Eggs, Glorius Eggs -- How do you dress them up?

Options

Replies

• lemasney
    lemasney Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I love to be creative with scrambled eggs. I look in my fridge and go hmmm left over chicken that will work, especially with a little onion, pepper and fresh garlic. How about left over fajita steak or chicken and veggies. Chop it up and add it. What else?

I love eggs on naan (Indian flatbread) with fresh tomato and basil. Delicious!
  • shaybell34
    shaybell34 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I make mine by using Pam spray , an make an omelette with sweet onions,red peppers,potatoes,turkey sausage,grated pepper jack cheese,spinach...with slice avocado on the side..yum
  • mollydubs
    mollydubs Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I cook them sunny side up and put them in a bowl with cottage cheese, peanut butter and jelly, cinnamon, and ground flaxseed. Dream come true? Yes.

All together? That sounds weird but at the same time, sounds delicious.

Yup! I like all my favorite things in one convenient location. And then in my mouth.
  • ew64
    ew64 Posts: 10
    Options
    My go to is scrambled eggs and salsa.
    My favorite omelete is granny smith apples (sauteed), bacon pieces or bits, and blue cheese crumbles as the filling.
    Lately I've been making frittatas with brocolli, tomatos (canned drained diced), and whatever else veggie wise I have on hand. Start it on the stove top, sprinkle some cheese on top and finish it off under the broiler.
  • Scubanana7
    Scubanana7 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    add any type of cooked veges with low fat meats if you have them.

add 5-6 whole eggs plus cup or two of egg whites

add some low-fat cheese.

mix all up and put in lightly oiled muffin pans. cook on 350 until done.

they are great to grab and snack on so I make LOTS. delish cold or warmed!
  • terraskye
    terraskye Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I love eggs any way I can get them but my favorite is soft boiled on a good sprouted wheat bread with some Frank's Red Sauce on top ...Mmmmmm I know what I"m having tomorrow now:)

ETA: OMG!! scrambled with sauteed zucchini and some chopped up bacon..../drools
  • Amazonstolemyname
    Amazonstolemyname Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am having eggs for tea. :)

I'm planning to make a lovely omlette with some chorizo sausage and sliced green peppers. Delish!
  • Dashingden
    Dashingden Posts: 1
    Options
    I throw some red capsicum, cherry or grape tomatoes cut in half, onion and maybe a pickled jalapeno or 2 into small non stick fry pan with just a splash of EVOO (extra virgin olive oil). When everything is starting to get soft I throw in a handful of babay spinach. once it has wilted I poor over a couple eggs scrambled with a spalsh of low fat or skim milk. Once you add the eggs keep the heat low after it has set from the bottom to about half way slide hte fry pan under a hot grill until the top sets.

Alternatively I like poached eggs on rye bread which I top with a little plain low fat yoghurt mixed with a dollop of dijon mustard.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    1 egg, 2 egg white, spinach leaves, feta cheese.
  • ThorneDust
    ThorneDust Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I like mine with a crumbled up bacon strip, some shredded cheese, and several shakes of Franks Red Hot!
  • lizzybethclaire
    lizzybethclaire Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    I put them in little dresses and decorate them with stickers.
  • ExplorinLauren
    ExplorinLauren Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    Pico de gallo is a MUST have for my eggs lol
  • Kirabelly
    Kirabelly Posts: 60
    Options
    I love mine with salsa, low fat cheese, and then top with plain greek yogurt for an extra kick of protein or sour cream if you don't like greek yogurt. I also make a pizza omelet which is just pizza spices in the eggs then low fat mozzarella, turkey pepperoni, and mushrooms. Yummmm.
  • twistofcain
    twistofcain Posts: 190
    Options
    Scrambled like my brain with ketchup.
  • MeliciousGibson
    Options
    Well, it all depends on whether you have boy eggs or girl eggs - and the dress code of the occasion.

Seriously, boy eggs DO NOT like being put in dresses and hats!

I suggest some Bermuda shorts, sunglasses and flip-flops. Add a bikini top if it's a girl egg.
  • MustBeTheRows
    MustBeTheRows Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Usually scrambled, cheese, hot sauce.
  • 10acity
    10acity Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I love WARM egg salad (cannot eat it cold).

haha that sounds so gross to me... I love cold egg salad with some pickle juice & dillweed.

I also love the combination of eggs & red peppers, and of course cheese. Always cheese.
  • starrygirl82
    starrygirl82 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Good ideas! bump!
  • sjeagle30
    sjeagle30 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    One of my all time favorites(and now my family loves it since I got them to try) is to do a fried egg and then put it on a piece of toast or a bagle thin with peanut butter! The egg melts the peanut butter and it is sooooooo good!! Good protine too.
  • normaleverydaymom
    Options
    1 egg + 2 whites with salsa and a smidge of taco cheese--- yum! You can also wrap it up in a carb balance tortilla for a breakfast tortilla- even better!