not losing please help

Options
Okay so I have been on a completely clean diet for weeks now, just over a month to be exact. I go to the gym everyday for 1 hour minimum. I cut out dairy products because i figured out i was allergic to Whey and Casein both products found in cow protein. So my point is that since starting this diet i thought it would help alot with losing weight but im not seeing any difference in my arms or legs. I think I might not be eating enough calories each day, Im afraid if i over estimate how many calories i burned though that ill eat more then i should, and gain weight. I need help, im becoming pretty frustrated! my stats are 140 and 5'5, im trying to get as lean as i can, without bulking. I do however use 3-5 pound weights twice a week to weight train.

Replies

• Skinny_Beans
    Skinny_Beans Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Looking at your diary-yikes. You aren't eating nearly enough to power your body to fat loss. You know the calorie count is a minimum, not something to stay under? You need to eat more, period. Keep up eating right and exercising, but don't expect anything too big after just a month.
  • spngebobmyhero
    spngebobmyhero Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    You aren't eating enough if your diary is accurate. Eat close to what MFP suggests, especially since you are working out.

If that's you in your picture, you look great.

If you are trying to lean out, try lifting weights and eating all of your calories. Women don't typically have enough testosterone to bulk up like a man would. Cut the grains and keep the dairy gone, eat grassfed meats with veggies and some fruits along with your weight lifting and you can also lean out and be strong.
  • las5529
    las5529 Posts: 15
    Options
    yea thats what i thought also thank you! i just find it impossible to eat all of those calories everyday, im just not hungry for them.
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    Don't use just the scale to measure your progress. Use measurements, photographs, how your clothes feel, how you feel, body fat percentage, etc. Too many things influence your weight. Odds are you are losing fat but retaining water so your weight doesn't budge as much.
  • Skinny_Beans
    Skinny_Beans Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    yea thats what i thought also thank you! i just find it impossible to eat all of those calories everyday, im just not hungry for them.

Add calorie-dense foods before and after workouts or in the morning when you need energy-hummus and peanut butter are good, but I also love nutella when I need a tasty spoonful of 100 calories. Maybe try changing up your workouts so your body isn't used to the same thing everyday, it could help your appetite.
  • las5529
    las5529 Posts: 15
    Options
    Ill try forcing myself to eat the calories, and yes everything is pretty close to accurate, and that is also me in the pic. I know every trainer and fitness expert says women cannot bulk up, but trust me when i tell you my body reacts to lifting like a guys would. I bulk! Lucky for me though my stomach is the first place i tone up. Dairy is def. out for me but grains just isn't possible because i live in a italian household however those are always whole wheat or multi grain. Thank youu for the advice!!!
  • spngebobmyhero
    spngebobmyhero Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Ill try forcing myself to eat the calories, and yes everything is pretty close to accurate, and that is also me in the pic. I know every trainer and fitness expert says women cannot bulk up, but trust me when i tell you my body reacts to lifting like a guys would. I bulk! Lucky for me though my stomach is the first place i tone up. Dairy is def. out for me but grains just isn't possible because i live in a italian household however those are always whole wheat or multi grain. Thank youu for the advice!!!

Add fats into your diet. That will help increase your calorie intake since fat is 9cal per gram and carbs and protein are 4. Try a can of oil packed tuna on spring greens with tomatoes, cucumbers, and any other veggies you want with some vinegar. Its simple changes that will up your calories and I bet you will feel great :)

Also, I do realize that some women bulk up from lifting. Its good that you are lifting anyways, even if its lower weight :)