1108
    whit1108 Posts: 94
    Options
    This was said but SO TRUE!! You MUST eat to lose weight. When i started this i was eating 1200 calories a day and not eating workout calories back that... after about a month or two or so into it i started to eat close to 1900 calories a day and eat half of my workout calories back and HUGE difference!! I am dropping the weight and feel SO much better!! Make sure you eat and drink you water.
  • whitejessamine
    Options
    Plan ahead! As long as I'm planning my meals and snacks, and packing them to take with me when I'm on the go, I do fine. It's when I forget or get lazy that I suddenly find myself in the drive-through deciding to splurge on a burger and fries instead of getting a salad...it's when I run out of "snacking veggies" that I reach for potato chips...it's when I didn't thaw anything to cook for dinner that I order pizza...If I plan ahead, all day, every day, then I am in control of what I eat, instead of having to resort to fast and easy--which is where I ALWAYS go wrong!
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    be consistent
  • wolfi622
    wolfi622 Posts: 206
    Options
    The single most important things for me - measure and log. Strictly control the size of your portions and log everything you eat. The rest is just, figuratively, gravy.....
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,215 Member
    Options
    Not a food tip, but a good one nevertheless.

Select some favorite clothes that no longer fit that you'd like to wear again and get a photo of you wearing those clothes. Every month or two, preferably on the same date, take a new photo in those same clothes. The photographic record you create over time really documents your progress. I literally saw myself shrink over 10 months and it was SO motivating!
  • londoneye
    londoneye Posts: 192 Member
    Options

Fruit is not as good for me as I thought. Sadly, neither are avocados and nuts. Beef jerky is loads better than I thought though, so long as I drink water, not beer to go with it ;)

Careful with what the dieting mindset can do to you! Low cal does not = 'good for you' and High cal does not = 'bad for you'. Avocado and nuts are packed with good fats, vitamins and minerals. They are much healthier than processed red meats!
  • nifer1029
    nifer1029 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    If it grew from the ground - eat it
    If it had a mother and father - eat it
    If it came from a factory - don't eat it.

Also - portion control!
  • butterflykoffee
    butterflykoffee Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Bump