my first 1/2 marathon and lost 28+ lbs. PICS

Options
amhamlin
amhamlin Posts: 17 Member
It's been a little over a year when I started all this .... I started a boot camp program (which I was PATHETIC AT) and took up running. I've lost so much weight... but most importantly I've learned to like running. Yes, you heard me RUNNING. :) For the record, I've never been a runner OR into ANY exercise. EVA... EVA... EVERRRRRR.

I started this journey at approximately 178.... now I weigh in at 150. I've completed 2 5k, 1 10k, and 1 1/2 marathon. I did the Portland Rock and Roll 1/2 marathon just this last Sunday. It was hard. I was scared.... but I never quit. Thank you all for your support. Thank you for your suggestions. Thank you for pushing me......

I can't seem to upload my before and after pics but you can see everything at my blog

http://minimemandy.blogspot.com/

:)

Replies

• rita_puentes
    Options
    How many miles are you running a week? i just started back on my running routine but i'm not sure how many miles to do a week for weight lost.
  • ldoublem
    ldoublem Posts: 12
    Options
    Congratulations! That's an awesome achievement! I just did my first 10k on Saturday...not sure if I want to do a half though!
    So impressive! Great job!
  • jbachhuber
    jbachhuber Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Great job! What an accomplishment.
  • WhiteCoc0
    WhiteCoc0 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! You are an amazing girl!
  • amhamlin
    amhamlin Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm currently trying to run 3-4 miles on my lunch hour 2-3 times a week and one "long" run on the weekends... I found a GREAT schedule on marathonrookie.com for half marathons... and I did try to stick with that, but every now and then I'd change it up. :):)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!