Why all the ranting?

Options

Replies

• lenya_maria4516
    lenya_maria4516 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I am quite new here myself (about 2 1\2 months) and have kept my head down in concerns to the forum in general really. Some posts have been very informative offering advice and suggestions for which I'm grateful but lately it seems to be insults at dawn. You can't seem to read anything without a shower of verbal arrows going over your shoulder. Hopefully whatever has gotten everyone in such a tissy will ease down and blow over. I'm the sort that wishes everyone who is trying to better their life (or another's) in some way the very best of luck and happiness, don't understand all the haters out there lately :-S

Good luck to you! Feel free to friend me x
  • lenya_maria4516
    lenya_maria4516 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    BECAUSE WE ARE ALL HUNGRY

:-P

No, you're all HANGRY!

LOL!
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    All I seem to read on here recently is people bashing other people for being fat, thin, tall, male, female, you name it. I thought this website was for help and support?!

Can't we all just get along and help each other out? After all we (mainly, some would like to gain weight etc.) have the same goal otherwise we wouldn't be here. Seriously, life is too short.

Where is the love people!

:heart:

people are angry for so many reasons. when you face anger, just observe it and let it pass. don't respond to it, just let it sit in silence. this goes for "real life" as well as internet boards. then offer nothing but love.
  • aamb
    aamb Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    :heart: ............ spreading lurve!!
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    All I seem to read on here recently is people bashing other people for being fat, thin, tall, male, female, you name it. I thought this website was for help and support?!

Can't we all just get along and help each other out? After all we (mainly, some would like to gain weight etc.) have the same goal otherwise we wouldn't be here. Seriously, life is too short.

Where is the love people!

:heart:

Why did you post this in the fitness and exercise section?
  • teee12
    teee12 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    dont worry, be happy! life is to short to be mean to be! be happy for everyone! :)
  • swthrtsmrf
    swthrtsmrf Posts: 384
    Options
    Agreed. I read a thread this morning that I give the lady credit for having the guts to make the post she did, but she was out of line for it. I am not sure why people are doing this.
  • Dovekat
    Dovekat Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Thank you, that's very kind of you :)
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    I completely agree!! People will ask for help or advice & get bashed for what they want to do to lose weight or just b/c someone doesn't agree with them....It's getting ridiculous & I don't understand why people that have nothing but negative things to say about a post don't just skip it until they find something that they like & agree with....Unless they are just people that are negative all of the time & want to spread misery...Then I truly feel sorry for them b/c they probably have no friends & no life at all!!! That is all!!
  • VeganInTraining
    VeganInTraining Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    perhaps its because people put rants about rants in the "fitness and exercise" forum rather than "chit chat."
  • indrani1947
    indrani1947 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I always try to help and have found the eat more to lose weight group helpful, there are a lot of helpful people out there.

I never get involved in angry threads life is too too short LOve Love Love :)
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    perhaps its because people put rants about rants in the "fitness and exercise" forum rather than "chit chat."

But it doesn't belong here.
  • VeganInTraining
    VeganInTraining Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options

But it doesn't belong here.

my point exactly

edit: oh, I see what you were saying...no, I was commenting on the thread being out of place not your comment about it being in the fitness section. I had the same bone to pick
  • aamb
    aamb Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    sigh...........
  • tropaze
    tropaze Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Well said!
    I don't mind a rant . . . but some of them lately have just been mean spirited. If there's a problem just say what your problem is and leave it at that. Don't blame other people or single out a group because you feel like you're lacking something.

Edit: I just created my own "rant", I feel like being an attention wh*re. :laugh:
  • shazjacko81
    Options
    i am new to this and i am keeping myself to myself because everytime i read posts there is always 1 havin an go at someone and people dont need that when they are trying so hard to lose weight of whatever reasons. a little smile can help someone when they are having a bad day all we want is for someone else to say look we have bad and good days and 2mor will be better and give them the little bit of drive they need to keep up there great work they have already done.
    :-) :)
  • kayleesays
    kayleesays Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    People don't know how to use the internet and somehow are convinced that a forum is a place for them to make themselves a little soapbox and feel important.

*scowl*
  • LilynEdensmom
    LilynEdensmom Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    BECAUSE WE ARE ALL HUNGRY

:-P

and sore and tired from working out lol
  • goal2B140
    goal2B140 Posts: 29
    Options
    I completely agree with you, I came to this site for support in losing weight, not to bash people or rant... I read a post earlier on another thread of a woman who was blaming "fat" people cuz she couldnt lose her last 4 lbs or something? I didn't even respond not worth my time... So much argueing... Instead of fighting back and forth mayb people should just go exercise, their serotonin level would raise=they would be happier...and would not be ranting. Just a thought :)
  • PuggleLover
    PuggleLover Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    misery loves company