Small Success: I said no to cake!

Options
Okay, so it's not a post about losing 80 pounds, and there are no before and after pictures here.

But I know you've gotta understand why I'm celebrating - cake is my nemesis! My kryptonite! If it is nearby, I am eating it, and it's all I can do to keep myself from plunging face first and eating the entire thing like a horse at the trough!

So there I was yesterday, innocently opening the fridge at work to find my apple for a snack, and there it was: birthday cake. Buttercream icing. Vanilla sponge cake. My stomach did a flip-flop in anticipation, and then the amazing thing happened: I said NO. I shut the door and went about my business. Hooray!!!!!! :-)))

I may just be on the path to changing my lifestyle for the better, because that was no small feat.

So.... do you have a little success story? Please share, I'd love to see what other people are tackling today!

Replies

• hdsqrl
    hdsqrl Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Well done! My daughter's HS graduation party was this past weekend and we WAYYY overbought on food, as we had no idea how many of her friends might drop in to say hi. Long story short - we still have 30 slices of cheesecake sitting in the fridge, and I haven't touched any of it! (I did have one slice at her party, but nothing since then - not even a BITE.)

Huge, huge NSV for me, just like you with the cake!

Hang in there, sistah - we are both stronger than those cakes!!!
  • StephiePop
    StephiePop Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    There are currently 2 different cakes in the next office and muffins and bagels..
    *munches on my corn flakes* Don't need 'em!
  • csnooks82899
    csnooks82899 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I am not a big pop fan but get me near a slurpee or slushie and I am toast. Well, I have been on MFP for almost 5 full months now and I have only had 2 slurpees! And today, as I went to 7-11 to get drinks for us office girls, I got one of those new "light" slurpees for my friend and then proceeded to go right of to the pop machine and got me a large unsweetened Ice Tea! May not seem that big a deal, but it really was! :)
  • Xia21
    Xia21 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I did that exact thing yesterday! It was my boyfriend's birthday cake.
    I made it decorated it and everything, but I didnt want to eat it because I know how important this life style change is to me. :]

Maybe later on I'll sparingly allow things that into my diet.... but for now I'll play it safe :]

High five for a small success!!
  • emnk5308
    emnk5308 Posts: 736
    Options
    I said no to the Papa Johns in our break room at work yesterday =) and the brownies.. and muffins. Tomorrow is potluck though.... =( Wish me luck! Think I might be leaving a little bit early.
  • KBGirts
    KBGirts Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    LOL..... My birthday is Sunday. My friend is making me a raspberry cake with buttercream icing. I have had it before and it is to die for!!! My mouth is watering just thinking about it. CRAP.....
  • LaviMc
    LaviMc Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    This is a great success! Congrats! I know how hard it is!
  • jplord
    jplord Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I struggle with office candy. It is always there. I hear the fresh bag of peanut M&Ms get opened and poured in to the bowl at someone's cubicle and the saliva starts to gooble in my mouth.

None today - so far. Every day is a small victory if I can stay away from the effing chocolate. No victory is small. A binge starts with one single M&M. To walk away from a binge is as major a victory as losing 5-10 lbs; what the binge might have cost me.
  • AmadaLynn
    AmadaLynn Posts: 116
    Options
    I have been CRAVING a Crunch bar for 2 days now and I have not broken down yet.
  • bigpenguin570
    bigpenguin570 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    That is AWESOME! It is really hard to say no to the things we really love, for me that would be anything sweet. I pat you on the back, and congratulate you!
  • slsmoot123
    slsmoot123 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Congrats, any victory is a big one. I know how hard it is. For me its office doughnuts and when they order Pizza. And I loovvve Pizza.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    That is no small success...carb cravings can be real stinkers! And mess up your diet efforts! I am pretty well past those cravings, but they were my diet downfall before now!!
  • emmy3111
    emmy3111 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    That's huge!!! The little "treats" at the office are killer... the guys bring in Timbits and chips and baking... then, just the other day, two HUGE bags of Twizzlers (my weakness is candy) - didn't touch any of it!

Also... have not had a "regular" pop in about three weeks - I think it's a record...
  • terbee
    terbee Posts: 72
    Options
    Huge success, in my book!
  • perfect10isha
    perfect10isha Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    That's major. I also have a sweet tooth, so I know just how debilitating it can be when someone offers a sweet treat. For the first time in a long time I've been able to say to those office sweet treats ( maybe even the first time ever!). Over the last three weeks there have been an influx of pastries, donuts, cakes, cookies, etc etc etc etc. I've managed to say NO to them all, however, I did have a spinach and artichoke soufle someone brought in (delish!!). But sweets have been a lifetime weakness for me, so I've been pretty impressed with my ability to turn them down and it actually wasn't too hard.

I guess when you know how much it can mess you up for the day/week you realize those sweet treats aren't so sweet, and are not always worth it.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!