Brand New! No wonder I am overweight!

Options
2»

Replies

• brayla1
    brayla1 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard! One thing I might mention that I LOVE about MFP is the mobile app...I have no excuse for not journaling my food and exercise. It is AWESOME and I always know where I am in my day's accountability. Let's kick some bootie!!
  • wendsong
    wendsong Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Glad to have you!! It is refreshing to know that we are all in the same boat but using the same paddle to make healthy choices. I appreciate you sharing because this made me smile and remember why I needed this site!
  • TurtleRunnerNC
    TurtleRunnerNC Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Yup. Same here. I think I was easily @ 300 calories in creamer for my coffee alone! !!
  • aablacknell
    aablacknell Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Welcome NatalieBush. It is all so eye opening. Please make connections to get the support you need and accountability.
  • HelloSweetie4
    HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    That's why I like MFP. I didn't change anything my first week and man was I surprised! It really gives you a wake-up call.
  • Jking826
    Jking826 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Yes I thought the same thing when I started..l was really amazed at the calories when you go out to eat...Wow...2000 calories easily... Welcome & GOODLUCK!!!
  • andreamkelly
    andreamkelly Posts: 169
    Options
    Welcome Natalie, This website is a godsend and makes accountability that much easier. As mentioned about the mobile app is great. I have a great time scanning the bar codes of everything I eat. It also remembers what you eat the most. I also bought a fitbit to keep track of my walking and stairs and a special food scale that you log the food you are weighing and it tells you the calories and all the other nutrients for the food. Love it! Feel free to add me as a friend, can never have too many (and just starting I don't have many yet.)
  • nen1020
    nen1020 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Happens to the best of us. The other day I went to a popular chain restaurant and ordered what I assumed would be one of the healthier meals. Then I went home and added it....1160 calories for one stinkin' sandwich! So I looked up this place's nutritional menu....yea, the calories are insane! And I thought back to how I used to eat an appetizer and meal plus drinks in one sitting no problem. So no worries. I added ya as a friend....support is key and I'm a week old at this myself. :smile:

PS: Let's just say the name of the restaurant involves a day of the week. :wink:
  • JustLindaLou
    JustLindaLou Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    After I had been on MFP for a couple months I went back to a blank day and just entered the typical food I might have eaten in one day - 3000-4000 calories!!! I may still have days when I am over, but it is much more mindful now - I know this choice may not be the best, but I am gonna log it anyway, including those bedtime munchies. I watch portion sizes so I can enjoy some of my favorite foods still but work them into my daily plan, like a glass of wine or handful of M&Ms. :happy: Best of luck to you!!!
  • knk121
    knk121 Posts: 26
    Options
    The amazing thing is how the weight comes off once you keep track. I don't feel really hungry in a day when I'm eating according to my goals, and I lose. If I don't keep track, I can think I'm doing just fine and then wake up a month later with an extra ten pounds.

In short, by deciding to keep track you've already made the most important decision you can make to lose weight!
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    There is no doubt in my mind that during my heaviest I was eating well over 5000 a day. Now it makes me sick to my stomach to think about it.