Spelling...

Options

Replies

• Fit_Canuck
    Fit_Canuck Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    the "lose" and "loose" are the ones that kill me here.

I posted a thread about that once. Unbelievable. Even more unbelievable is that some people think it's ridiculous if you point out this third grade level spelling error.

It all depends on how you point it out, I've had people mock me quite harshly on the forums for spelling mistakes, many times it's the auto-correct on my phone that switches it on me and other times it's simply that I don't know any better because I've learned English as a second language.
  • mukamom
    mukamom Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    You can add sale and sell to the list. I see BUSINESS signs with the wrong word.

For Sell 40x100 commericial building, etc

Park and Sale Here (in front of a lot where you can park you car, motorhome, boat to sell)

Doesn't anybody proofread this stuff???
  • nkziv
    nkziv Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I was homeschooled what do you want from me? Rude.

So you admit your homeschooling was a worse education than public schooling? Interesting.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    The mature grown up act is to speak proper language.

However, another mature thing is to ignore nitpicking and obsessing over little things like correcting strangers over the internet.

BTW, english is my 4th language and I often am asked to help college students with English papers and spelling different words. These kids speak English as their native language. Makes me sad to be honest.
  • Sockimobi
    Sockimobi Posts: 541
    Options
    Your great! This helped me alot. Their are so many errors made here everyday!

*hear

Trying to be funny?

I'm really not about to explain the joke here. But there is one.
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I was homeschooled what do you want from me? Rude.

So you admit your homeschooling was a worse education than public schooling? Interesting.

I was thinking that home-schooled isn't much of an excuse for an adult to use when there are further learning/educational tools/courses out there
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    the "lose" and "loose" are the ones that kill me here.

I posted a thread about that once. Unbelievable. Even more unbelievable is that some people think it's ridiculous if you point out this third grade level spelling error.

Yeah its hard to believe that people don't like it when people correct their grammar/spelling specially when they didn't asked for help regarding their grammar. Unbelievable. You should come into the ghetto around here and teach these grown men how its not "fow" but "four" and the proper use of "what" instead of "who". Spoiler alert for the scenario: it don't end well for you.
  • morgansmom02
    morgansmom02 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    I know some pretty smart people who use your and you're incorrectly. I can't explain it.
  • abberbabber
    abberbabber Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • Ripcode
    Ripcode Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Don't forget..... "Axe" and "Ask" are not the same...
  • icemaiden17_uk
    icemaiden17_uk Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Please bring back the wrtten English Language!! And if at all possible the spoken one as well!!
  • WhitneyAnnabelle
    WhitneyAnnabelle Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    For a forum with so many seemingly self-proclaimed English experts, there are a whole lot of grammar mistakes, hahaha.
  • Fit_Canuck
    Fit_Canuck Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    For a forum with so many seemingly self-proclaimed English experts, there are a whole lot of grammar mistakes, hahaha.

ssshhh don't mention anything, it may cause them to fall of their high horses ;)
  • pittskaa
    pittskaa Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    i love you for posting this. haha.
  • pittskaa
    pittskaa Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    AGREED! Haha.
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options

*hear

Trying to be funny?
    Boy, nothing gets past you.

The sad thing is that I actually have to ask.
  • JPod279
    JPod279 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Gewd two no.
  • Sockimobi
    Options

ssshhh don't mention anything, it may cause them to fall of their high horses ;)

*off

I am useless at grammar and I know it :sad:
  • Sockimobi
    Options

*hear

Trying to be funny?
    Boy, nothing gets past you.

The sad thing is that I actually have to ask.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: You're either hilarious or not.

Edited to add: Or is that "You're either hilarious, or not". I am crap at punctuation also.
  • manda1002
    manda1002 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Gewd two no.

LOL I was just going to add to, too and two.