40 LBS LOST!!

Options
2»

Replies

• EmilyDuby
    EmilyDuby Posts: 67
    Options
    When I weighed 145lbs before I had my children I always used to pick out my flaws and feel that I was a bit chubby and now I look back at pics of that time (I weigh 213 now) and kick myself for not loving how great I looked back then! I have vowed to be happy with my body when I get back to that point. No, it won't be perfect, I've got the baby belly from two kids now that will NEVER be flawless again, but now I know that the weight I used to have was wonderful and beautiful and I should have appreciated it more. Appreciate what you have now and remind yourself how much better it is than where you were.
    Today as i stepped on the scale i saw a number i havent seen in a long long time im in the 140's!!! its been so long way to long! Ive now lost 40lbs i am very proud of myself however i still see that 190lbs girl in mirror i know that im not to terribly big anymore ive lost quite a bit of weight and inches but i just cant get past my flaws... Anyone else have this problem, will i eventually gain some confidence about my body?
  • nicsantaw
    nicsantaw Posts: 3
    Options
    You are amazing.. to have lost that 40 lbs... the battle, the ups and downs.. you need to reinvent youself... Find the things that make you happy.. and little by little dive into them... As we age we develope new desires.. change in taste.. well the same as we lose weight.. feel better about yourself... find clothes that make you feel good about yourself and show your figure off.... LOVE YOURSELF ... because no one else will till you do first. No one has a perfect body.. and further more there is that girl out there who lost use of her body.. or the one that was burned over most of her body.. or the one who is sooo over weight she can't even move without losing her breath.... and they are sitting here tonight saying.. man i wish i had her body! Tell yourself 10 times every morning in the mirror ..... I love myself and I am beautiful... If you show confidence ppl will also see that! Congrats on the weight loss...
  • ldalbello
    ldalbello Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I can totally relate. I will try to make this as short as possible, but ...

I was too thin growing up, every time I went to visit my Italian mother, the first thing she would say is 'you need to eat, Ill make you some food' (Not blaming her as she always made healthy delicious food, however I hit the age of 37 and started a desk job (still there) and met a guy who I fell in love with (still there) but loved to drink beer, so if started drinking beer every day. Bad combo. I went to 181 lbs. Now down to 145 (I am 5'7") I am 53 years old, so I think I am looking pretty dam good, however, now that is not an issue I realize that there are other issues I have that I put on the back burner, because of my obsession with losing weight. It's a different struggle, but a struggle anyway.
  • DawnMarieMomofTwo
    DawnMarieMomofTwo Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    You are amazing.. to have lost that 40 lbs... the battle, the ups and downs.. you need to reinvent youself... Find the things that make you happy.. and little by little dive into them... As we age we develope new desires.. change in taste.. well the same as we lose weight.. feel better about yourself... find clothes that make you feel good about yourself and show your figure off.... LOVE YOURSELF ... because no one else will till you do first. No one has a perfect body.. and further more there is that girl out there who lost use of her body.. or the one that was burned over most of her body.. or the one who is sooo over weight she can't even move without losing her breath.... and they are sitting here tonight saying.. man i wish i had her body! Tell yourself 10 times every morning in the mirror ..... I love myself and I am beautiful... If you show confidence ppl will also see that! Congrats on the weight loss...

great advice thank you!
  • aallen8599
    aallen8599 Posts: 73
    Options
    Embrace the NOW. I've gained some weight (had to go on meds for anxiety, started school, stress, etc.) and I look back at pics now from a year or two ago and think, Why did I think I was fat then?? Now I wish I looked like I did then, only then, I wished I looked like something else! So, I'm hoping to change my thinking and embrace every moment. :wink: If you are in the 140s that's great!!! Keep it up but be happy at the same time, or you are basically crapping on all of your hard work that got you there. :laugh:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!