Replies

• Musikelektronik
    Musikelektronik Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I just had three slices of cheese pizza. No biggie. Life goes on! :smile:
  • Cortbear80
    Cortbear80 Posts: 23
    Options
    No one is perfect :) Today I ate a whole bag of Peanut M&M's (the share bag) for 480 calories on top of my breakfast and lunch calories (I had a big breakfast too)...I've only got 26 calories left for dinner,.,..Just gonna go take a bike ride and ride a few calories off to have something healthy for dinner and then try harder tomorrow :)
  • MeliciousGibson
    Options
    I pig out on Huevos a la Mexicana con papas (potatoes) EVERY WEEKEND! At least ONCE a week - and I'm talking about about 600 calories a pop!

And I love it.

And I'll do it again this weekend.

More than likely the next, too.

You're human...you'll be fine.

By the way - I'm still dropping the fat off of my body while doing this! :D
  • ZyheeMoongazer
    ZyheeMoongazer Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I totally just pigged out on Mexican food, and of course, am feeling SO guilty!!! WHY do I do this?!?! UGH...

One meal won't cause you to undo all your great work. A cheat meal or day is good once in a while, its called enjoying life. I try to treat myself once every 2 weeks. If you try to remove all the good yummy bad for you food out of our diet for the rest of your life, you won't be very happy.

I also intend to forget all about MFP when I take my vacation this June. No weighting my food or measuring my servings sizes. I'm going to enjoy my vacation with no guilt of what goes into my mouth. I may weigh in the week after a little heavier, but no big deal it will all come off again.
  • Snotori
    Snotori Posts: 156
    Options
    I agree it's because we are human just don't make a habit out of it and don't beat yourself up about it. Think positive! It's only 1 day you aren't going to gain all your weight back so just go back to eating and exercising normally and all will be well. You may not loose anything for a few days but it's a speed bump that's all.
  • NNAhuja
    NNAhuja Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    You did it because you're human!
    Just cut back your calories a little each day for the rest of the week, push yourself to work out harder too.
    ^^^^This
  • countrycarrie31
    Options
    I know this is off topic but how do I get the ticker?
  • PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    As long as you aren't making it a habit, don't worry yourself over it. We all pig out from time to time - I do, every Friday night.
  • trhjrh06
    trhjrh06 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    I had a really bad night a couple Friday's ago and in one sitting ate more calories than my daily calorie intake is.
    And you know what? I got right back at it the next day. It was a moment of weakness and I gave in. End of story. I was right back to my normal ways the next day.
    Don't be down on yourself just get right back at it.
  • durhamity
    durhamity Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I know this is off topic but how do I get the ticker?

looks like you figured it out! :tongue:
  • Absam2
    Absam2 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I think you should call it a reward for weight lost, and move on.
  • JConstine
    JConstine Posts: 69
    Options
    Making yourself feel really guilty for stuff like this will mess you up more than eating a greasy meal from time to time. You're human, Mexican food is amazing, and tomorrow is another day. :) Just keep up the healthy habits.
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Pigging out at one meal? Not so bad. Pigging out for a week straight? That's something to be ashamed of. So, who has two thumbs and pigged out all last week? -->This girl<-- !
  • fitnhealthykaren
    Options
    i'm with you on the messing up today, but we don't need to beat ourselves up for it. we deserve it here and there. and as long as we don't do it daily, it's all good! i'm going to do an extra long workout tonight though.... ;-)
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I just want a cheeseburger.... so I get a cheeseburger.

Sometimes I just absolutely want pizza.... so I get pizza.

Hopefully these two things do not happen on the same day. :laugh: But even if they did, it's just one day. If I've exercised or if I can make it up through the week, it doesn't matter. And if I can't, it just means I was a little over for the week, likely at maintenance or around it, so it's all good, bruh.
  • rprussell2004
    rprussell2004 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Let's see...

Search and replace...

Replace "messed up" with "treated myself"...

There, fixed!

HTH,
    R
  • b0mbersfan
    b0mbersfan Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    mistakes are mistakes. big deal. reward yourself for recognizing it by taking a walk to clear your head and to mentally get back into the swing. i never feel bad about a bad day if I plan it... sounds crazy but if I know I'm going out to dinner with a friend I always plan that to be a 1,000 calorie meal... which meals salad for lunch and a very light breakfast. Now, even if I go crazy at that "out" meal, it doesn't kill my day because I was prepared.
  • GurleyGirl524
    GurleyGirl524 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    one bad meal can not de-rail you. Before you started this program, did one healthy meal make you healthy?
  • spikefoot
    spikefoot Posts: 419
    Options
    And here I was thinking you were going to say battery acid...

One day at a time

Also, don't allow yourself to get in the mindset that you need to always work it off out of fear. That is how eating disorders can start.

Keep movng forward :)
  • MoreThanMommie
    MoreThanMommie Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Log it and move on. Tomorrow will be better.

^This. Don't beat yourself up. It happens to us all at one point for another.