breakfast--quick ideas?

Options
Does anyone have an QUICK breakfast ideas that make you feel "full"? Having problems that i'm hungry very soon after eating breakfast every morning which leads to bad snacking. I have tried to drink water before/after meal, etc.

Replies

• misspgreenwood
    Options
    If Im trying to eat carbs I have overnight oats - they are quick as you have to do them the night before and really fills me up!

If I want proteins a couple of eggs with some mushrooms and peppers and a dash of almond milk in the microwave for a minute or so is a quick tasy scrambled omlette
  • MENichols5
    MENichols5 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    My current favorite is Yoplait Light yogurt (all different flavors) and Kashi Go Lean Crunch Honey Almond Flax cereal (granola) added in. I was eating 4 egg whites with hot sauce and that kept me full for awhile but then I think my body got used to it/metabolism sped up so I switched to the yogurt and granola which keeps me pretty full until lunch. I always bring a small healthy snack just in case I am hungry before lunch though like a light string cheese or some fruit!
  • znm100
    znm100 Posts: 148
    Options
    I like cereal, but I feel like it doesn't keep me full for long... I have found that oatmeal keeps me full longer, and generally speaking, is better for you. I get those instant oatmeal packets that take 2 minutes to make, so its also quick... if you have to eat on the go, you can always make it in a Tupperware container...
  • bigpenguin570
    bigpenguin570 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I find a bkfst that has alot of the food groups work the best. Maybe flat bread (100cal), egg whites (32cal) or real egg (70), slice of low fat cheese (90cal), or turkey sausage patty (90cal) to make a sandwich. Add a glass of skim milk too (80cal). Or if I'm in a big rush, 2 low fat waffles in toaster, add pb & jelly. Take sandwich on the go, and a piece of fruit or yogurt. Hope this helps!
  • xomelissasue
    Options
    thanks everyone--- i may switch to the yogurt/granola combo during the week next week to see if that works for me. Thanks and feel free to add me! i love support and friends!
  • rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I bake a fritatta with 4 days worth of eggs then I put individual portions in baggies to microwave and just top my bagel with my eggs.
  • omisgirl
    omisgirl Posts: 1
    Options
    I take 2 hard boiled eggs, precooked and peeled the night before, some salt, pepper and mustard and a tablespoon of mayo and blend it all in my Magic Bullet. Then I eat it slowly. This always lasts me until lunch time. You could always increase the eggs to 3 instead of 2. I find this to be a satisfying and protin filled way to start my day. Fast too.
  • jackieatx
    jackieatx Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I did a baked apple with stevia and toast yesterday. It was pretty yummy.
  • princessage117
    princessage117 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I like the packet of apple oatmeal, I mix it w water and nuke it. Then I peel and core an apple and put it in a bowl with a plate on top and nuke it 2-3 mins until soft (careful, bowls will be extremely hot) then slice it up and toss it w the oatmeal. It keeps me super full. And I take a vitamin that helps me feel less hungry, Women's one a day active metabolism.
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    #1 Whole Grain low sugar bread toasted (2 slices) - with no preservative peanut butter & low sugar jam + piece of fruit + hard boiled egg

#2 Oatmeal + piece of fruit + hard boiled egg

#3 Granola + fruit (berries usually) + 0% yougurt

All quick, easy & yummy

As for morning snacking. I think that a morning snack is a good thing. Just not too much! And, I usually include a generous portion of water with any snack. Try non-salted nuts & dried fruit (raisins, dates or cranberries) or fresh fruit:apples, bananas, pears, etc.
  • xomelissasue
    Options
    thanks for all the ideas!!
  • watchtheworld
    Options
    It's very protein heavy, but I have a 30 g scoop of WPI, 285 ml of milk, then either some variety of fruit (banana, etc) and/or eggs, depending on what protein and cholesterol I'm likely to be eating the rest of the day.
  • freew67
    freew67 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    100 cal English Muffin thats loaded with fiber and 1 serving of egg beaters. Put the egg juice in a coffe cup and in the microwave for 45 secs. 2 of those for 225 and you got a crapload of protein to start the day. I added a little bit of cheese and bacon bits for something dif. Added about 25-30 cals each. I was really amazed how good the egg beaters were.
  • poetinmyheart
    poetinmyheart Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I like Bagel Thins with a Laughing Cow cream cheese wedge.
  • sashanicole88
    sashanicole88 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • Lippa66
    Lippa66 Posts: 6
    Options
    I've been eating go kashi high protein and it keeps me filled for a few hours.
  • stillmom
    stillmom Posts: 2
    Options
    i dont eat breakfast, i find when i eat breakfast i am hungry all day. i will have coffee, and some water after that, but if i eat breakfast, i want to snack all day. they say breakfast is the most important meal of the day, well, it may give you energy, but if all that energy just leads to eating more, what good is it.
  • AshleyRKnutson
    AshleyRKnutson Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Trying eating fruit before anything else. Eat some fruit with water, then once finished, wait 30 minutes, if you're still hungry, then eat something small like peanut butter crackers or a granola bar or something. I read the fruit thing in a book last year and tried it...it really works!! There were so many days that I was not hungry after eating the fruit. =)
  • chattipatty2
    chattipatty2 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have an QUICK breakfast ideas that make you feel "full"? Having problems that i'm hungry very soon after eating breakfast every morning which leads to bad snacking. I have tried to drink water before/after meal, etc.
    Non fat plain greek yogurt flavored with Crystal light, mashed berries or anything else to mask its taste if you don't like it. High protein, quick and will get you through the morning.
  • tweetybaby69
    tweetybaby69 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    100 calorie english muffin and one egg, or a bagel thin with spray butter