kind of yucky, but i really need some input

Options
so it has been a few days since i have had a B.M., and i am a bit concerned. my diet contains a lot of fiber and i am feeling bloated and gross. i tried ex-lax to help, but so far nothing has changed (it has been 24 hours since i took it). any suggestions? i am not sure if i should be taking more laxatives after my last dose, what about prune juice or something? thanks, i know it is awkward but i really appreciate any input you girls are the best!

Replies

• stef_e_b
    stef_e_b Posts: 593
    Options
    Are you drinking enough water? Laxitives need a lot of water to pass through.
  • kokonutmama
    Options
    drinking lots of warm or hot water help me. Plus relaxed walking. If it were me, I'd chalk it up to PMS and figure it would pass ( he he ) with a change of the moon, so to speak.
  • tiffanygil
    tiffanygil Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    It maybe because you can't pass the bm that is lower in the colon, (it could be too hard) you might need a suppository or an enema. Don't go to long though trying to figure it out it can cause really serious health problems.

Good luck!
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Drink lots of water. Also, did you quickly up the amount of fiber you were eating? The average american gets very little fiber in general... so a lot of us will suddenly start trying to take in 20+ grams a day and run into GI discomfort/pain, and other issues.
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    sometimes a low fat diet backs things up... A LOT...
    Maybe add a little EVOO to your diet and things will just, ummm... slide on out!:smokin:
  • pattitricia85
    Options
    try a few 15-20 minute walks.
  • mcohan
    mcohan Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    good call on the water i think that may be my issue...thanks so much y'all ae great! have a happy tuesday!
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    :drinker: The walking and increased water are very good advice. Also, if you drink prune juice, try warming it a little. A lot of older ladies I know swear by a glass of warm prune juice first thing in the morning.

THAT is seriously Yucky!!!