Any ladies out there with a six pack?

Options
If so, what is your secret please? I am trying to work on one but it is taking ages!

Any tips?

Also if you don't think it is creepy, please can someone post a pic of their (real) six pack? I would love some inspiration!

Thanks!

Replies

• LittleD311
    LittleD311 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I dont have a 6 pack, but working on it...hope you know that abs are made in the kitchen, not in the gym! :)
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    If your diet isn't pretty clean, you're not doing cardio, there's no 6 pack coming. Thats the only secret I've been taught and seen girls who've had success actually do.
  • uk_angeldust
    uk_angeldust Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your post :)

Was not sure I'd get any responses as it is quite hard for women to get a six pack I guess..... but not impossible!

Would be interesting to know how you get on... do you follow any particular regime or diet? Do you do crunches on a daily basis?

ty :)
  • uk_angeldust
    Options
    wow! both of you ladies look amazing! very inspiring!

Thank you for posting!

I was gonna start JM 6pack DVD...Has anyone tried it?

thanks!
  • JennedyJLD
    JennedyJLD Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Crunches and all ab exercises are not the route to a six pack! They'll just make your stomach appear bulkier (firmer, yes; but bulkier!) So says every trainer I've ever worked with. Six packs and lean abdomens in general are the result of healthy diets and lots of cardio exercise. I'm giving up on crunches and focusing on cardio and core with a little arm and leg work in the gym.

Edited to add note: Crunches are much more effective for MEN who want six-packs - we ladies have a layer of fat covering our abdominal section that the fellas don't have to worry about. That's one reason why it's a bit harder for us to achieve that perfect six-pack. I'm definitely not there yet, but would love to be one day! But that's exactly what people mean when they mention that six-packs are made in the kitchen, not the gym. You have to work on that layer of fat that we naturally have there - otherwise you're just building a lot of muscle that's still "protected" underneath the fat.
  • uk_angeldust
    Options
    thanks Jennedy! :) I will keep that in mind!
  • VirginiaWoof
    VirginiaWoof Posts: 147
    Options
    bump
  • uk_angeldust
    Options
    Looking good VirginiaWoof! thanks for your post :)

I hope one day I can look half as good as that! :)
  • Jugie12
    Jugie12 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Crunches and all ab exercises are not the route to a six pack! They'll just make your stomach appear bulkier (firmer, yes; but bulkier!) So says every trainer I've ever worked with. Six packs and lean abdomens in general are the result of healthy diets and lots of cardio exercise. I'm giving up on crunches and focusing on cardio and core with a little arm and leg work in the gym.

Edited to add note: Crunches are much more effective for MEN who want six-packs - we ladies have a layer of fat covering our abdominal section that the fellas don't have to worry about. That's one reason why it's a bit harder for us to achieve that perfect six-pack. I'm definitely not there yet, but would love to be one day! But that's exactly what people mean when they mention that six-packs are made in the kitchen, not the gym. You have to work on that layer of fat that we naturally have there - otherwise you're just building a lot of muscle that's still "protected" underneath the fat.

I'd not rule out ab exercises - building a strong core will also protect your lower back, helps with balance and can tighten the midsection to show off a nice v-taper (build up those shoulders, too!) Abs are made in the kitchen and the finishing touch can be found in the gym cardio, leg raises, planks, etc. Make sure you also work your obliques!! Reverse crunches are good for hitting that hard-to-uncover lower abdominal region! I got fantastic results with this stuff, lost inches quickly. Check out Oxygen Magazine for some awesome clean recipes and wokrouts for a sleek midsection - that magazine saves me!
  • uk_angeldust
    Options
    Thanks so much Jugie12! great tips! :)
  • Hayesgang
    Hayesgang Posts: 624
    Options
    <<< I'm working on it.

This isn't going to be very popular however my diet isn't clean and I don't lift.

I average 1700 calories per day (yes, pizza and chips are on the menu) and I do hot power yoga 3x per week, and walk/jog 2x per week.

Everyone's body is different and you need to figure out what works for yours. The only tried and true answer is that you must lower your BF% to see any definition.

Good luck!!
  • uk_angeldust
    Options
    Looking great Hayesgang! I do some yoga too! Which one do you do?
    Thanks for posting! :)
  • SeaChele77
    SeaChele77 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    I have a good 4-pack - aiming for 6, but those lower two are very difficult.

I do:

Ab Ripper X
    Floor Sweepers
    Side Bends
    Random crunches

Lots of protein, lower carbs, lots of fiber (TMI - keep that colon/tummy clean makes the stomach muscles more visable), lots of water.

Some women have a harder time getting 2/4/6 pack and but can have a super sexy flat tummy. Don't beat yourself up trying.
  • Jugie12
    Jugie12 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    <<< I'm working on it.

This isn't going to be very popular however my diet isn't clean and I don't lift.

I average 1700 calories per day (yes, pizza and chips are on the menu) and I do hot power yoga 3x per week, and walk/jog 2x per week.

Everyone's body is different and you need to figure out what works for yours. The only tried and true answer is that you must lower your BF% to see any definition.

Good luck!!

My sis does hot yoga and loves it! Always says she feels great afterwards.
  • MyPresent
    MyPresent Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Great topic! Thanks for sharing! I have been able to reduce a little bit of belly fat and I have been only focusing on cardio, which is mainly spinning 2-3 times a week and some other days I do 30 minutes in the elliptical. I have been doing this for 4 months and it is taking forever to see a six pack. I do eat healthy, I even follow the abs diet book for women, so I wonder how much cardio do I need to do to speed this process...how long is it taking for y'all? It is frustrating, reducing belly fat is my main goal and be able to see a firm abdomen.
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    wow! both of you ladies look amazing! very inspiring!

Thank you for posting!

I was gonna start JM 6pack DVD...Has anyone tried it?

thanks!

Thank! Honestly I do more cardio than actual ab workouts. Like an above poster said, I get alot of my core strength from my other workouts such as squats etc. I do have a workout I do 2-3 times a week, I will post below. I actually don't enjoy doing abs so I keep it short and simple.

Do each exercise for max reps in 1 min. Rest 30 seconds between exercise; complete each circuit 2-3 times.

Plank
    Side plank
    Scissors
    Raised leg crunches
    Side twist heel touches
    Basic crunch
    Mason twists
  • uk_angeldust
    Options
    Thank you ladies! Feel free to add me as a friend so that and we can mutually support each other working on that six pack! ty! :)
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    I'm working on it too--it's one of my goals for the end of the year. Most important is to get that body fat % down. I'm at 17% right now and no six-pack in sight :-/
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    This is the only kind of 6 pack I've got right now....

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRV6Cscv61coYXMXYiADlHOOs8yanyC034MUGfjqT9E0i13_g1qTqSV1dOEZA
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    I have a six pack...its just hiding under a layer of fat...lmao