I need COFFEE BREAK snack ideas!

Options
120weeks
120weeks Posts: 242 Member
I don't drink coffee every day but when I do, I like to eat something sweet-ish with it to make the "meal" something to really look forward to. So far, that sweet has been a protein bar in varying flavors.

Any other ideas? Under 300 calories? I don't like eating hot foods when I drink my mid-morning or mid-afternoon coffee :)

Thanks!

Replies

• pamelad77
    pamelad77 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Under 300 cals? You could have a chocolate bar for less than that!
  • sadye58
    sadye58 Posts: 55
    Options
    fiber one 90 calorie bar chocolate caramel & pretzel is my favorite.
  • mmsilvia
    mmsilvia Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    The Fiber One Brownies are great with coffee and only 90calories. Or there are many granola bars out there for about 100calories.
  • molliewitt
    molliewitt Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I like the Special K Chocolaty Pretzel bars. I also like to have Vanilla Yoplait Whips as well.
  • mboktay
    mboktay Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Loving my Fig Newton fruit thins. 3 palm size cookies (not too sweet) 130 calories.
  • islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    did you check out the 88 snacks under a 100 calories.
    It gave me some ideas.
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    fiber bar, piece of fruit, yogurt (flavored or plain with your own flavoring), granola
  • 120weeks
    Options
    No, I will check out that list now. I do have to thank previous posters for the pretzel/chocolate combo ideas. Love it.
  • 120weeks
    Options
    mmmm fig newtons! I haven't had those in a long time. My kids eat a Trader Joe's fig bar that might also be good. I'll look at the nutritional contents.
  • krystina_letitia9
    krystina_letitia9 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Luna Bars! They are 180-190 cals and are sooooo good!
  • mrsejennings
    mrsejennings Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    AH. That sounds so good. Tempting me to be so bad!
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Sweet Summertime Watermelon!!! Yum!
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Chocolate Granola Bar

Cup of Raspberries

Caramel Rice Cake

Fig Newton (with a scoop of PB)

One Square of Dark Chocolate

Couple Animal Cookies

Low Sugar Chocolate Pudding Cup
  • KatFierce
    KatFierce Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Fiber one 90 cal bars are a go to for me I second the chocolate/caramel/pretzel one mmmm
    Fiber one brownies
    a few graham crackers with peanutbutter
    fun sized bag of m&ms
    melt some dark chocolate chips and dip strawberries or banana in them
    chocolate vitatop muffins with cool whip on top ( its kinda like a whoopie pie)
    who nu cookies ( like 3 for 140 cals) I like the chocolate chip ones
    2 munchkins from dunkin donuts around 150 cals ( i cut each one in half so I have 4)
    fiber twig cereal ( 1 cup 50 cals) with 1tbsp mini chocolate chips (70 cals) and a 100 cal package of mixed nuts or almonds (220cals total)
    bag of raisinettes
    no pudge brownie made with applesauce or ypgurt ( appx 150 cals)
    throw some blueberries (or any fruit you like)a little stevia and cinnamon in a baking dish, sprinkle with a few tbsp of dry cake mix and then dot with buttery spread, sprinkle cinnamon and bake 375 about 10 mins until golden brown. to make a fruit crisp, top with cool whip lite ( 20 cals per serving).
  • 120weeks
    Options
    Fiber one 90 cal bars are a go to for me I second the chocolate/caramel/pretzel one mmmm
    Fiber one brownies
    a few graham crackers with peanutbutter
    fun sized bag of m&ms
    melt some dark chocolate chips and dip strawberries or banana in them
    chocolate vitatop muffins with cool whip on top ( its kinda like a whoopie pie)
    who nu cookies ( like 3 for 140 cals) I like the chocolate chip ones
    2 munchkins from dunkin donuts around 150 cals ( i cut each one in half so I have 4)
    fiber twig cereal ( 1 cup 50 cals) with 1tbsp mini chocolate chips (70 cals) and a 100 cal package of mixed nuts or almonds (220cals total)
    bag of raisinettes
    no pudge brownie made with applesauce or ypgurt ( appx 150 cals)
    throw some blueberries (or any fruit you like)a little stevia and cinnamon in a baking dish, sprinkle with a few tbsp of dry cake mix and then dot with buttery spread, sprinkle cinnamon and bake 375 about 10 mins until golden brown. to make a fruit crisp, top with cool whip lite ( 20 cals per serving).

OH MY! Thank you for writing that all out. I work out pretty hard in the morning so I know I can afford these. I love the trailmix recipe and your fruit crisp recipe. All are very doable. Where can I get the muffins? You just gave me an idea that I can bake my own muffins though. Awesome!
  • 120weeks
    Options
    Sweet Summertime Watermelon!!! Yum!

I don't care for watermelon with coffee but I do love me some watermelon. You should try it with feta cheese and a balsamic reduction. So goooood!