boob jobs

Options

Replies

• maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    I did not have augmentation, and STILL had a very hard time breast feeding.

I am sorry to hear that. I hope during that time you were able to meet with a LC or a LLL leader and receive some help.

And, if you are done having kids, and implants will make you feel better about yourself, I say "Go get them!"
  • karnoldmsa
    karnoldmsa Posts: 1
    Options
    I had a full 'mommy make over'. I would do it all again in a heart beat. One bit of advice that I got from my nurse when deciding how big to go.....'go a little bigger than you think. A lot of women get them done and once the swelling goes down they wish they were bigger. (and there is A LOT of swelling.) I took this advice, went bigger and love the outcome.

As for research, I went to about 4 docs. I chose the one I was most comfortable with and most reasonably priced. One was creepy and the other was weird. So, for comfort reasons, I would get a few opinions.
  • TXBelle1174
    TXBelle1174 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I wont have implants - I dont need them. I actually hope they get smaller!!! I am a DD now and would love to be back in a C or even a smallish D. I will, however, have a lift done. The girls have always had gravity issues and since I breastfed my two kids, have gained and lost weight, they have no shape. This time, once the weight is off for good, I will get them shaped and lifted a little. Maybe. Still trying to convince the husband that its a good idea. He is big time anti-surgery for cosmetic reasons. A friend of mine had hers done w/ implants and they are fabulous. They look great dressed and undressed and she loves them. She said recovery was very painful but she was barely an A and is now a C and said it was totally worth it. Good luck!
  • Felicia714
    Felicia714 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I successfully breastfed my last child for 24 months (YES 24 months) after having a breast augmentation. No issues whatsoever.

I encourage you to get your boobs. You will love them! I haven't met anyone personally who regretted them. And it seems that everyone I know has fake boobs.
  • Leslie85
    Leslie85 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I have them and love them! I know a lot of people talked about the recovery, but I had no pain at all...and you can ask anyone who knows me...I have an incredibly low pain tolerance. I credit my Dr.- he was amazing! I was uncomfortable for a few days because of the tightness, and because of that if felt weird to lay down, but I never experienced anything that I would describe as pain. Send me a private message if you want more info! I'd be glad to answer any questions you have! :-)
  • Minnie92x
    Minnie92x Posts: 107
    Options
    I love mine!!!
  • sweetmelissa40
    Options
    I have them...love them, had no problems, whatsoever, after surgery other than feeling "engorged" for a bit. I went to a cook-out the very next evening after my surgery.
    I say...to each her own! If it will make you feel better, do it. Don't let anyone persuade you in either direction!!
    Feel free to PM me if you'd like more info.

Have a great day!!!
    Melissa
  • netchik
    netchik Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Before you do anything, ask how important breast feeding is to you. I have a friend who had a reduction in her early 20's, and not being able to breastfeed was very hard on her. It's my biggest obstacle.
  • allisonrozsa
    allisonrozsa Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I have fake boobs. I'm not ashamed lol. And I won't lie either. Recovery was misery. It hurt so bad for like the first 3 days, even with the pain meds. But you know, it was well worth it. I get compliments on my boobs all the time lol and noone ever guesses they are not real.

I didn't research for a doctor. I went through a company called Be Your Best and they financed me with one of their doctors.

I say if you have the $$, go for it. You only live once.

What did it cost you? Did you get just an augmentation or a lift or both?
  • Leslie85
    Options
    I have them...love them, had no problems, whatsoever, after surgery other than feeling "engorged" for a bit. I went to a cook-out the very next evening after my surgery.
    I say...to each her own! If it will make you feel better, do it. Don't let anyone persuade you in either direction!!

Have a great day!!!
    Melissa

Same here...I just felt very tight. I went shopping the next day- granted I didn't drive lol!
  • sweetmelissa40
    Options

Have a great day!!!
    Melissa

Same here...I just felt very tight. I went shopping the next day- granted I didn't drive lol!

Ha...I saw your post after I posted and realized how similar our stories are. I have a very low pain tolerance and recovery was a breeze for me!
  • Leslie85
    Options

Have a great day!!!
    Melissa

Ha...I saw your post after I posted and realized how similar our stories are. I have a very low pain tolerance and recovery was a breeze for me!

Ha! Awesome! People can tell you I get tears in my eyes when I get a paper cut lol! Come to think of it, paper cuts hurt way worse! :-P The only issue I had was not being able to lay flat on my back for awhile...plus I'm a stomach sleeper...so that made things irritating for a few weeks.
  • DeadlyDame13
    DeadlyDame13 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    That's my goal for my 30th bday some tatas I found a doc who did 6 of my friends and 2 of their mothers
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    So...I am basically going to get flamed for this, but I just want to throw it out there.....

I work part time as a lactation consultant. I have had a ton of women come in to see me who have had breast augmentation or other surgeries who have massive difficulties with breastfeeding. The doctors tell them that they should be able to breastfeed after surgery, but some then still have alot of trouble. While many women are able to successfully breastfeed after certain procedures, other women find their milk ducts and nerves damaged and unable to produce milk.
    If this might be a concern for you, I urge you to wait until after you finish having children. I have met many women who wish they had waited to have the surgery until they were done with having kids. A good bra can work wonders these days...........

If this isn't a concern for you, then have fun!

Not trying to flame you, but I would like to point out that women without augmentation, still often have a difficult time breast feeding.

Yep! I haven't been able to breastfeed any of my three kids and mine are natural. Each one had a different issue that made it either too hard or just impossible.

ETA: Even a lactation consultant couldn't help me.
  • Kerri_is_so_very
    Kerri_is_so_very Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I never thought I would consider this...but after exclusively BF 2 kids and now losing weight my girls went from this ( . )( . ) to (.)(.) waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :sad: I now have a little fund started just for ( . )( . ) LOL
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    I haven't had mine done (yet...once I'm done having children, I'm getting these twins totally overhauled!) but the one piece of advice I can give based on experiences of friends of mine is you pay for what you get. Don't go with whoever is cheapest. This is SURGERY. A girl I know went with a cheaper surgeon, and her implants look awful and obvious, you can even see some rippling. She also didn't get them insured, so if she needs them re-done, she's out of pocket again.

Cost can be anywhere from $3000-$10,000, so take your time researching surgeons. My best friend from college had hers done for nearly 10 grand and they're seriously amazing, you'd never know they weren't real! She got them insured as well, insuring your breast augmentation is a REALLY good idea. Good luck!
  • solarpower4
    solarpower4 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I work part time as a lactation consultant. I have had a ton of women come in to see me who have had breast augmentation or other surgeries who have massive difficulties with breastfeeding. The doctors tell them that they should be able to breastfeed after surgery, but some then still have alot of trouble. While many women are able to successfully breastfeed after certain procedures, other women find their milk ducts and nerves damaged and unable to produce milk.
    If this might be a concern for you, I urge you to wait until after you finish having children. I have met many women who wish they had waited to have the surgery until they were done with having kids. A good bra can work wonders these days...........

Absolutely consider this if you want to have children, even if you don't THINK you'll breastfeed them (our breasts are for feeding our babies). TWO very close friends have had breast reductions and a third had implants (their surgeries were in the US and UK). ALL THREE had damage to the milk ducts and nerves and none of the three could breast feed their babies. They were all devastated. :(

I understand there is more awareness and concern nowadays about the ability - down the road - to nurse your baby so hopefully there will not continue to be such a high rate of debilitating internal damage. Evenso it would be good to talk about it with you doctor multiple times and ask if he can guarantee (in writing) no damage. That way the Dr. knows how much it matters to you and it may help weed out a plastic surgeon who is not that skilled.

BTW, all 3 friends were very happy with all other aspects of their modified breasts. The woman with the reduction needed the longest healing time. She said it was more than 6 weeks before the pain went away, yet she would do it all over again.

Good luck and best wishes to you!!!
  • jaxxie
    jaxxie Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I had implants about 20 years ago...Saline and went from an A to C...never had any problems, but I also didn't have kids.
    Built to last, lol!

I think you should do whatever makes you feel confident and sexy! Good luck!
  • lady_in_weighting
    lady_in_weighting Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    i am currently trying to put on weight so i can get a boob job done, im currently a 32a and would like to be a c - cup :) need to a BMI of 20 so i can qualify for it on the NHS. im currently 18.7. SIGH!
  • TinkrBelz
    TinkrBelz Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I got implants about 7months ago. I did it after breastfeeding all 6 of my kids.

If you want to breastfeed do check into that first. I would think getting a lift would make it more difficult to breastfeed. But, if this is not a concern, I think getting your breasts fixed is great.

Do research your PS and different procedures. Most women get implants under the muscle, but mine are over the muscle. They look great and feel very natural.

I think implants can cost 5K-8K and lifts might be around the same amount. I do not know about lifts because I did not need one...believe it or not!

Just make sure that you have lost all of your weight too, because losing weight can change their appearance a little bt.