Weigh-in, when?

Replies

• twinkietigress
    twinkietigress Posts: 109 Member
    I usually weigh in once per month, after that time of the month. Keeps me working in the right direction without obsession but I do have a pretty good handle on my food and exercise now. It's been over 260 days. Find what works for you and stick with it. :) TT
  • ShyGirl89
    ShyGirl89 Posts: 60 Member
    I used to be obsessed with weighing everyday too. I went from once every week, to everyday, to once every 2 weeks. Now I think I'm just going to go back to once a week.
  • kmoore02
    kmoore02 Posts: 167 Member
    I weigh myself once a week on the same scale. Usually I weigh myself at work in the men's locker room, we have a beam scale like the doctors use. I want my weigh in to be as accurate as possible.
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Several times a week, in the morning, under the same conditions. I like charts.
  • Kris1997
    Kris1997 Posts: 241
    I weigh myself most mornings, but only log my weigh-ins on Friday mornings.
  • Elohvey
    Elohvey Posts: 65 Member
    I weigh in every other week now. I used to do it like when I woke up and before i went to bed the first month. but I was obsessing too much.

tl'dr: I usually check every Wednesday but weigh in every other Wednesday.
  • HellzNellz
    HellzNellz Posts: 40
    I weigh myself every Sunday morning so I'm not tempted to cheat during the weekend. I'm thinking once a week may be too much for me bc I find myself becoming obsessed with the scale and I'd rather focus on how I feel/how my clothes fit. I may change my weigh-ins to 2x a month instead, although it is nice to see the numbers on the scale go down.
  • DGK12
    DGK12 Posts: 117
    Every Sunday morning, after the potty break, and before my coffee :)
  • cannonsky
    cannonsky Posts: 850 Member
    either once a month or once a week (depending on how much you care about the scale) first thing in the morning
  • hebenn01
    hebenn01 Posts: 43 Member
    Every Friday morning!
  • Spudeata
    Spudeata Posts: 100 Member
    Only once a week, every Sunday morning - keeps the bad girl inside me in check so she doesn't go overboard on a Saturday night :devil: rest of the week I'm good as gold :happy:
  • Every two weeks with my trainer. We weigh and get the BMi reading. I will occasionally step on the scale between two week intervals but only record the every other Friday readings.
  • skbohanon
    skbohanon Posts: 15 Member
    Ditto. Except my day is Friday. :)
  • skbohanon
    skbohanon Posts: 15 Member
    I weight myself weekly on Wednesdays, and that's the only one I write down or track. I'll weigh myself whenever I feel like it throughout the week (sometimes it's 4-5 times a week, sometimes just the once) but the Wednesday weight is the only one that counts.

Ditto. Except my day is Friday. :)
  • LBash03
    LBash03 Posts: 72
    I keep my scale under my bed so i dont even see it. I weigh in once a week on Sundays and always first thing in the morning. Try putting your scale somewhere where you won't see it and you won't be tempted!
  • hgaspard83
    hgaspard83 Posts: 66 Member
    I weight in the AM right after I get up, everyday, but I on;ly track it every two weeks :)
  • JaeDBMe
    JaeDBMe Posts: 18
    I weigh in once a week and on Friday! I work out and eat better during the week, so I feel like it's the end of my workout week, and shows the true progress. Oh and I weight first thing in the morning after going to the bathroom (TMI) and before I eat anything.
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    I weight in several times a month. Always in the morning after I've used the bathroom, and only on days when I don't feel bloated.
  • Shweedog
    Shweedog Posts: 883 Member
    Like most things you have to find what's best for you. But I weigh in and record on Wednesdays. I have established a trend with my body by weighing every day for a month. I have found that I weigh more every Tuesday than any other day of the week. That's just how my body works. By Wednesday or Thursday the water retention has subsided and my weight is the lowest on these 2 days. Friday through Sunday I tend to eat more and retain more water so weighing on those days, or Monday, has a slightly increased number as well.
  • bigdon16
    bigdon16 Posts: 4 Member
    I am also obsessed with the scale. I find weighing in on Friday or Saturday AM helps me to keep the weekend in check. I may cheat then, but I find I only cheat when I really want something. Weighing in on Mondays, tells me that it was ok to cheat on the weekend and lets start all over for the new week.