I am seriously turning into a grouch right now

Options
Okay here's my problem,

When I make mac and cheese I always do it in the over; however, I never know how in the frick I am supposed to know what 1 cup is? It's already bad enough that they don't get examples on line or on the box. You would think that they would.

Also when you buy a bag of chips(7 servings) and you pour yourself some and most of them are broken up.??????????!!!!!!!!!! HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO KNOW WHAT 15 CHIPS ARE WHEN THEY'RE ALL BROKEN UPPPPP?! DO YOU EXPECT ME TO PUT THE PIECES TOGETHER LIKE A FRICKING PUZZLE OR A LEGO SET?

Someone anyone want to help me out here? Please.

Replies

• sjtreely
    sjtreely Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    You need a food scale.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    I don't know what you mean about the 1 cup thing. Use a measuring cup...?

As for the chips, most nutrition info packages have a weight next to the chip amount, usually in grams or ounces. I never count, I always weigh.
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    well with the mac and cheese you just use a measuring cup and scoop it out lol

and the chips just estimate!
  • LemonSnap
    LemonSnap Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I have one word for you......

scales
  • kmjenkins
    kmjenkins Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Get yourself a food scale, some measuring cups/spoons...weigh/measure everything when you prepare your plate.
  • BriskisGrl
    BriskisGrl Posts: 461
    Options
    My measuring cups get more use now.
  • sunshine__angel
    sunshine__angel Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    For the Mac and cheese you could just measure it in a measuring cup before serving it. The chips are tougher, I usually just eat the full chips and don't worry about the broken ones. But as mentioned in another comment, a food scale would help solve both of these problems. Good luck!
  • bcampbell54
    bcampbell54 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    Weigh everything.

Also,

Whenever I feel grouchy, I get weighed and I feel better.
    So wets all get weighed.
  • Skinny_Beans
    Skinny_Beans Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Okay here's my problem,

When I make mac and cheese I always do it in the over; however, I never know how in the frick I am supposed to know what 1 cup is? It's already bad enough that they don't get examples on line or on the box. You would think that they would.

Also when you buy a bag of chips(7 servings) and you pour yourself some and most of them are broken up.??????????!!!!!!!!!! HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO KNOW WHAT 15 CHIPS ARE WHEN THEY'RE ALL BROKEN UPPPPP?! DO YOU EXPECT ME TO PUT THE PIECES TOGETHER LIKE A FRICKING PUZZLE OR A LEGO SET?

Someone anyone want to help me out here? Please.

Use a measuring cup for the mac and cheese, and on bags of chips the nutrition for one serving is shown next to how many per bag (i.e. 7).

You're way too upset and confused over this.
  • Cyngen
    Cyngen Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Food scales are amazing great. Measure it by weight.
  • skinnylove00
    skinnylove00 Posts: 662 Member
    Options

HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO KNOW WHAT 15 CHIPS ARE WHEN THEY'RE ALL BROKEN UPPPPP?! DO YOU EXPECT ME TO PUT THE PIECES TOGETHER LIKE A FRICKING PUZZLE OR A LEGO SET?

hahaha aw i dont mean to laugh at you, you sound so flustered! <3 my heart goes out to you, i feel the same way! totally agree with the above advice, buy measuring cups and eat out of that...also,with the chips....maybe you can only eat the whole ones :wink:
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    FOOD SCALE!!!
  • blueandigo
    blueandigo Posts: 296
    Options
    Thanks guys lol.

I just get really pissed off when things aren't going my way. Now I gotta find a fricking food scale.
  • Pretty_Mrs
    Pretty_Mrs Posts: 20
    Options
    Just in case you do not have plans, or funds, to buy a food scale immediately, you could try taking 7 ziplocks and dividing the chips into 7 equal portions. That would ensure that you're eating pretty close to the portion size, and also that NEXT time you wanted to eat some they'd already be in the perfect serving size.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    Options
    It looks tiny. I like the bigger ones, you can set a bowl or plate or cup on it and weigh it. The bigger ones weigh up to ten pounds. Also weigh in ounces, grams, kilos.

The smaller one might be hard to use. Dunno.

It would be great to have in a purse or briefcase.

• blueandigo
    blueandigo Posts: 296
    Options
    Yeah it measures up to 1lb and all the reviews are great other than the people who hate having to calibrate it.
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    the BEST food scale on amazon is the EatSmart food scale....

http://www.amazon.com/EatSmart-Precision-Digital-Kitchen-Silver/dp/B001N07KUE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1337745103&sr=8-1

which measures up to 11 LBS and has been used in my household 100x a day since January.

They also have FABULOUS customer service
  • frootcat
    frootcat Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Whenever I feel grouchy, I get weighed and I feel better.
    So wets all get weighed.
    Falling asleep... but that woke me up! Snerk. :)