Any women over 40?

Options

Replies

• sjcply
    sjcply Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I am 40, and I totally agree with you on the hormones! It is a whole new world after 40 :huh:
  • Liasings
    Liasings Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    :happy: 49 here and a newbie here, too.
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    :heart: :heart: 42 over here:heart::heart:
  • Diana35bha
    Diana35bha Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Hi Gianna

I'm 60 but would be happy to be your buddy if you like! Luckily I'm over the wacky hormone stage LOL

Di
  • new2locs
    new2locs Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I just want to say that we are some good looking 40 plus women!!!!!! 46 here, I haven't had any hormonal issues that I know of but it may be the reason why I'm losing so slow. Feel free to add me!
  • tammy1005
    tammy1005 Posts: 62
    Options
    :heart: I am 43! feel free to add me
  • lhoney2012
    lhoney2012 Posts: 1
    Options
    I am 49 and having a terrible time losing the weight. I seem to be gaining instead of losing. Very frustrated, any suggestions to me would be great!!!
  • mandyjb65
    mandyjb65 Posts: 6
    Options
    Hi

I am Mandy and I am 48 years. Feel free to add me as friend.
  • mandyjb65
    Options
    I'm 47 and a half actually, 48 in September. Why did I say 48? Well I feel it today because I was working out and discovered one of our cats had peed on the gym mat. Yuck! Sooty's in the doghouse!
  • wldlndcpt
    wldlndcpt Posts: 25
    Options
    Hi All,

I'm 53 and have been dealing with the hormones and a thyroid condition. I just joined MyFitnessPal after using FatSecret for a couple of years. I would love to have the support as well. I have 16 lbs to go. Feel free to add me.

Lisa
  • Nailrep
    Nailrep Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I'm 45. Please frend me if you are looking for a diet bud!
  • lou1618
    lou1618 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I am 49 , mother of 3 and grandmother of 4, just reach my goal a couple of weeks ago...love the support that I have recieved here and think the world of all my friends here..feel free to add me.
  • sipseyab
    sipseyab Posts: 59
    Options
    47 here, with seriously f*cked up hormones. LOL!
  • butterflykoffee
    butterflykoffee Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I turned 49 (eeeck) in April and have lost a little over 25 pounds since mid-December. Maybe I am naive, but what does the hormone thing have to do with losing weight? As long as I do my food journal everyday, it has been do I dare say easy. Makes me aware of what I am eating. My 15 year old has pushed me this past week or so as I got off the wagon in late March (but didn't gain anything :) Back in the saddle again. Looking forward to the next 25 lbs. as I set my goal to have my spider veins in my legs taken care of when I hit the 50 pound mark! Welcome to this wonderful site!! You can friend me if you want!
  • HauteHauteMami
    HauteHauteMami Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    40 here!
  • sipseyab
    sipseyab Posts: 59
    Options
    I turned 49 (eeeck) in April and have lost a little over 25 pounds since mid-December. Maybe I am naive, but what does the hormone thing have to do with losing weight? As long as I do my food journal everyday, it has been do I dare say easy. Makes me aware of what I am eating. My 15 year old has pushed me this past week or so as I got off the wagon in late March (but didn't gain anything :) Back in the saddle again. Looking forward to the next 25 lbs. as I set my goal to have my spider veins in my legs taken care of when I hit the 50 pound mark! Welcome to this wonderful site!! You can friend me if you want!

It definitely has an effect on me. I sometimes go three or four months without a period, but feel premenstrual for most of that time. Bloated, water weight gain, food cravings. Ugh.
  • bonbon49
    bonbon49 Posts: 1
    Options
    i just turned 40 a few months ago and i am very new to fitness pal... you can add me :) - i can also use all the support i can get
  • mandyjb65
    Options
    If I were born in 1965, does that make me 47 or 48 this year? I can't think straight after the cat incident! :(
  • mommeex6
    mommeex6 Posts: 17
    Options
    Hi there! I'm 43, oh wait, I just turned 44 (yikes!) I'm relatively new also... and the support here is amazing!! I'm completely addicted. :) Best wishes to you! (Add me!) ~Sharon
  • MNLopez
    MNLopez Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I'm 46! Mother of four, grandma of two! I want to have that body I didn't have in my 20's and 30's while having kiddos. Not only the body, but feel healthier and happier! For once in my life, I'm doing something for ME! :smile:

Welcome and feel free to add me!