Olive Garden...

Options
Any one out there have an idea of what I can order at Olive Garden that is good on calories?!! What I normally order would take the whole days worth of calories and then some! Someone please tell me what I need to order!

Replies

• ksavy
    ksavy Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Venetian Apricot Chicken is not too bad for you.
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    Soup, Salad, and breadsticks are awesome> Especially if you get the minestrone soup. I think it's pretty healthy. Just eat the breadsticks in moderation :)

R.G. (AZ)
    P.G. (TX)
    S.M.ASCE
    Practicing Engineering Geology for 7+ years
    MFP Member 1+ year
  • stronglikebull
    Options
    the breadsticks are 150 calories a pop. honestly, i'm not sure i can go back to olive garden right now. too much temptation.
  • ericarae33
    ericarae33 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I would get what you want, but eat in moderation....like a couple bites of this, one of those etc. I hate going to restraunts and gettign something I might not like just because its less calories...just eat less of what you want....and have LOTS of salad first, but get dressing on the side!
  • BosLady1
    BosLady1 Posts: 83
    Options
    Go to OG's website, they have calorie listings for everything... http://www.olivegarden.com/

On the left side it says menu... under that tab is nutrition... =)

I love their Chicken fettuccini alfredo.. but when I saw the nutrition i was like :noway: uggggh lol.. still love that place.
  • susannahcooks
    susannahcooks Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Get the salad (ask for their light dressing - they have it but you have to ask) and the pasta fagiole soup - Skip the breadsticks or else have just one.

Otherwise - I think they have some entrees that are meat + veg. Just gotta watch the salad dressing (Its SUPER high cal) and breadsticks.
  • dawlschic007
    dawlschic007 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    The Mediterranean Grilled Chicken is good. Or you can get what you normally want but just eat part of it and save the rest for later.

http://www.olivegarden.com/menu/nutrition/
  • dawlschic007
    Options
    Oops! Duplicate
  • toysbigkid
    toysbigkid Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    I always get 2 bowls Minestrone soup and tons of salad, low cal dressing on the side. Stuffed when I leave there. NO bread
  • danithegirl89
    danithegirl89 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Like someone else said... Venetian Apricot chicken. It's actually really good. Chicken breast with an apricot sauce and veggies on the side. :)
  • superstarkaren
    superstarkaren Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love Capellini Pomodoro...it is carb loaded, but otherwise pretty healthy... I would ask for the lunch portion(480 cal) or eat about half though(420 cal)...especially if you want to partake in salad(290 cal) and a breadstick(150 cal). Honestly I try to eat light on a day I may eat out, so that I can enjoy the experience when I'm there. And you need to remember this is one meal on one day...it's ok! Besides you could always grab a workout when you get home and get some extra calories out of that :o)
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    I usually get the breadsticks with some dipping sauce.

Mmmm....
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    Soup, Salad, and breadsticks are awesome> Especially if you get the minestrone soup. I think it's pretty healthy. Just eat the breadsticks in moderation :)

R.G. (AZ)
    P.G. (TX)
    S.M.ASCE
    Practicing Engineering Geology for 7+ years
    MFP Member 1+ year

Soup & salad are great... but I'd not do the breadsticks... and add a small side of spaghetti with meat sauce. But that's just me.
  • worgen
    worgen Posts: 14
    Options
    Go to their website and they have a nutrition guide there for you. Look at it and deside what you want. But when you get your meal ask for a to-go box and put half of it away for your meal next day ;)
  • Skinny_Beans
    Skinny_Beans Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    isn't olive garden nothing but bread and pasta? I'd say screw it and get what you like, just account for the calories by having a calorie deficit.
  • asongforholly
    asongforholly Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Stay AWAY from the breadsticks. Last time I went I thought I did good until I saw the calorie count for the sticks.

I had the shrimp primavara and it was pretty good calorie wise. They have a few lower calorish dishes that are quite tasty. I
  • Becky0582
    Becky0582 Posts: 23
    Options
    Okay, going to website and checking it out...can anyone tell me what veggies come on the side with the apricot chicken or the tilapia? And are those veggies included in the calorie count?
  • dawlschic007
    Options
    Venetian Apricot Chicken -
    Grilled chicken breasts in an apricot citrus sauce. Served with broccoli, asparagus and diced tomatoes.

Yes, the calorie count is for the entire plate.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Minestrone soup and salad without the dressing or with dressing on the side. I can usually do one breadstick also.
  • swaney3
    swaney3 Posts: 12
    Options
    I went to Chillis yesterday.. I crashed and burned. Good luck!